2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay

Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay If you find something Mach 1 Related on eBay - Post it here!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Bruisbe

FRPP 90mm Lightning MAF on Amazon

So I found this on Amazon a couple days ago and bought it.

FRPP Lightning MAF

Currently it is going for $86 bucks. I ordered one and it came in the mail yesterday and was brand new in the Ford Racing Box. Going to put it on as soon as I get my new tune from BAMA.

If you are looking for a 90mm Lightning MAF, then I strongly encourage you to save some money and grab one up before they are gone.

Curtis
Bruisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
96gt02

Re: FRPP 90mm Lightning MAF on Amazon

Im curious to your results, especially with the bama tune. Ive never had luck with the lightning maf sensor itself, had a bunch of drive-ability issues for me at part throttle, i had better luck with the stock sensor in the 90mm housing and then tuning that way
JLT Next Gen CAI (fenderwell), VAP 5/8 Plenum Spacer, 10" Ported Short Runner Intake (Roy), Bassani Mid Length Headers, Bassani O/R X Pipe, Mac 3" Catback, March Fluid Dampener, Hydro-boost and WP Pulleys, FRPP Aluminum DS, Ported Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, 315/35/17's Tuned by Wicked Motorsports
96gt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:54 AM   #3
Swiss_Mach_1
Blue Thunder

Is this Plug & Play in our Mach1?

I think with the JLT Intake and a custom Tune ist a good choice if they fix without Hardware modifications.

Build in Dearborn at the 21. July 2003 as #8547 Mach 1 , One of 2250 Azure Blue
362 DIN PS, 478Nm, One of Seven Mach 1 in Switzerland
Hotcarpics.ch Visit my Facebook page for Pics from Cars!
Swiss_Mach_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #4
96gt02

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_mach_1 View Post
is this plug & play in our mach1?

I think with the jlt intake and a custom tune ist a good choice if they fix without hardware modifications.
no not plug n play, our cars have a 6 pin maf, lightning/cobra 90mm maf only have 4 pin and the other 2 pin go to an externally mounted iat sensor. Not a huge modification but does require splicing wires and drilling an iat sensor in place. imo youd be better of keeping the stock maf and putting it in the 90mm housing and get a custom dyno tune because your maf transer function will be screwed up
JLT Next Gen CAI (fenderwell), VAP 5/8 Plenum Spacer, 10" Ported Short Runner Intake (Roy), Bassani Mid Length Headers, Bassani O/R X Pipe, Mac 3" Catback, March Fluid Dampener, Hydro-boost and WP Pulleys, FRPP Aluminum DS, Ported Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, 315/35/17's Tuned by Wicked Motorsports
Old 04-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Swiss_Mach_1
Blue Thunder

Thanks for your answer.

So when i buy this, i put the cobra MAf out and the Mach1 MAF in this Housing? I hope this way is going. it a cheap way for the 90mm housing right?

Custom Tune is no Prob, i have here an Tuner for my Mach1

Old 04-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
96gt02

Quote:
thanks for your answer.

So when i buy this, i put the cobra maf out and the mach1 maf in this housing? I hope this way is going. It a cheap way for the 90mm housing right?

Custom tune is no prob, i have here an tuner for my mach1
thats the easiest way yes, but just warning you it will probably run like garbage and definitely give you a maf transer function cel very quickly until you have it dyno tuned, but honestly all this is not really worth any power, i wouldnt recommend doing it unless you had already planned on getting a custom dyno tune or else its a big waste of money
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
Swiss_Mach_1
Blue Thunder

My opinion is this in combination with the JLT intake and a bigger Throttle Body, so i think that gives my mach 1 a better run up of the rpms...

at the Moment i have installed FR500 Cams and a custom tune, 363HP is the result, but for me i think in the low rpm range, there ist somthing what a must Change, the same parts i have changed in my Focus and there is this was good, so i think for the mach1 its the same

Old 04-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
96gt02

Quote:
my opinion is this in combination with the jlt intake and a bigger throttle body, so i think that gives my mach 1 a better run up of the rpms...

At the moment i have installed fr500 cams and a custom tune, 363hp is the result, but for me i think in the low rpm range, there ist somthing what a must change, the same parts i have changed in my focus and there is this was good, so i think for the mach1 its the same
at most you might gain a few hp since you car is highly modified, so if your maxed out and looking for something else it certainly cant hurt, let us know the results. If you dont already have a ported or short runner intake I would look into that before the MAF.

P.s. Where did you get the fr500 cams? I thought they stopped producing them?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
Swiss_Mach_1
Blue Thunder

I buy this, search athrottelbody and then i will go on the dyno again for a tune, then i Report the result Thank you for the help!

The Cams are from a Friend here in Europe, she has changed here engine and so i have take this. first choice was 98 Cobra Cams, so thats the better way.
Custom Tune and Cams have gain 40HP on the stocke engine

Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #10
Bruisbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss_Mach_1 View Post
I buy this, search athrottelbody and then i will go on the dyno again for a tune, then i Report the result Thank you for the help!

The Cams are from a Friend here in Europe, she has changed here engine and so i have take this. first choice was 98 Cobra Cams, so thats the better way.
Custom Tune and Cams have gain 40HP on the stocke engine
I have been wanting to do CompCams for quite some time now, however $1100 for the cams and another 250-300 for the valve springs have been keeping me from being able to pull the trigger...
Bruisbe is offline   Reply With Quote