2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Surveys & POLLS

Surveys & POLLS Post Registry-wide gerneral surveys and polls here.

View Poll Results: Are you a MCA or local Car Club Member?
Yes, I'm a member of the MCA and Mustang local club. 12 22.64%
Not MCA, but a local Mustang/Car Club 21 39.62%
Naah, I'm not a club kinda guy but like Mustangs 20 37.74%
I'm not really a Mustang person but thought I'd give it a shot and buy one 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #26
MCHNROL
original owner

Re: Mustang Clubs... Are you or not?

Right now, I'm not a member of MCA as I am on and off. My local club had a MCA National in May 2007. I'm a local member of the Derby City Mustang Club and have been since 2003. They have monthly meetings and monthly cruise ins April thru September with a big show in September (in the Park.) It is a good group of people as I stay out of the politics as every group has. This club is about people who drive mustangs but, leave the attitudes at home and if I get one, I just stay away for a while. lol This club started in 1989 and has bylaws to keep anyone from taking over to make it their club. We try to attend shows of neighboring clubs in the tri-state area to support each other and their charitable causes. It gives me more reasons to drive the mach 1.

I'm in another universal club, pay a one time $10, get a t-shirt, lifetime emails, cruises and local gtgs. It's "Wilder than Most" since it's got most bolt ons. lol
Built 5/23 Bought 10/9/03 AFS:17x9&10.5rims, MRT:PRO-M MAF, Street Smart CAI, MagnaFlowH&catbackw/Mach tips, Hood struts, FRPP:REM 4.10 w/31-sp Mosers, Alum flywheel&driveshaft, PHP:spacer, Steeda:Tri-ax, UCA,strut towerbrace, HPM:Megabitejr.LCA,subframes, T/A:Girdle, Raptor:shiftlite, SLP:linelock, UPR:Quad&Adj NGK TR55IX CDC:floormats, honeycombtail&sequentials, gaugerings, Grippermat, ShakrAirDiverter, Bullittfueldoor, SilverStripes, BuildIDplates, Tint@35%, cats 298rwhp/318tq FUN!

Last edited by MCHNROL; 06-16-2012 at 06:05 PM.
MCHNROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #27
billc

Tried the local club once.....they meet on Wednesdays which is a church night for me, and since I haven't figured out how to take the Mach with me to the next life, figured I better not give that one up Do spend a lot of time at the car hang outs, cruise ins, shows, etc. I've always liked the fact that those are primarily about the cars.....usually very little politics or back biting (well maybe the shows ). So much so, that most people are just known not by name, but by what car they drive....." Hey is the guy with the GTO going to be here tonight? Yea him and the guy driving the black Mach will be here about six".
billc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
jaimoe
Speed addict

I joined 2 local clubs 3-4 years ago. Didnt stay active as it was more about a social gathering rather than cars. The local shows were all about whos car was most like stock. I was looking for a club where we could help each other do mods and fix broken cars. Doesnt appear to exist. Im not about sitting in a lawn chair in front of my car. I want to go fast at the track and do it with friends. Doesnt appear to exist here in S Fla.

2003 DSG Mach 1
99/01 Cobra front bumper
Darrin-Matic w/3500 stall converter
100 Shot
4.10 Gears
Stock Springs
KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts
tubular LCAs
UPR dbl adj UCAs
Custom SCT Tune
255/40/18 front
295/35/18 rear
FR500 Wheels
Custom RAI
UPR O/R X-Pipe
Roy spacer
Flowmaster 40's

I may not be as good as I once was,
but I'm as good once as I ever was."

"Just an old man having fun"
jaimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
j21moss
3 time Mach 1 owner

I am a member on Mustang Club of Indianapolis since 2004 and found it by just being asked to do a Labor Day parade to come out and have some fun..They also fed me and never once was begged to join the club..just to come out and have FUN!!!! That was what I was looking for and have never looked back.. I have been with MCA since 2009 and has of right now still haven't done a MCA event with "Hollywood" with the exception of having to work the 2009 Race to Indy Nationals. I am looking forward towards the 1st one to be in whenever that will be. It's been just too far to go at this time
1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 351C Blue Met
1976 Mustang Mustang II V6 White
1978 Mustang Mach 1 302 Midnight Blue
1995 Mustang GT Conv. 302 Teal
1996 Mustang V6 "Timex" 330,000 miles
2003 Mustang "Hollywood" Mach 1 MRT Promo Zinc Yellow

http://www.mustangclubofindianapolis.com

"Hollywood" is in Da House!!!!
j21moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #30
SonicBoomva
Sonic Boom

We are a member of Peninsula Mustang Enthusiast here in Virginia. Our club does many things such as attending events together, doing car cruises, attending shows together and we host several shows also. All money our club makes from shows is donated to the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters. Not everyone is into fund raising but my whole family is proud to be a member of this club and the $46,000 we have raised for CHKD in the past 6 years. We have met a lot of good people in the club. Yes we have had our ups and downs but we have stuck with it because of the gratification it gives us.
SonicBoomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #31
systemdz
systemdz

I go to a local car club once a month but I don't fit in. Me and my buddy just sit in the back and talk about drag racing the whole time. Kinda feel like that person that sits in the back row at church talking during preaching.
I am definitely a die hard mustang fanatic and am glad to just be around others that are too. Similar to the way an alcoholic attends AA meetings. haha
2003 Mach 1 Torch Red, 4.6 WAP block .20 coated manley pistons, manley h-beams, 98 cobra cam, BTR springs, Fererra valves, BC auto 4r75w w Freddie Brown MVB w brake, CircleD 4c, built rear and baseline drag suspension. NOS wet kit w NANO.
systemdz is offline   Reply With Quote