2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Mach 1 Specific Event(s)

Mach 1 Specific Event(s) Specific Registry/Mach 1 Events

Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #276
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Re: 50th Anv. Mustang Show @ Charlotte Apr 16-20, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Very nice John, why didn't you wave.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #277
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Because in that photo we were going 30mph on a high banked oval and doing everything possible to keep the car on the track. The next lap was much faster, and much smoother, and I could have waived then...no telling how many fingers, though...
I you notice the guy in the car next to me, you'll notice his head at what appears to be an odd angle. We were all like that, at low speed you have to be. Very weird.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #278
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Sunday parade laps?
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #279
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Yep.

Since we haven't gotten a page on the photo gallery, I posted up some of my photos to my Flickr account. I'll continue to add to it as time allows for those that are interested...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/falcongtho3/

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #280
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Yep.

Since we haven't gotten a page on the photo gallery, I posted up some of my photos to my Flickr account. I'll continue to add to it as time allows for those that are interested...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/falcongtho3/

Thanks, man! Cool!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #281
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Another shot of me on track, or actually coming off track. Note that this thing was loaded with luggage...and it shows!
http://photosportsusa.com/Photos.aspx?moid=185533

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #282
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Another shot of me on track, or actually coming off track. Note that this thing was loaded with luggage...and it shows!
http://photosportsusa.com/Photos.aspx?moid=185533

It's still in the car, so there's that - haha!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #283
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"

After waiting over a week after the event I still feel compelled to make my feelings known.

I was VERY disappointed in the 50th birthday celebration. The MCA and Ford Motor Company dropped the ball, Big Time! Yes, the weather played a very negative part but the 4+ hour wait to pickup credentials, the endless "now you have to get in that line", the missed registrations and passes in my packet and general disorganization is inexcusable. I had a uneasy feeling when I had to register thru Motosho and the feeling never went away. Someone needs to place a call to Carlisle Productions before the next anniversary meet, they know how to get it done!

On a positive note the Motorsports Committee, Carolina Regional Mustang Club did a AWESOME job with the Open Track Event. They were very organized and communicated very well through out the last 6 months. They even corrected some bogus info from the MCA. I had a absolute BLAST on Thursday April 17th! I used every min. of my Six 20 min. sessions on the track. I was fortunate to be in the right spot at the right time and was able to follow Scott Hoag in his MRT TKO race car at speeds up to, and maybe a little over, 135+ mph on my second 20 min. session. We could have gone faster but the traffic limits the speed. Without the open track day and the awesome house we rented the 50th would have been a bust! I will also give cudo's to the organizers of the World Record Cruise as it was well planned and succeeded even with the constant rain.

I'll also mention that the people in the Charlotte area are awesome. I had a issue with a split in the silicone elbow on my Procharger. I asked a local guy in his Dodge Daytona, for some help and was directed to two race shops. One guy had the part on a used intake. "Tex" took it off to said $20 and sent me on my way. It seems like every other building has a bunch of race cars in it !

I have hesitated to speak my peace online but with all of the technology we have today the process the MCA used was archaic. I guess I was looking for two 10's and all they had was .50

End of rant, Bring on The Carlisle All Ford Nationals!
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #284
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
After waiting over a week after the event I still feel compelled to make my feelings known.

I was VERY disappointed in the 50th birthday celebration. The MCA and Ford Motor Company dropped the ball, Big Time!
I wouldn't pin anything on Ford, as they were there in a support fashion and not the organizers. I have heard similar feedback from other attendees on the logistics. Sorry you had a bummer experience.

Quote:
On a positive note the Motorsports Committee, Carolina Regional Mustang Club did a AWESOME job with the Open Track Event. They were very organized and communicated very well through out the last 6 months. They even corrected some bogus info from the MCA. I had a absolute BLAST on Thursday April 17th! I used every min. of my Six 20 min. sessions on the track. I was fortunate to be in the right spot at the right time and was able to follow Scott Hoag in his MRT TKO race car at speeds up to, and maybe a little over, 135+ mph on my second 20 min. session. We could have gone faster but the traffic limits the speed. Without the open track day and the awesome house we rented the 50th would have been a bust! I will also give cudo's to the organizers of the World Record Cruise as it was well planned and succeeded even with the constant rain.
Glad those experiences offset the not-as-great experiences.

Quote:
I have hesitated to speak my peace online but with all of the technology we have today the process the MCA used was archaic. I guess I was looking for two 10's and all they had was .50
I had also heard that the volunteers at the event were trying their best, but perhaps they were hamstrung by the processes and the amount of people.

I suppose at this point you can say you were there on the actual 50th anniversary. I spent all day posting Facebook stories instead - hahaha!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #285
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
............... but the 4+ hour wait to pickup credentials, the endless "now you have to get in that line", the missed registrations and passes in my packet and general disorganization is inexcusable. ..........

