2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 01-31-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Tommy Z

New Suspension - New Vibes

Hey guys,

I've been very slowly fixing my car from clipping a curb nearly two years ago. Long story short, I took a turn barely too wide and both right side wheels hit a corner of a curb. Both wheels, the rack and pinion, the right rear brake caliper, the right rear rotor, the right side axle, and the upper control arm bushings were all destroyed (zero body damage). Every item on that list had been replaced with new except the upper control arms and the only issue was that the rear end was slightly offset to the left underneath the car.

I've been having a tiny hint of a vibration which I thought I had narrowed down to my driveshaft bolts backing out. Tightened those up and the vibes went away. Fast forward to a few days ago.... I install new OE uppers and OE axle end bushings and sure enough, the rear end is slightly closer to being centered under the car. However, there is a vibration that seems to be similar to the one I was having above 50 mph only way more amplified. It isn't a violent vibration by any means but it's definitely there and can be felt though out the car as a whole.

So...My plan was to order a panhard bar a few days ago to completely finish repairing/upgrading the rear end. But obviously there is something I have overlooked. Can y'all shed some light on which things need a second look? All of the sudden an IRS swap sounds like a good idea haha.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1
★ Rebuilt 3650 & MGW
★ Spec 2 & Fidanza flywheel
★ H&R Super Sports & Maximum Motorsports struts/shocks
★ Maximum Motorsports rear lowers, MM panhard, MM caster camber plates
★ Mosers + ARPs
★ Brembo slotted rotors, braided lines
★ Catless X and SLP LM2s
★ 18X9/10.5 - Toyo R888R
Tommy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
03Shadow Grey

Re: New Suspension - New Vibes

I'm guessing after all the parts replacement you took it into the dealer for an 4 wheel alignment ?
03Shadow Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #3
Tommy Z

New Suspension - New Vibes

Negative. Of course it needs one, but I was planning on waiting till the panhard bar was in. All four wheels are balanced and true, too.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1
★ Rebuilt 3650 & MGW
★ Spec 2 & Fidanza flywheel
★ H&R Super Sports & Maximum Motorsports struts/shocks
★ Maximum Motorsports rear lowers, MM panhard, MM caster camber plates
★ Mosers + ARPs
★ Brembo slotted rotors, braided lines
★ Catless X and SLP LM2s
★ 18X9/10.5 - Toyo R888R
Tommy Z is offline   Reply With Quote