2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
thatyellowmach1

Why is my Mach1 getting such horrible gas mileage??

Hi I am new to this forum and I need help figuring out why my mach1 is getting such bad gas mileage. Over the summer I noticed I was filling up my tank more often. Before the problem started I was averaging around 220 miles a tank, now im getting 120 miles. My driving habits are good I do not get on the gas all that often and I do pretty much all city driving. I have done I think almost everything to fix this problem. I have replaced the o2 sensors, cleaned air filter, cleaned MAF, cleaned throttle body and intake, ran fuel system cleaner, and inflated the tires properly. Did all this and nothing has changed, took my car to the ford dealership and they told me the car was having a misfire which was the first thing I check when my gas mileage was dropping but did find anything wrong. Ford fixed the misfire and I could tell right away that the car was running a lot better then before so I thought that was it, problem solved. So I filled up again and now my tank is about empty and the trip is at 125 miles, so nothing changed I am still getting the same bad mileage as before. I am a college student and I just cant afford filling up so often, so if anyone has any idea on what could be causing my gas mileage to be so bad would be greatly appreciated.
thatyellowmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote