2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 06-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
jaredb909

Car Trouble could use some help..

Hi my name is jared. I am kinda new to these forums. i dont post alot usually just read all the good info.

Well here is my problem.

For the past couple weeks there has been a very low crackeling sound when i start my car. Just for a few seconds then it gos away. I knew somthing was wrong but i didnt think it was major and i was gonna wait a bit to take it to a shop.

Well then a couple days ago i drove to the store and when i came back out and tried to start my car it would not start. All the lights come on like normal. I checked the battery and it is good. Its almost like trying to start the car with the clutch not pushed in. Well i then paid to have it towed to the local ford dealer. It sat over nite and in the morning they called me and said it started right up for them and that they cant find anything wrong.

I really dont wanna drive it alot and have it break down on me again. Any help would be great.
Magnaflow magnapack catback. K&N Intake,Mac O/R Prochamber, Mac LT's,Accufab TB, SCT Tuner,MGW Short Shifter,Centerforce DFX Clutch,fidanza alum flywheel,Blistein Shocks & struts with maximum motor sports front + back coil over kit,Maximum motor sport Panhard bar,Steeda Bumpsteer kit,Steeda offset rack bushings,Maximum motor sports lower control arms,T56 with 26spline,Dynotech ALum Driveshaft,Maximum motor sports caster camber plates,PHP Intake Spacer,4.30 Gears, + Much more.
jaredb909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
typemgtst

Re: Car Trouble could use some help..

kinda sounds like my theft alarm problem. when you cranked the key with the clutch down did it act like it wanted to start? Look at the theft light, if it blinks rapidly when the ignition is turned to ACC then its the alarm. if its a steady glow then it will start right up. let me know. Mine did the same thing. Let me know if this is your problem because i have a few ways to fix it that ive found.
typemgtst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
jaredb909

It doesnt want to start at all even with the clutch in.

My manager was telling me that he thinks its the rev limiter. I guess he says if you hit that a couple times then turn ur car off it will kinda go in safemode and it wont start untell it resets itself hours later.
Magnaflow magnapack catback. K&N Intake,Mac O/R Prochamber, Mac LT's,Accufab TB, SCT Tuner,MGW Short Shifter,Centerforce DFX Clutch,fidanza alum flywheel,Blistein Shocks & struts with maximum motor sports front + back coil over kit,Maximum motor sport Panhard bar,Steeda Bumpsteer kit,Steeda offset rack bushings,Maximum motor sports lower control arms,T56 with 26spline,Dynotech ALum Driveshaft,Maximum motor sports caster camber plates,PHP Intake Spacer,4.30 Gears, + Much more.
jaredb909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
typemgtst

Did you check what I said? the Theft light? it may be a real easy fix. Ive never heard of the rev limiter shutting the car down
typemgtst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

I have ops checked the rev limiter on accident a couple of times and had no problems starting the car following this. Serriously doubt its the limiter!

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote