2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions

NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions NEW Owner's, Say HI and intro yourself here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
speeddemon0712

New 2004 Mach 1 Owner Here!

What's up guys! So I bought a 2004 Mach 1 last year, 1 owner car, 111k miles. Paid $9,300. Not sure how great of a deal that is, but it really is hard to find a 1 owner Mustang, with a book of receipts, for a good price. I know these 4.6's are pretty reliable and I have no concerns with reliability on this car.

Unfortunately I did have to replace the steering gear ($800 at Ford with alignment) and a/c ($800 after parts/labor) right after buying it. It already had H&R lowering springs and a Bassani catted x-pipe, so I just bought an SLP Loudmouth catback and 1.5" wheel spacers for the rear. After all that, it just got driven. Went a whole year, and then the TOB went bad, so I figured I'd do it right and go all out. Exedy Mach 400 clutch, Ford flywheel, Ford TOB, Ford pilot bearing, and a Maximum Motorsports clutch cable kit from LMR. I only have 400 miles on everything (keeping the shifts under 3k), but there's still a small chatter in the transmission area that goes away when the clutch is fully pressed. I took it to HPP Racing here in Lewisville, TX and they said that's just a mechanical noise and that I was fine. Ok cool!

I'm still saving, but my future plans are staggered 18" FR500 wheels, black with polished lip. 275's front, 295's rear, Mickey Thompson Street Comps. I'd like to lower it a bit more and do H&R Super Sport lowering springs (extra 1/2") with orange KONI shocks/struts, and caster camber plates. That's about it for now, I'm not big on power mods. As long as it looks and sounds good, I just like to cruise. What do y'all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d.jpg (113.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (191.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (199.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg a.jpg (203.3 KB, 35 views)
speeddemon0712 is offline   Reply With Quote