2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
03AV8R
Terrible Dyno Car!

Got a Dodge truck that wont idle!

So i got in this 97 4X4 dodge truck, ext cab fully loaded in really good shape.. I wanna attach it to my trailer permanently & use it just for that.. haulin my trailer to the track & the nearby auctions etc.. the problem is that it wont idle.. as soon as you take your foot off the gas she dies.. It runs & drives excellent too.. I replaced the battery & the connectors because they were really bad.. the problem was fixed for a day or so.. thought i had it fixed but last nite she started doing it again??

Im getting no CE lites whatsoever?? Which only makes it more difficult to narrow down.. Im thinking IAC, TPS sensor or low fuel pressure?? I checked voltage after the battery change & had like 13.9 V (while running) or something like that so i doubt its a weak alternator.. Ill need to re-check that again though while she's havin the problem again.. I just dont want to start replacing $50 sensors for nottin.. All the vacuum lines look good & connected up etc..

Anyone else have one of these Dodges they had the same problem with??

Axles of Evil Racing

Bolt-On's
All the good ones :PIMP: running 11.17's N/A on the stock factory motor.
Results
Best 1/4 mile 11.174 (Slicks) 11.2's (Quick TP's) 12.072 (17" Street Stocker wheels & tires)
Best MPH 119.22
Best 60' 1.474 (With ET Drags) 1.51 (Quick TP's) 1.8's (17" stockers)
03AV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
towbar

Re: Got a Dodge truck that wont idle!

My father in law has one that had the same problem and it was the crank sensor. Thats something you might want to check as well.

03 Mach 1 TR
93 LX 2.3T
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Uloset
Fastest Mach 1 Somewhere

I've had a similar problem on a 99 4.0 Jeep Cherokee and I know for that model the crank sensor is the culprit. I just detached the battery though and it only gave me the problem maybe once in about 3-4 years. I also have heard/seen of late 90's Chryslers problems having something to do with a lose wire in the dash cluster. Some the dash goes out but the car runs fine just no tach, mph etc and others where it stalls out when the guages stop working.

I have a problem every time I pull up to some ricer a strange buzzing noise comes from behind me, any clue what it could be?
Uloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
zincmock03

go to dodgetalk.com . They have a ton of info on that site.
zincmock03 is offline   Reply With Quote