2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Body, Chassis & Interior

Body, Chassis & Interior Body, Chassis and Interior mods/discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
03torchredmach1

Highways Affect on your paint..

Hello,

First of all, I am new to the Mach1 forum and it is great to be amongst a strong membership with alot of knowledge. My question is based on the affect of gravel, debris and whatever happens to fall off of someone else's car, on the cars original paint. With chips in the paint from gravel and pebbles on the road does repainting the hood professionally with quality paint, and replacing the striping that was damaged by the rocks change the value of a car, or the authenticity and original stock automobile? I am just too much of a perfectionist that I need to ask the question..

Thanks for your responses.
03torchredmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
mad_max_86
DSG Mach Won

Re: Highways Affect on your paint..

So your question is can repainting a section of your mach 1 change the value over time? I think that it would change it for the good. Keeping the paint in pristine condition is always a plus in my opinion. I would much rather know that someone took the time to have a shop return their car to original status than to have a car with a beat-up front bumper. BTW welcome to the registry. Enjoy
C&L CAI
3/8ths spacer
SCT 3
Custom Tune by Chris @ Wichita Dyno
318/333
NGK TR55IX's
MGW Short Throw shifter
Custom Headrest's by Gene
Various MGW interior and underhood accents
Objects in Mirror are Losing
mad_max_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
one mach 1
Pro-gun Conservative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03torchredmach1 View Post
Hello,

First of all, I am new to the Mach1 forum and it is great to be amongst a strong membership with alot of knowledge. My question is based on the affect of gravel, debris and whatever happens to fall off of someone else's car, on the cars original paint. With chips in the paint from gravel and pebbles on the road does repainting the hood professionally with quality paint, and replacing the striping that was damaged by the rocks change the value of a car, or the authenticity and original stock automobile? I am just too much of a perfectionist that I need to ask the question..

Thanks for your responses.
Welcome to our family, the best mustang site on the web. Mine was repainted under factory warranty because the paint was bubbling up and chipping. The repaint came out beautiful, and seems to be 1000 times more durable than stock. I am sure it improved the value. Don't get too anal or you will miss the boat of enjoyment.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I am very much in favor of a car being as original as possible, but my car had the front bumper and hood refinished and I couldn't be happier. The paint had numerous chips from rocks and bugs and this has been an ongoing issue, especially with '03s.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
03torchredmach1

You guys are awesome!! First of all, thanks for responding so quickly but also giving me the "chill" advice and do what I need to do to keep the car as original as possible. I will go ahead and get the hood repainted to factory including replacing the stripe. This will make me feel much better.

Thanks again..
03torchredmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Lord Umoja
Established Lurker

Sad to say, if you're worried about the value of the car as a collector's car, you bought the wrong thing. Sure these cars are rare and unique but they certianly aren't collectors cars yet by any stretch. Do what makes you happy. If all you're concerned with is collector value then you will be sorely dissapointed. Sorry.

'04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 "Jennifer"
Bassanni Catted X-Pipe, Catback, Hood Blackout, 315/35 BFG DR2s, AFS 17x10.5 Replicas, Professional Custom DiabloSport Tune, Stewart Warner UltraShift light, and XM Hardwire.
12.93 @ 107.24

'93 Nissan 240SX Convertible "Rei-Sen"
Restored from Critically Damaged Frame, Lexus Pearl White Paint, Original Factory Tonneau
Lord Umoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Manny32V

maybe in 20 years they will be worth some more money. what ever you do dont paint it pink!
Eibach pro-launch spring, O/R Xpipe 2-1/2" magnaflow mufflers with dumps. motive 4.10 gears, Fidanza alumminum flywheel, CF Dual Friction clutch, Promotion PMP 750 3650 w/26 spline input shaft, Eation Limited Slip 31 spline dif, 31spline moser axles. c&l intake, diablo sport tunner, fordracing adj. lower control arms, steeda adjustable uppers. (NOS dry setup 125hp jet** Zex Bottle heater and Zex purge) mobile synteric motor oil. (MT- ET Streets 275/45/17)More to come!
Manny32V is offline   Reply With Quote