2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #576
machgsxr

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorangeCH View Post
Thank you for the answers.

That would be my next question, if I can turn the IAC sensor to the side. But thats some more, that I dont have to buy.

That means I can use the IAT at the intake tube or extend the wires to the IAT2 behind the blower? So I actually dont need the IAT at the intake?

About the knock sensors, so I have to grind them or?

I'm not sure, if I should do the swap by myself or bring it to the car shop. They want about 2500Euro incl. DynoTune. How complicated is to do the swap? I'm not a mechanic, but its not so that I'm a complete noob. I replaced many things by myself like the complate intake manifold, radiator, CAI. But a eaton swap I a level higher I think.

thanks for your help
Knock sensors have to be ground off, same as the mach 1. You do not need the iat at the intake. Post blower temps are more important.

Holy smoke, they are making a killing off you. What's it hurt to try yourself? It can be done, just take your time. It's just putting a ~70 pc puzzle together, but on your car.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #577
agentorangeCH

When I would do the swap here in Switzerland it would cost much more, than 2500Euro. This car shop is in Germany and specialized for US cars. I know they have done an eaton swap and I would say, thats the only eaton swap here in europe.

What I dont want, that I do it myself and when I'm done the car dont start or something like that. But actually I would like to do myself, like to work with my car :-)

About the IAT, I have the complete harness so I can just replace it with the stock one and then I can install both IAT?

I saw that I got the IAC, but the alternator is missing, the intercooler pump is broken and there are some parts, which I dont know what it is.

I will make some pictures to show them here.

Another question. I read that it isnt necessary to take off the oil pan, but do I have to get oil out of the engine? When I put the timing cover and the oil cooler away, if there will come a flood of oil against me.
agentorangeCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #578
Cobra Drifter
Carbon Driven

I just finished my eaton swap on my 01 Cobra. Make sure you have all teh hoses and the ps hard lines too as the hoses are discontinued from Ford. The ps lines are not but who knows how long they will have stock
Also, the vacuum hose harness on the side of the eaton sc is discontinued from Ford. I bought the very last one in the US Ford network.

2001 Cobra Vert. #1439/3384 (Getting full race build)
Cobra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #579
agentorangeCH

Where do I have to install the intercooler pump? Didnt found a pic, where I have to install it.

@cobra drifter

I have alot of hoses, but I think I dont have the ps hard lines. I will take some pics today.

Another question. I want to install forged internals, so I found a set from Mustang Mod Racing 779$ Manley I-Beam Rods and pistons which should handle around 750HP. But I dont now, which dome volume the pistons should have?. Is -18cc ok?

Edit:

Here are some pics:

http://photobucket.com/eatonSwap

Pic 1: SC with injectors, fuel rail, intercooler
Pic 2: EGR with Tube. Where do I have to connect the other side of this tube?
Pic 3: Donno?
Pic 4: Intercooler hoses
Pic 5: Vacuum Hoses harness
Pic 6: Donno?
Pic 7: What are these hard lines in the middle? PS hard lines?
Pic 8: Other hard lines
Pic 9: more pics

Last edited by agentorangeCH; 07-08-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #580
SHAKN' 04

Goes behind bumper.on the passenger side.

-Full Exhaust (mac lts & xpipe, sss terminator c/b)
-Built Rear w/ 3.55 gears

[B]-Tuned by Lethal Performance of San Antonio
-510hp/478tq
SHAKN' 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #581
agentorangeCH

@Shakn04

Thanks for that pic.

Hey guys, could someone tell me, whats wrong with this offer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150850672559...ewItem&vxp=mtr

I added some pics at my last post.

Can I still use my steeda underdrive pulley? And how can I remove the EGR tube? So far I know is one side attached to the header at the drive side.

Last edited by agentorangeCH; 07-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #582
agentorangeCH

What is the best way to remove the EGR tube from the headers??
Old 07-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #583
SHAKN' 04

Quote:
What is the best way to remove the EGR tube from the headers??
if getting a inspection isnt hard or if they arent hard on emissions, id do an EGR delete. Do away with all that crap, cap off the manifold and egr port on the blower.

-510hp/478tq
Old 07-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #584
agentorangeCH

I have the 03 Cobra EGR with the tube, so I want to remove the 01 EGR with the tube. But it looks a bit difficult for me for remove the tube.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #585
SHAKN' 04

Quote:
I have the 03 Cobra EGR with the tube, so I want to remove the 01 EGR with the tube. But it looks a bit difficult for me for remove the tube.
It's gonna be difficult to do from the bottom of the car or top of the car without dropping the k member I believe. It can be done, just gonna take a bit of knuckle busting time.

-510hp/478tq
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #586
agentorangeCH

New question. It looks like, that the long screw for the oil cooler is missing. Can I use the 01 Cobra one or do I have to one from a Termie? Looks for me that 01Cobra screw would be to short.

I got the ECU also from the seller, should I install it or use my stock ECU?

