2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 05-13-2019, 09:40 PM   #1
01TruBluGT

WTB - 99-01 Cobra front bumper cover

Been checking CL and Ebay for the last 2 months, as the title states I'm looking for a 99-01 Cobra front bumper cover. My AB needs a re-paint on the front and rear bumper covers so might as well change the look. If I cant track one down before too long I guess I'll just go with the 03-04 but would much prefer the 99-01.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:22 AM   #2
bristol16

Re: WTB - 99-01 Cobra front bumper cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT View Post
Been checking CL and Ebay for the last 2 months, as the title states I'm looking for a 99-01 Cobra front bumper cover. My AB needs a re-paint on the front and rear bumper covers so might as well change the look. If I cant track one down before too long I guess I'll just go with the 03-04 but would much prefer the 99-01.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-01-cobra...oAAOSwfi1cyhBd
bristol16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8190JR/2003...t-Bumper-Cover

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
01TruBluGT

I saw the Ebay one. I believe it is the same company that shows repaired OEM bumpers on their website as both they and the online seller show shipping through grayhound??

http://bumperworksonline.com/front-b...mper-1824.html

They show in stock, and for the price I would not be opposed to a properly repaired bumper, but I tried to contact them months ago and got no response. I contacted the Ebay seller to see if they would ship UPS if I made all the arrangements. I asked for the box size and weight so I could get a shipping cost and their response was "we can put it in a box". Makes me wonder how they would pack it for shipping if I let them ship through greyhound. If they cant communicate they must not want to sell so I'm probably better off not buying it from them.

03-04's aren't hard to find but I would much rather the 99-01.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol16 View Post
Lol, nope!
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
Lol, nope!
Personal experience or just the fact that it is fiberglass? I've heard decent things about the fiberglass ones over on SVT, well other than prep work needed, but they say fit and finish is pretty good. Not sure it was this specific one or another seller though.

Just a thought, what would happen if someone did have a 99-01 cobra and wrecked it enough to require a new front bumper? Would insurance consider it a total loss since they could not source a new bumper cover??
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #7
NEA

Quote:
Personal experience or just the fact that it is fiberglass? I've heard decent things about the fiberglass ones over on SVT, well other than prep work needed, but they say fit and finish is pretty good. Not sure it was this specific one or another seller though.

Just a thought, what would happen if someone did have a 99-01 cobra and wrecked it enough to require a new front bumper? Would insurance consider it a total loss since they could not source a new bumper cover??
Yes the insurance normally considers it a total loss when the front bumpers are destroyed beyond repair on 99-01 Cobras. Sometime owners get to save their Cobras if adjuster & owner come to an agreement with using a Mustang GT FORD OEM front bumper but that happens few & far in between as majority of owners just opt for that insurance check.
NEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:42 PM   #8
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEA View Post
Yes the insurance normally considers it a total loss when the front bumpers are destroyed beyond repair on 99-01 Cobras. Sometime owners get to save their Cobras if adjuster & owner come to an agreement with using a Mustang GT FORD OEM front bumper but that happens few & far in between as majority of owners just opt for that insurance check.
That's crazy. What I dont understand is how is it that you can find aftermarket body panels, bumpers, side skirts, hell just about anything for any year/bodystyle mustang. The exceptions are bullit side scoops, 03-04 Cobra Sideskirts, Bullet side skirts, and 99-01 Cobra front bumpers.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
NEA

Quote:
That's crazy. What I dont understand is how is it that you can find aftermarket body panels, bumpers, side skirts, hell just about anything for any year/bodystyle mustang. The exceptions are bullit side scoops, 03-04 Cobra Sideskirts, Bullet side skirts, and 99-01 Cobra front bumpers.
Yeah FORD keeps an eye on any of the items you mentioned above coming out aftermarket with good/similar quality to oem and doesn't hesitate to stop it asap. I will say to stay away from anything aftermarket as far as bumpers. No where near the Ford bumpers as far as fitment & durability.
If & when you need any of the mentioned parts above just let me know as I come across them often....FORD oem that is!
NEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 PM   #10
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEA View Post
If & when you need any of the mentioned parts above just let me know as I come across them often....FORD oem that is!
My Bullit side scoops showed up the other day, now I just have to paint them. If you come across 03-04 sideskirts or a 99-01 Cobra front cover please let me know.