................. Bring on The Carlisle All Ford Nationals! ................
Wow! I didn't sign up for any of the track portions so maybe I missed the loooog line. I pulled into the host hotel and registration parking lot at 4 pm on Wednesday, walked right over to the line that corresponded with the first letter of my last name, picked up my packet, then went and got my great goodie bag and was pulling out of the parking lot by 4:15 pm.

I had a great time and saw a lot of folks but missed even more. One of my many jobs now days in my retirement is "free-lance " photographer with big emphasis on the "free" (LOL). I was busy taking pictures of my local buddy from Charleston, Courtney Barber and the Team Mustang Girls. She was doing daily articles for StangTV.com and Roadtrippers.com and using the pictures I took. What a tough job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully there will be a article in Hot Rod Magazine coming up in a near future issue too using more pictures I took.

I got to see my old 1970 W-code 428 SCJ convertible Mustang in it's restored like new condition. Last time I saw it was 1977 and it was very difficult not hopping in it and doing one more smoky burnout in the parking lot (LOL).

I had fun but it was definitely different from the Carlisle Adventure. Looking forward to seeing all the regulars there and any new faces who can make it.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #286
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

In looking at various forums, there are a lot of differing opinions on the Chalrotte event, but the Vegas event has so many negative comments it's like a first time show promoter. If you go on the MCA website, ypu'll see many of them.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #287
shadowmaker

Im not one to complain. I have a stressful job and the Mach and any events I attend are for me to have fun. Weather, people, etc rarely upset me at my car events. Im there to have fun, I dont answer calls from work, it is MY time, it is time I spend with my wife, not works and no stress. Now having said that....

I had a bad feeling from the beginning. Charlotte isnt far from where I live, Im there several times a year.

The world record is one of the biggest things I wanted to do. No where on the registration did it mention a 'limit', until it was closed. I was told the police limited it. Which is fine but they stated you could register up until the time they left.

I still didnt know what was going to happen there over 4 days. I still dont know what happened over 4 days.

Getting my packet was hassle free. 10 mins and I was gone. I was happy too, I got a really cool bag that I wasnt expecting.

When I got to the track is when I got frustrated. WTH do I go? I pulled up and told this very nice young sexy lady, 'Im lost.' She smiled, flirted some and told me to follow the road around until I got to gate 26. I know she really wanted to ride the Mach with this ole middle aged guy. But Im happily married so that was a no go.

So I follow around until the road ends, no signs, no gate #s, and a nice older couple of volunteers helps me along.

Still good at this point, annoyed about the 'no sign' thing but no big deal.

Get to gate 26, this guy yells at me from like 30 feet away, "TURN IT AROUND YOU CANT GO THIS WAY!" WTF I refused to move. He walks up to the car and goes, "YOU CANT GO THIS WAY" I yell back, "I WAS TOLD GO TO GATE 26, WHICH IS RIGHT THERE". I guess he realized I could be just as big a dickhead as him, so he said, you have to go back out, turn left, turn left, your next left.

Get to the next left, guy stops me, 'You cant go this way.' *sigh* I ask him, 'Does anyone know where Im suppose to go, I was told to go right here.' He directs me to the next left to get my pass punched. And being a smart *** said, "have a nice day". Grrrr, up yours buddy.

Finally get to the guy to punch my pass, super nice guy, calmed me down after I vented a little, and then yelled at some dude in a Shelby who almost run my car and him over. Which is a factor in what happens next.....

I see gate 26 in my sights, wooooo hooo home free..... Im running a long at a decent pace, watching people and cars so I dont hit anyone and then......guy who is motioning us in does a 'hurry up' with his hands and tells me to "MOVE ALONG". I looked at him and told him, "you direct traffic and let me drive MY CAR."

My wife is laughing at me, I m in need of a drink, and I dont drink. I kept saying 'Unfriggin organized'.

When they parked us, they pulled us straight forward and then pulled a car right in behind us. Why they didnt back the cars behind me, I still havent figured out. Never seen cars at a car show parked this way. It was a tight fit and I mentioned it to the guy. He was nice and said I could move once they got the row finished if I liked. I was parked next to a mint 65 and a Shelby so I figured I wasnt going to get any dings.

Get in, parked, settled.....Now what? No one knew what to do. I ask about presentation and schedules of thing, no one knew.

I paid in my opinion a lot of money for a car event. I felt like I was at an event run by people who had never run an event. I dont blame the volunteers, they probably were told as much as I was. Except for the couple of jack legs who should not quit their day job to run car show events.

I guess after Carlisle last year and how smooth everything went, I just got spoiled.