Thanks

Last edited by agentorangeCH; 07-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #587
agentorangeCH

****, I think at will be hard to remove the EGR tube from the headers. When I let it away, will I have some problems with the emissions? Cause I have to go every 2 years to the local car inspection and they controll the emissons. They just do it with the ODB.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #588
agentorangeCH

Hi Guys

I have an urgend question. I removed so far the the intake manifold, waterpump, underdrive pulley, and much more. It runs pretty god at the moment.

The next step what I will do, is to grind off the knock sensor ports. But when I remove them, what should I do with the harness there?? This harness is connected with the engine harness behind the manifold intake, then it goes to the 2 knock sensors, go further to the one Injector and then it connected to another big harness, in the near of the AC compressor.

But when I use the 03 engine harness, I dont have this plug for the knock sensors. Can I leave the other plug around the ac compressor unpluged?

Next question. On the drive side my engine harness goes to all injectors and is connected to the alternator and the fuse box. Is this a separate cable on the 03 cobra?

I added 2 pics and marked it
Attached Thumbnails
knock-sensor-harness.jpg   alternator-fusebox.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #589
Flash88

your wiring question confused me, but i didnt swap out my factory ECU or wiring harness at all. and just unplug your knock sensors and throw'em somewhere.

only thing i did with my harness is extended the alt wires, and afew other small things, but it wasnt anything crazy.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #590
agentorangeCH

sry, it's a bit difficult to explain it. But the cable come from the engine harness behind the manifold intake, goes to the 2 knock sensors and then it goes further to the passenger side, where it will plugged into another cable.

I added 2 pics, there you see the cable which comes from the knock sensor and go down the area around the ac compressor.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-07-24 15.21.36.jpg   2012-07-24 15.21.44.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #591
Kove

Why don't you just leave the Mach 1 harness in there instead of swapping? There's really no advantages of using the Cobra harness aside from having both IAT and IAT2 sensors. Plus, it's much simpler to use the existing harness, just extend a few wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #592
machgsxr

Quote:
Hi Guys

I have an urgend question. I removed so far the the intake manifold, waterpump, underdrive pulley, and much more. It runs pretty god at the moment.

The next step what I will do, is to grind off the knock sensor ports. But when I remove them, what should I do with the harness there?? This harness is connected with the engine harness behind the manifold intake, then it goes to the 2 knock sensors, go further to the one Injector and then it connected to another big harness, in the near of the AC compressor.

RECONNECT YOUR HARNESS.

But when I use the 03 engine harness, I dont have this plug for the knock sensors. Can I leave the other plug around the ac compressor unpluged?

DONT USE THE COBRA HARNESS

Next question. On the drive side my engine harness goes to all injectors and is connected to the alternator and the fuse box. Is this a separate cable on the 03 cobra?

SEE COMMENT ABOVE

I added 2 pics and marked it

See notes above.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #593
machgsxr

Use the stock mach harness. Leave the knock sensor connectors in the valley of the block. Remove that thick plastic around that wiring loom and it makes it easier to flex the way you want it when it comes out by the front of the motor.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #594
agentorangeCH

Ok, then I dont remove the harness. Then I only have to extend the alternator wire or?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #595
Kove

Extend alternator wire and put the Cobra alternator plug on. Clip two of the wires off the MAF and extend them to the IAT2, then there another one that has to be extended if you don't do EGR delete. It's all in this thread within the first couple pages.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #596
machgsxr

Quote:
Ok, then I dont remove the harness. Then I only have to extend the alternator wire or?
Its all in the thread what needs to be done.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #597
agentorangeCH

Hi Guys

Thanks you for your help, I very appreciate that. I thought it would be easier to replace the engine harness, but when you all say I should better go with the stock, then I dont change it.

Yesterday I changed the timing cover and installed the pullies. I also installed the upper alternator bracket. Today was grinding day, I grind off everything what was needed. I also tried to install the S/C crank pulley, but I have some problems to bring it on the crank pulley. I now it counters clockwise for the install, but I cant turn it in. In the crank pulley is some rost, maybe thats the problem. Or is there a trick to install it?

Thanks,
Sascha
Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #598
Kove

Did you use a Cobra crank damper? If so just put the pulley on there straight then screw it in counter clockwise.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #599
agentorangeCH

@Kove

Yes, I use the stock damper. I dont know where the problems is, I put on the theard of the damper and I turn clockwise, but I cannot tighten it. Sometimes it seems that the pulley is in the theard, cause it doesnt spin anymore and when I turn it further, it fall out of the theard. It's a bit difficult to explain it for me.

What can I do? Do I have to press it very hard on the damper and turn it in? Whats the trick? should it be very easy to turn it into the theard? Maybe to theard of the balancer is too rosty.

Edit: Where can I get a "safe" tune that I can drive to the dyno shop? I actually bought from American Muscle this " Bama Tune Files for life" last year and I contacted them about a tune. But they cant help me, they cant send me a tune, for my new injectors. I'm very disappointed at the moment :-(

Last edited by agentorangeCH; 07-30-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #600
xXAzureMach1Xx
04 Mach 1

Spin it counter clockwise.