2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Insurance, Warranties and License Info

Insurance, Warranties and License Info Insurance, Warranties and License Info and Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
mach1337

Re: Which car insurance agency to go with?

i was with farmers from the time that i turned 16 till about a month ago or so. i just got married and i went from payin 330 a month for the mach as a dd with full coverage to now payin 125 a month for the mach same coverage. getting married will definatly drop you ins. not sayin you should go and get married to get cheaper ins. but just so you know made a huge difference for both of ours. farmers was really great for customer service and when i did have a accident they took care of everything. had to argue with them a lil bit but they paid it off.
mach1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Naa-V-Doc

I like the response of being married... Don't use that technique - The Big D cost a life time of - Pain, Heart-acke, and Wealth... JK about don't do it - but just giving the cost on the end product, all to often.

Me - 04 Mach, 07 Sante Fe (great SUV) full coverage, 99 Tarus Liability total yearly $1092.00...

There is some benefits being 50's, Youth has it's benefits and Liabilities!

Naa-V-Doc
Naa-V-Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
np_mach1

I have allstate and love them (a little biased since I work for them). Some things no one is talking about when comparing rates is the coverages and the deductibles. That can make a big impact on what you pay per 6 months. So when people tell you they pay 335 per 6 months that means nothing because you don't know enough information about their coverages to say if that is a good price.

One thing to make sure when buying insurance is you are given sufficient coverages in the event of a loss and deductibles you can afford to pay. Please don't just shop for price when you sacrifice customer service and repair service too. To give you an example I was hit by an insured, in an old beater of mine, who has a carrier that is not Allstate. I went through their claim process and they tried to nickle and dime me out of any little repair they could. It was the worst experience I have ever had.

If you guys have insurance questions you can let me know. I am licensed in VA, MD, and DC, but the general premise is the same in most states.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
Lonestar7

Cool Re: Which car insurance agency to go with?

I got a good deal from Liberty Mutual. When buying for insurance it pays to shop around and find a good company too!

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
PharmDMach1
Whipple Blown!

Im going with American Hobbyist, they've merged with there parent company, American Collectors Insurance. They only require that the vehicle be garage kept, and not a daily driver, miniumum 5 years driving experience. Several of my buddies have them and never had a complaint.