2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
vadermach

Wink F150 v Camaro SS (cornering) driver mod

So coming home from work today in my F150 eco boost and with the all important driver mod I easily out cornered a new camaro SS to the tune of about 5 car lengths on a single 360 degree turn on ramp. Man does the truck have some body roll. On the exit I let him catch up and he proceeded with a ricer pass for the win. Of course with a decent driver I'm sure the camaro would easily outperform the truck.

The eco boost has some potential with the turbos. In a lighter weight vehicle say the new mustang it could be quite the performer. It is very quiet though which I appreciate on long trips.

Its been raining here everyday so I'm having mach withdraw symptoms.
Suspension Mods: Steeda Strut Tower brace - Steeda Front swaybar - Bilstein HD struts/shocks - MM Caster/Camber plates - MM RLCAs - MM FLSFCs - MM PHB - MM front coil-overs - MM Torque Arm - MM Rear TA springs

Other: FRPP 4.10 gears - TA Diff cover - FR500 Cams - Accufab Throttle body - JBA midlength headers - Matching catted H-pipe - Borla stinger catback - 320rwhp/320tq
Fuel mileage: 25city/28hwy
vadermach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

Re: F150 v Camaro SS (cornering) driver mod

The ecoboost will definitely surprise some people without a doubt and with the right mods, it will perform pretty impressive. Mine is a 2012 F150 with a few bolt ons and Livernois stage 2 tune. On 93 octane this baby puts down some big numbers and runs high 12's all day long. I have surprised many people who have pulled up next to her and left them with a jaw dropping look on their face thinking to themselves, WTF??!!
No of course it isn't a rocket ship or no way near as fast as my Shelby, but it is fast enough to freak people out from light to light.

2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT500....lots of mods

2003 TR-Mach 1, 6 speed...too many mods to be slow, too much money spent to be fast! -SOLD but will forever be remembered!

"People say you can abuse marijuana. You can abuse cheeseburgers. Does that mean we should close Burger Kings." – Joe Rogan
SpeedofSoundN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Fenixfire
Its stock....No really!

I want one of the new explorer sports with this motor stuffed in it.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
vadermach

I was pretty surprised by the power of this engine. I drove the 5.0L and the eco and the eco had by far more power and torque. I went with an FX4 and love the quiet power along with the trucks pure functionality. If I want loud I jump in the mach for V8 rwd fun. With over 300 hp and 420 lbs/ft a tuned version for the next gen mustang might not be so bad, and is certain to be pretty quick if they can keep the weight down.
Suspension Mods: Steeda Strut Tower brace - Steeda Front swaybar - Bilstein HD struts/shocks - MM Caster/Camber plates - MM RLCAs - MM FLSFCs - MM PHB - MM front coil-overs - MM Torque Arm - MM Rear TA springs

Other: FRPP 4.10 gears - TA Diff cover - FR500 Cams - Accufab Throttle body - JBA midlength headers - Matching catted H-pipe - Borla stinger catback - 320rwhp/320tq
Fuel mileage: 25city/28hwy
vadermach is offline   Reply With Quote