2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #951
shadowmaker

Re: Ask A Police Officer

This happened about 50 miles from me.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/288225
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #952
04VAMach1

There's bad apples in every profession. Do we ridicule the entire service industry for a few incidents of poor service? How about bad truck drivers when we hear about a crash involving a truck?

Or on the flip side, how about the police officers that I saw changing a tire on the side of the road while the motorist took car of her child? How about the waitress that goes out of her way to greet her customers with a smile, despite having been on her feet all day dealing with unappreciative customers? How about the truck driver that let you merge when nobody else would?

The bad examples always get more publicity than the good ones. Doing a job well simply doesn't make the newspaper.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #953
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsZ View Post
This was what, within a couple weeks time? I think it's rediculous. These posts. Murder, theft, stolen goods, drug charges (planting evidence).

I'd bet there are alot of guys in prison cheering right now that this cop got busted trying to plant drugs (everyone he's arrested/investigated will be getting released and probably suing the hell out of the city/state)
Two of the ones you linked are "former", not current. FYI.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #954
lightninwithin5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Energy View Post
Actually I believe you can protect property in VA....let me find the link
I believe you are thinking of Castle Doctrine, you cannot protect property from harm, only human life. However, anything he could use to harm your mach could also be use harm you...

Also, if he was to show intent and capacity to inflict serious harm to you (or anything that could be interpreted as such) then it is acceptable to inform him, in a manner not intended to further inflame the situation, that you are armed and capable of self defense.

While brandishing is illegal, scratching an itch or, yawning and stretching your arm are not. Of course you wouldn't want your weapon to show while you did either of those things...
lightninwithin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #955
lightninwithin5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Energy View Post
I strongly disagree....I might give a warning shot....But if my intent is to shoot him....I am shooting to kill....I am not going to be sued (and lose) by a guy who I crippled because he wanted come at me with a knife or (recent news) is beating a homeless guy to death w/ a bat.

I suggest trainning to fire two center of mass and one to the head. That is how I trained and that I how I will engage. I don't believe any US police departments fire warnig shots, or have in the last 40 years. Why should you?
lightninwithin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #956
JimsZ

Why is it that ALL COPS always ask the same question

"Do you know how fast you were going?" when they are the ones with the Calibrated laser/radar guns...

Had I known I was going as fast as he says, I wouldn't have stopped but kept it to the floor!
JimsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #957
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsZ View Post
Why is it that ALL COPS always ask the same question

"Do you know how fast you were going?" when they are the ones with the Calibrated laser/radar guns...

Had I known I was going as fast as he says, I wouldn't have stopped but kept it to the floor!
There's this thing called a speedometer in your car. Believe it or not, it tells you how fast you are going, and it sits in front of you where you can see it.

It's less of a question about your actual speed, and more of a question about your honesty.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 11-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #958
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreature View Post
It's less of a question about your actual speed, and more of a question about your honesty.
And if you are honest the cop creams you for that speed! So what do you say?
'03 Automatic. No silencer, K&N FIPK, 3450# race weight, drag radials, cat back, custom tune, alum. driveshaft, intake spacer, raised scoop, underdrive pulleys, larger subframe connectors, synthetic engine oil, removed front sway bar, battery to trunk, 2.06 60', 12.99 @ 107.4
WhiteautoMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #959
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

It's a loaded question. Just like when they ask if you mind if they can search your car. They're gonna search it no matter what you say. I've never gotten off on a speeding ticket. Whatever they radared me at is the ticket they gave me.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #960
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
It's a loaded question. Just like when they ask if you mind if they can search your car. They're gonna search it no matter what you say. I've never gotten off on a speeding ticket. Whatever they radared me at is the ticket they gave me.
Exactly. I've gotten out of some speeding tickets and had most lowered. I was real nice and friendly.
'03 Automatic. No silencer, K&N FIPK, 3450# race weight, drag radials, cat back, custom tune, alum. driveshaft, intake spacer, raised scoop, underdrive pulleys, larger subframe connectors, synthetic engine oil, removed front sway bar, battery to trunk, 2.06 60', 12.99 @ 107.4
Old 12-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #961
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteautoMach View Post
And if you are honest the cop creams you for that speed! So what do you say?
I am all about honesty. Typically a warning is in order for honesty about simple speeding.