At the end of the day, I still had fun, Im glad I got to go, and have no regrets....but if they put on another one next year, Im going to skip it. lol
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #288
iamkevin7

It was Ok but you were right about the cars being parked too tight. The guy in the lot wanted me to park mine close to the next one and when we parked my wife opened her door so we didn't get wedged in.I have this argument every time I park at a gravel lot. Not all mustang owners are smart and by looking at the parking lot a lot of the not too smart ones were parked in that lot. I think 10$ to park in a coarse gravel lot was outrageously expensive and to me the 20$ admission fee was 10$ too much. Good show with a lot of nice cars and some beaters with heaters. I know how CMS is run and it is all about the almighty $. Look how much a nascrap race costs now and look how empty the stands are nowadays. I did get a free LMR shirt for giving my spam email addy out so it turned out pretty even financially. I wish I could go to PA but it's too far and cuts into family vacation time.Whoever the 3 guys from TN with the 3 M1's wwere I have to say they looked pretty badazz
iamkevin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #289
not a gt

I wish I could go to PA but it's too far
That means I should see you in Savannah GA Oct 9-12

http://mustangsinhistoricsavannah.com/page1
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #290
iamkevin7

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
I wish I could go to PA but it's too far
That means I should see you in Savannah GA Oct 9-12

http://mustangsinhistoricsavannah.com/page1

Oreally? The wifey likes road trips and Savannah is a great place. We just might toodle down there and check it out. It would be nice to meet you and the rest of all'yall
iamkevin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #291
mach18604

From the looks of the site they had.. and once I emailed them asking about bringing a stroller on the show grounds.. all I got in responce was:

Its up to you..

haha ok thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #292
SonicBoomva
Sonic Boom

Yes there were some bumps along the road (literally and physically) with the 50th anniversary show but we have chaired car shows before and know what is involved. Our car shows might amount to a couple hundred cars at the most so I can't imagine what needs to be done for a car show for thousands. Yes there were things we weren't happy about but knowing what planning needs to be done for a car show we will not hold anyone responsible. We believe they did the best they could with the number of cars and people involved. Even despite the rain we were at the show every day through Sunday. Saturday we even went go-kart racing at a local track "Go Pro Motorplex" and had the best time ever on the wet track. Our hats off to the people who volunteered as we are sure it wasn't an easy job getting yelled at constantly! It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. See you all at Carlisle.
SonicBoomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #293
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoomva View Post
Yes there were some bumps along the road (literally and physically) with the 50th anniversary show but we have chaired car shows before and know what is involved. Our car shows might amount to a couple hundred cars at the most so I can't imagine what needs to be done for a car show for thousands. Yes there were things we weren't happy about but knowing what planning needs to be done for a car show we will not hold anyone responsible. We believe they did the best they could with the number of cars and people involved. Even despite the rain we were at the show every day through Sunday. Saturday we even went go-kart racing at a local track "Go Pro Motorplex" and had the best time ever on the wet track. Our hats off to the people who volunteered as we are sure it wasn't an easy job getting yelled at constantly! It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. See you all at Carlisle.
Well said!
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #294
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Well said!
I give that a big second.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #295
des50
o4 ab

Thumbs up Re: 50th Anv. Mustang Show @ Charlotte Apr 16-20, 2014

very well said , besides all the negative the positives are many , the tour of daniel carpenters shop , the track . the cruise , the 2015 mustangs and all the mustangs and owners . I had a great time and it was worth the three day drive to get there . Des: thumbsup:
des50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #296
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoomva View Post
I may agree with that if it were a nickel and dime car show. But it wasnt, it was major event. People paid good money, expensive in the terms of car events for it to be so unorganized. They knew about this way in advance. CMS puts on at least 4 HUGE car show events every year. 100,000-150,000 people come to the autofair twice a year. They could have ask for help.

They didnt lose any money, instead of volunteers, maybe they should have paid for some help. Well actually, they probably did lose money bc lots of people didnt sign up bc they didnt know 'what' was going to happen. There is a big mustang crowd in my area and they go to lots of events at CMS. I heard several people say "what am I getting for $150?". I know exactly what is going to happen at Carlisle or the Autofair at CMS.

Dont get me wrong, I had fun and I wasnt at work. It was just too unorganized. Not upset at the volunteers. Except for the 3 rude ones. I didnt know they were volunteers at the time.

From the amount of complaints I have heard people are making, some must have the same feelings. I m not mad, I cant get my money back, so why worry over it. I havent contacted them bc I know its pointless. I just wont go to another event they host. Live and learn.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #297
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"

What shadowmaker said!
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #298
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I never did get around posting my photo of the one thing that really made a big impression on me...not sure I want one, don't think that I could afford what it might take to actually run the thing!?!

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #299
Mach1 EH
original owner

Overall, I am disappointed with the show.
In comparison to the 40th & 45th this was my least favorite event and it cost the most.
None the less made a good effort to have fun and had more fun driving to the show field or after leaving the show. (not going to mention how we got 'turned around one night' trying to walk back to our hotel. Locals are very nice, he was as impaired but did guide us in the right direction back). Meeting up with M1R members and other friends was enjoyable too.

I joined the MCA in 2003 after buying my Mach 1, but I am seriously considering not renewing my membership this year and will probably not make the effort on getting to the MCA 55th show.
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #300
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 EH View Post
I joined the MCA in 2003 after buying my Mach 1, but I am seriously considering not renewing my membership this year and will probably not make the effort on getting to the MCA 55th show.
Gonna head to Carlisle next year?