2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Exhaust System

Exhaust System Exhaust Q & A

Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #51
mach1metalhead

Re: Header install guide?

as one other person asked, does anyone know which headers will fit on autos?

also, i'm curious, what's the difference in flow between LTs and which ever (shorties or mids) are the same length as stock?

(i either want LTs or stock length as my exhaust is currently set up to take either, but i don't wanna buy more piping to make the other setup work)
JLT RAI - 1/2" Intake Spacer - Mac longtubes - Mac Prochamber - Borla cat-back - PA Racing k-member - Energy Suspension motor mounts - Eibach Sportline springs - Eibach anti-roll kit - SPC caster/camber kit - Steeda X2 ball-joints - Steeda strut tower bar - Eibach 1" wheel spacers (rear only)
mach1metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #52
ArcAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange whip 04 View Post
And just how often is some one going to drive at 6800 rpm, esp for the average joe blow street driver? Is it really really worth it? Can you justifie the time and money to adjust your driving to always drive at 6800 rpm? and that is if your engine will stay together all the time you take it that far all the time.
So what mods do you have? I dont see a problem with the person doing what he wants to his car. What makes you such an expert?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #53
Scott McClure
Mach1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
So what mods do you have? I dont see a problem with the person doing what he wants to his car. What makes you such an expert?
Your quoting someone from over four years ago. Get a clue.

2003 Mach 1 Whipple 2.3 718 rwhp 735 rwtq @25 psi SOLD
Scott McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #54
2001asp

I just finished installing my Kooks L/T headers and UPR K member kit. I have not had time to dyno her yet but I did feel a bunch more power already. My first dyno tune was 2 years ago with all the other mods in my sig minus the Headers and I put down 318.8RWHP and 335RWTQ with the knock sensors off....I can't wait for this new tune...
NEW DYNO TUNE NUMBERS TO COME AFTER THE NEW YEAR:rockon:JLT cai, Steeda udp, Kooks longtube headers and catted X-pipe , JBA 3inch Catback, MGW Orange Handle, Custom 2.5 inch SFC's, 03/04 Cobra Clutch kit, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Custom SCTxcal3 tune by Brent @ DTP, 4.10 gears w/rebuilt diff. w/1 xtra clutch pack. UPR K-member kit/A-arms/12-350 Coilovers, Koni Adjustable Sport Struts, MM CC Plates and UPR- Bumpsteer. bumpsteer. FOR SALE: MAGNAFLOW TRU CATTED X PIPE-$300+SHIPPING....
2001asp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #55
04Mach1FTW

Just figured id share my personal info from the header install on my car. I used AmericanMuscle.com for instructions, and was satisfied, but not impressed. You dont need to unbolt the AC pump as they said, and they wanted you to jack the motor from the oil pan, which works, untill you put a nice dent in it Their illistrations are not accurate for how high the car needs to be. I had mine with the front tires about 4 or 5 inches off the ground, NOT ENOUGH. Dropping the K member was a ***** because the car was so low, and it was hard to get it out with the steering rack hanging from the sway bar as they said to do it. Also, the oil dipstick in my case, would NOT come out. I eneded up using vice grips and a massive dent in the dip stick to get it out. And finally, the socket sizes were not all exact, I think I found 1-2 incorrect sizes, which could lead to stripped bolt heads. I ended up beeing cheap, I used the factory studs and nuts again, but one had to be shortened. I also used NEW stock Ford gaskets. Im glad it was a sorce though, and the illistrations right or wrong were very helpfull. Without several road blocks not due to the instructions, it took me on my own around 20 hours. Of course I needed a second hand on the K member drop and install. The biggest pain was one of the top passenger side header bolts.
Im glad I did it, it was not too hard, but time consuming. It sounds great and was well worth it.
-Is it bench racing if the car hasnt ran in a year?
04Mach1FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #56
jledesma
Book'em Danno!

Old thread but want to know if Kooks LT will fit with an auto trans Mach!
Or American Racing is choice B.
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
C&L intake system
4.10's
MM springs
Bilstein HD's
MM cc plates
SCT X3
Slotted/Drilled rotors
Hawk HPS pads.
AFS '03 Cobra replicas
18x9 & 18x10.5
Nitto Invo 275/35/18 & 295/35/18
Cobra folding mirrors & other Cobra exterior parts
AM smoked headlight & fogs.
HID 8k headlight and fogs

Future Mods: LT headers, MM flsfc, panhard, Torque converter, and more Cobra body parts .
jledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #57
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledesma View Post
Old thread but want to know if Kooks LT will fit with an auto trans Mach!
Or American Racing is choice B.
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...4_375_749_2576

here is some different set ups with kooks, i was looking threw there and it didn't have anything different from auto to 5 speed so i don't know for sure. might want to call them or kooks to ask. i'm sure someone on here will know for sure
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote