2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Machy uno

Interested in K-member write-up?

I just started my k-member install and will say that I'm not to impressed with the MM write-up that came with the kit. They have steps, but the pictures and explanations leave a bit to be desired. For a company that charges what they do, I expected a bit more. Just for kicks I did a fast search and didn't come up with anything that was stellar in my opinion. Anyone else know of one I wasn't able to find?

The reason I ask is simple enough. If theres interest I may spend the time to do a good write up as I go through the process. If there's no interest (or a great one out there I missed) then I won't bother as it'll take a decent amount of time. So far I have the front drivers side torn apart. Along the way I taken a pic of almost every bolt that I've removed, along with detailed notes recording the size of each of those bolts. I wouldn't consider myself an expert, so maybe the write up could give some the confidence to do the install themselves. Thoughts?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
jpilone
Uncertified Gynocologist

Re: Interested in K-member write-up?

You should do it! I'm going to swap K members on my car later this year
jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Your "fast search" evidently didn't include the Maximum Motorsports website. There is some information carefully hidden there, granted it is in the last place you would expect it, a section entitled "Installation Instructions".......There you will find sixteen pages of strange things, such as color photos and other useless trivia.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/co.../MMKM-2r11.pdf
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
Your "fast search" evidently didn't include the Maximum Motorsports website. There is some information carefully hidden there, granted it is in the last place you would expect it, a section entitled "Installation Instructions".......There you will find sixteen pages of strange things, such as color photos and other useless trivia.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/co.../MMKM-2r11.pdf
Did you even read my comment before making your post? I specifically said...

"I'm not to impressed with the MM write-up that came with the kit. They have steps, but the pictures and explanations leave a bit to be desired."

I have a printed version of the link you sent me. I'm as dissapointed in that link as I am in the paper copy I have. Thats what I'm roughly going by. Professionally, I'm a design engineer myself. I design, build, and write procedures for many mechanical systems so I have no issue following along with the instructions if properly written. However, some of the way MM describes things can be fuzzy, and there's not nearly enough pictures in my opinion (even though it's obvious they used at least two different installs for their pictures). If I have an issue understanding them, then surely someone else potentially could. My question was whether someone less advanced would enjoy a more complete version that included pictures of all steps along with nut sizes for each step. There's pictures for around 35% of the MM steps, and they don't list any bolt sizes. I got my k-member kit at a discounted rate from a member here, but even so, with the price MM charges I still expect a more complete example of instructions. My last lego kit I bought as a kid had better instructions and pictures. If you have installed a k-member and used those instructions, I applaud you for not having a single question, and not wanting even 1 better picture. For someone who hasn't done something this advanced I was hoping to show that it's not as complicated as it may seem.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
LXS

I say do it! Who else better to do a write up then a designer engineer?!

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Flec

Same here, I would like to see a better K-member guide. That way I don't spend 2 hours ripping out my hair because I got lost somewhere along the way!
Flec is offline   Reply With Quote