You lie or deny, you hold paper or go to jail. Simple as that. Be an adult and man up to f-ups.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #962
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
I am all about honesty. Typically a warning is in order for honesty about simple speeding.

You lie or deny, you hold paper or go to jail. Simple as that. Be an adult and man up to f-ups.
But being honest can hurt you if the cop wants to. So what should citizens say to most cops when they are caught going 10-20 over?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #963
JPJNTX

Quote:

I'm a retired police officer. I agree with your philosophy. The more crap that got slung at me, the more I slung back, lol.
JPJNTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #964
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJNTX View Post
I'm a retired police officer. I agree with your philosophy. The more crap that got slung at me, the more I slung back, lol.
So I should just say I just got done raping that slow *** ricer and did 120 in a 50. Then what would you do?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #965
Mustanger2

Quote:
There's this thing called a speedometer in your car. Believe it or not, it tells you how fast you are going, and it sits in front of you where you can see it.

LOL...I always reply, " Why yes I know EXACTLY how fast I was going but the question is...do you?" if said with pleasant good humor it has helped once...chuckle.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #966
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
But being honest can hurt you if the cop wants to. So what should citizens say to most cops when they are caught going 10-20 over?
"ummm, my bad."

Quote:
So I should just say I just got done raping that slow *** ricer and did 120 in a 50. Then what would you do?
What would I do? At a minimum, cite you. 2+ times the limit is non-negotiable. It would be an easy and justified arrest for 120 in a 50.

You have the right to not self incriminate. Law Enforcement has the ability to exercise discretion.

When I was young in my career, I rarely asked. I simply did the job. Now, I ask more and allow the maturity level of the person dictate the outcome.

Own your actions. Your choice.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #967
openb

Hi guys, I'm new here, but been a cop for 20 years now. I rarely ask if they know how fast they were going, I tell them. I also tell them on first contact whether they are getting the skin or a warning. I ask if they have been cited in the last 12 months. If they answer "no", I'll tell them they will get a warning if their driving record confirms it, if they lied, they get the ticket.
openb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #968
Machy uno

It may have been asked (maybe even by me, but my memory has left me at the moment and 36 pages is a long place to search)..... but....

Why are there not more police officers ticketing bad drivers rather than just speeding drivers?

I can't even count the number of times I've literally seen watched a cop ignore someone driving in the left lane (illegal in most states, passing only), ignore someone who runs a red (sneaking in past the yellow), or ignore dangerous slamming on the brakes because they missed their turn just to name a few.

Just yesterday I was driving down a three lane each way road and a cop came flying by in the left hand lane with no one paying attention. The cop got up on someones bumper with the person not even realizing it. You could tell when they did becuase they simply slammed on their brakes rather then get out of the way, in the left hand lane!

I just get so frustrated as police officers, around here at least, don't seem to be concerned with protecting the driving public. No cops around here ever seem to really try to inforce ALL the laws, just the one that says you have to go no faster then a certain speed.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #969
newedge32v

I will answer questions sooner or later when I get through the LAPD academy..I'm debating on transferring over to CSULA and receiving a batchlors degree in Criminal Justice or just going straight into the academy with a associates degree in Administration of Justice.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #970
robbybradfield

New guy here, and have been protecting and serving the public for 4 years now. I’ll try to help out where I can.

Machy uno – In my experience it has been the “speeders” who are the aggressive drivers.

As for your next question, In Pa the Police are allowed to run registration plates of any vehicle. So while I am at a traffic light I typically run the registration plates of the vehicles around me, Listening to the radio, and if I happen to look up and see a vehicle run the light I have to determine if I can safely negotiate traffic, and if in fact a violation has occurred. PA vehicle code section 3112a3i is the red light section, in short it must be a steady RED indicator for it to be a violation. The cars that get in the intersection on a yellow and turns red is technically not a violation of that section. It is however a yellow light violation. I believe section 3112a2, a vehicle must yield to the yellow indicator, so the vehicles flying through the intersection at 50mph is probably a violation of this section. It may not be that the officer is not concerned about the safety of the public but the issuance of the ticket is only a small part of the criminal justice system. For example I witnessed a violation of the yellow light section, I felt the vehicle did not yield to the yellow light as it came through the intersection with enough speed that I observed it lift off the roadway after bottoming out on the road curvature. I issued a citation. This person plead not guilty, and took a hearing. I testified to what I observed, the judge recognized that I was performing my duty as I saw fit but felt that the defendant learned their lesson and dismissed the citation. A week later a person was severely injured at that intersection when a vehicle attempting to beat the yellow light struck them as they were in the cross walk. So you see how discouraging it can be? Some Officers may feel that since the judge doesn’t enforce the laws why should the police and only issue citations that the judge will convict.

