2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 10-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Mach1Junkie

D1sc kit w/ the small recirculate bypass valve

I have a d1sc setup with the small recirculate bypass valve (12-13psi)I was told it had to be that way for smooth tuning but that was when they thought they were going to use my stock MAF. I now have a BA3000 and I really want to be able to hear my blower (I know it sounds dumb but I love that sound and if im spending the money on a blower I wanna hear it). I have huge injectors and the 1000hp lethal performance fuel kit w/divisionx and aeromotive components. Its all tuned by my factory ecu being reflashed and a SCT xcal3. Would all that be too hard to control with an open air setup?Are their any real benefits to the reciculate/downfalls with an open air setup? I was told I could even convert my small closed bypass by putting a small K&N on the end and that would give me the sound i'm looking for. I wanna hear the blower but I dont wanna do it at the expense of reliability or screwing up my tune as it took a VERY long time for the tuner to get the car all straightened out and running strong.

Is anybody running a similar setup with an open valve? Is it something I can install myself without tuning (my guy is far away and i'm a novice I can figure out a CAI and simple stuff like that )
Mach1Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: D1sc kit w/ the small recirculate bypass valve

you are running the MAF in the procharger recommended place - its on that bend coming off the the intercooler right?

as long as the maf isnt before the blower whoever you told that was a moron. As long you vent the air BEFORE its gone through the MAF it absolutely does not matter if you vent it to atmosphere or recirculate it.

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
a_bishop07

Re: D1sc kit w/ the small recirculate bypass valve

I run mine open and have it blowing into the passenger side fender. Makes it pretty loud in the car for good effect when takin ppl for rides!