The truth is in most cases an Officer can find a reason to stop and issue multiple citations to any vehicle on the road, There are thousands of vehicle code violations and Police in Pa have the ability to issue citations for inspection violations, but enforcing EVERY violation that is on the books is rarely an effective way to control traffic, plus can you image all the complaints?

Sorry for the rant hope this answers your questions!
robbybradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #971
kopacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbybradfield View Post
As for your next question, In Pa the Police are allowed to run registration plates of any vehicle. So while I am at a traffic light I typically run the registration plates of the vehicles around me, Listening to the radio, and if I happen to look up and see a vehicle run the light I have to determine if I can safely negotiate traffic, and if in fact a violation has occurred. PA vehicle code section 3112a3i is the red light section, in short it must be a steady RED indicator for it to be a violation.
The Supreme Court ruled long ago that we can run any tag we can see on any roadway and public areas (like malls, gas stations, etc) and that there is no expectation of privacy and that running a plate and checking the registered owner is not violation of anyone's 4th amendment rights.

2004 Competition Orange Mach1, 5-Speed
Dyno: 299 RWHP | 322 RWTQ (SAE)

BUILD DATE: 03/16/2004
PURCHASED: 05/20/2004
VIN: 1FAFP42RX4F210686
----------------------------------------
Speed of Sound Gauge Pod w/ VDO Gauges
Steed 3-point Front Strut Tower Brace
Steed Rear Shock Tower Brace (Welded)
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe + Steeda Cat-Back
SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
kopacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #972
THEE HAMMER

Any NCSHP here?

Going through the application process now and would love any tips other than the obvious.

Thanks for your service guys!
THEE HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #973
oxfordwhite04

Just finished my first week at the police academy this past Friday. Our first test is Monday, tomorrow. I've been studying every night and all weekend but there are just so many things to remember! All the codes, felonies, misdemeanors, sections, subsections, etc. We are not required to remember specifics like 16-6-6 paragraph (b) section 1, but we do need to know what it consists of and whether it is a felony or misdemeanor, ages and some other things.

Officers... How do you remember all of it?!
Any tips for me?
oxfordwhite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #974
MyFastMach

Lol I find this very educational seeing as I'm pursuing a career in law enforcement lol.
MyFastMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #975
Rice_slayer

My moral with driving a mustang that has some mods border lining the rules of the road (my car is modded to comply with the rules set within my province though) is simply this: Drive like a civil human being and the cops won't give a crap about you. I have been driving loud, done up mustangs since I was 15 and I'm now 20.

I had 1 ticket when I was 15 and learning how to drive cause the cop was being an a**hole to me until my dad said something. I still had my learners permit and still learning how to drive standard, but I stalled my car at a light, revved it up to make sure it didn't happen again and chirped the tires on my yellow 94 GT. Cop came after me and said I was "trying to race this other convertible" that I didn't see of any where and said I was "changing lanes erradically" when I literally turned out of a parking lot, into 1 lane and stayed there. My dad bitched him out and said to stop picking on the young kid because he has a sports car. Got a $140 ticket for stunting and that was it. Guy was on a power trip that day,

I have not had 1 ticket since, and my mach 1 has longtubes, o/r x pipe and borla stingers which most know is effing loud. My old 94 GT had a trickflow HCI on it with an o/r H and magnaflow mufflers, so it idled like something out of the 60s/70s. Never had ANY issues with noise complaints or anything since...
Procharger P1SC, Cobra fuel pumps, Centerforce DF, 39# injectors,Slot style MAF,BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R x, Borla stingers, MM rear LCAs, Tokico Illuminas,J&M rear uppers, MM FLSFC, 4.10 gears, Moser 31 splines, Detriot Truetrac. 410rwhp, 383rwtq on only 6psi.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote