2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:49 AM   #51
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: College Football back in full swing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthestick View Post
OR NOT
Oh boy, look what the cat dragged in.
When I posted what I did, we were and we were #1 for two weeks in a row. Now that we're not you post such a brilliant piece of deep thought. But at least you spelled all of the words right.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #52
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I see the first BCS poll is out, and LSU comes in at #4 while USC gets in at #14. I can work with that...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #53
we3hokies

Not sure how Boston college is ranked 2 and 3 and got a number one vote from somebody. what a joke. Well, They come to Lane Stadium on a thursday night so we will see if they are for real or not
2003 mach 1 dsg 5spd iup, c&l intake, php intake spacer, slp longtube headers, slp catted x pipe, slp loudmouth, 4.10 gears, mgw shifter, eibach sportline, bilstien shocks and struts, steeda brace, mm caster/camber plates, mm full length sfc's, mm lca, frpp alum driveshaft, black saleen style 18x9's, corbeau fx1 pros, steeda billet pedals, sct tune

Romans 10:9
we3hokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #54
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Please handle that for us, would you?
The top two had better enjoy the spots while they have them, they are a precarious position this year. It seems that all of the teams in the AP Top 10 preseason poll have at least one loss now, many have two, and one has three. I really feel for Auburn next week...I think we'll be taking out some frustration on them...
Now back to watching the 'Aint's...not sure why, I just am...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #55
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat427 View Post
Aggies on top of the Big 12 South after beating OSU. I could not be happier! I take that back, I will be really happy after they beat Texas Tech next week.

So what kind of mood are you in now after that GREAT game between dem aggies and the Red Raiders....? Shouldn't be so sure of something that hasen't happened in the last six times you've played us in Lbk. And finally we get our due and are ranked. :HOPPY:

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #56
we3hokies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy uno View Post
So what kind of mood are you in now after that GREAT game between dem aggies and the Red Raiders....? Shouldn't be so sure of something that hasen't happened in the last six times you've played us in Lbk. And finally we get our due and are ranked. :HOPPY:
THe aggies lost to Miami bad. not sure why anyone would be too confident in them.
2003 mach 1 dsg 5spd iup, c&l intake, php intake spacer, slp longtube headers, slp catted x pipe, slp loudmouth, 4.10 gears, mgw shifter, eibach sportline, bilstien shocks and struts, steeda brace, mm caster/camber plates, mm full length sfc's, mm lca, frpp alum driveshaft, black saleen style 18x9's, corbeau fx1 pros, steeda billet pedals, sct tune

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #57
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3hokies View Post
THe aggies lost to Miami bad. not sure why anyone would be too confident in them.
i'm not sure either, but for some reason until we actually beat them, we couldn't get ranked above them. Before this weekend they were around 27-28, and we were 30-31, even though we have had a good season other then one bad game.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #58
ylopony

What a year for the #1's. It makes me a little nervous now that Ohio State is now the top team in the polls.

The key this year is not going to be whether you lose one game. But instead, when in the season do you lose. If Ohio State loses a game from here on out they are done.

Perhaps I'm a homer with Ohio State, but I think they are going to run the table. That is a well coached team. USC is done. And LSU will not lose another game again this year. It will be Ohio State and LSU finishing at the top.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 AM   #59
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I'm in agreement with on the Championship game. LSU vs Ohio, with LSU having home field advantage. (I know it's an hour away from here, but most of us are down there on a pretty regular basis). Nothing against BCS #2 Florida Central Middle District Girls Home, but there's a wake up call for them before the season ends...and heaven help 'em if they end up in the Superdome againt the Fighting Tigers...it will be a massacre...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #60
jbrad88
Original Owner

Tech's problem is that they will always take a back seat to the Aggs and Texas in the polls. I think it is an old SWC anomoly.

In reality the three teams are never that far off in talent or strength of schedule and for whatever reason they don't get the respect as a team they probably should...

Now..that is coming from an Agg who has NO LOST LOVE for Tech...

Congrats on the win too...I am hoping it will be one of the losses that spells the end of the Franchione era...What a Joke of a coach...Why oh Why can't we get a REAL coach in College Station?

I miss Jackie...

03 Torch Red Mach 1
21 FJG Mach 1

Stainless Steel Systems Adrenaline Series
BBK long tube headers catted x pipe
18x9 18x10- Solid Gloss Black FR5's
Nitto 555 g2 275/35r18's 285/35r18
MGW Shifter With Mach1 Shift Knob
4.10's & 31 spline Mosers and 31 Spline Posi
Steeda Sport Springs Tokiko Illuminas
J@M weight Jacker LCA's
J@M Rear UCA's
J@M Braided steel brake lines
Eibach Sway Bars
jbrad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #61
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3hokies View Post
Not sure how Boston college is ranked 2 and 3 and got a number one vote from somebody. what a joke. Well, They come to Lane Stadium on a thursday night so we will see if they are for real or not

Is TieRod gonna play?
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #62
we3hokies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
Is TieRod gonna play?
My guess is they will not anounce it until a couple of days before the game. Its a high ankle sprain. They'll make BC's def scheme for glennon and tyrod. glennon, you blitz the heck out of. He has no pocket awareness.

http://subscr.techsideline.com/news_...ticle-3195.php

Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #63
HotRod
I Love Being Blown!

Smile Re: College Football back in full swing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Nothing against BCS #2 Florida Central Middle District Girls Home, but there's a wake up call for them before the season ends...and heaven help 'em if they end up in the Superdome againt the Fighting Tigers...it will be a massacre...
Sir, there is your first mistake. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE USF!!! I do not see them going to the Championship game (at this point) even if they are undefeated, but they are a team that can and WILL beat any team, any week.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #64
ftctoolftc
SCS Bay Area Super Hero

well it looks like LSU doesn't trust Matt Flynn. So it's no wonder LSU has been having trouble winning games. They have to fight for every score they get... even though they were a top seed team. I think it's bull that they've retained their title after so many close wins and that loss to Kentucky.

Cal screwed up... they were forced to put in a red-shirt freshman @ QB because of Oregon's quick defense... and low and behold, inexperience forces Cal to lose. Oh well... was definitely an exciting final 2 minutes. And just an FYI... at least 1 out of the top 2 has played for BCS champ for the past couple years... so I don't see LSU coming back unless everyone above them loses.

- 2004 Oxford White Mach 1
- Mach 1 Fantasy Football Champ - 2005
ftctoolftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #65
LNCHBOX

Um... if we win out, we're in. And there was nothing overrated about us. There was no trouble trusting Flynn. If anything we trust him too much. Perilloux will win a Heisman before he goes pro. Only reason we have trouble winning every game is because unlike the PAC10 we play ranked oppenents every week.
LNCHBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #66
ftctoolftc
SCS Bay Area Super Hero

well... we'll see about that. The Bears have the same odds as the LSU tigers of making it... it's really just a bunch of fluff and east coast bias. But it's cool... the Pac 10 never gets any respect.

All I'm really hoping for now is a Rose Bowl appearance/victory. The BCS is a joke and we really just need to go to a playoff system.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #67
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Brandon, I might have to disagree with you on the Flynn/Perriloux deal. I think there are a lot of people locally that think that if Ryan was holding the reigns this past weekend, we would still be undefeated (a simple view, but a real one). Flynn has shown some uncertainties in important situations, as well as nursing his injury, while Ryan is still being punished for his off field antics. One positive thing that the combination of the two definitly brings is the ability to keep the oppositions defense off balance, and that's exactly what Florida did last year with its two QB scheme...and manged to get a Nat'l Championship out of the deal.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #68
LNCHBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftctoolftc View Post
But it's cool... the Pac 10 never gets any respect.
You are seriously joking right? USC has been God's gift for the last 4 years. Everyone has humped their leg. All the media says the PAC 10 is super awesome. You wanna talk about lack of respect... Auburn went undefeated in the SEC and didn't even get a shot in '04. Don't even try to say the SEC is weak either, the media is just figuring out that is not the case.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:59 AM   #69
LNCHBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Brandon, I might have to disagree with you on the Flynn/Perriloux deal. I think there are a lot of people locally that think that if Ryan was holding the reigns this past weekend, we would still be undefeated (a simple view, but a real one). Flynn has shown some uncertainties in important situations, as well as nursing his injury, while Ryan is still being punished for his off field antics. One positive thing that the combination of the two definitly brings is the ability to keep the oppositions defense off balance, and that's exactly what Florida did last year with its two QB scheme...and manged to get a Nat'l Championship out of the deal.

I think you misunderstood me. I think Perilloux should be playing more, and allowed to use his cannon of an arm. Flynn has earned his starter spot, put Perilloux needs to be used more.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #70
ftctoolftc
SCS Bay Area Super Hero

Because USC geting respect has nothing to do with the Pac 10. Sure the PAC 10 is getting a lot more love now, but that has more to do with outstanding performances by ASU, Oregon, Cal... not USC. People had always discounted USC for YEARS because they felt the SEC was much harder than the PAC 10. I'm not saying the SEC is ****. It's got one of the best collection of pro potential talent in college football, but the SEC isn't the only "TOUGH" conference out there.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #71
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I agree that there are other tough conferences out there, but in the SEC you play the biggest, and usually ranked, teams every week. I think that hearing Pac10 week after week, not just USC but also Cal, and UCLA as well, gets old and irritating when it seems the level of play just isn't there. Powerhouse conferences change, and years ago the SWC (Texas and A&M specifically) were dominant nationwide. Obviously that isn't the case anymore and there is always room for the upstart (Central Florida Cake Baking Sorority in this case), but more often than not they are only a flash in the pan. Look at how often USC, Florida, Cal, and yes LSU have been highly ranked for years. This is coolege football...and it'll always be an interestig journey for players, coaches and fans. That's why we love it!

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #72
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I agree that there are other tough conferences out there, but in the SEC you play the biggest, and usually ranked, teams every week. I think that hearing Pac10 week after week, not just USC but also Cal, and UCLA as well, gets old and irritating when it seems the level of play just isn't there. Powerhouse conferences change, and years ago the SWC (Texas and A&M specifically) were dominant nationwide. Obviously that isn't the case anymore and there is always room for the upstart (Central Florida Cake Baking Sorority in this case), but more often than not they are only a flash in the pan. Look at how often USC, Florida, Cal, and yes LSU have been highly ranked for years. This is coolege football...and it'll always be an interestig journey for players, coaches and fans. That's why we love it!

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #73
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Last might didn't bode well for the #2 team in the nation, and if tomorrow is going to be anything like the last few weeks, it probably best that everyone lay low and all the coaches update their resumes! Other than hoping #1 gets beat, as well as Florida giving Kentucky a good pounding, I'm just really hopoing that LSU takes Auburn to school. We need a good, embarassingly high scoring win tomorrow night...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 10-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #74
TEXASDSGMACH1
LS WHO?

Harrel and Crabtree are gonna make it rain against Mizzou

00 GT with a 4v

Sold, but still in the family
03 DSG Mach

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
TEXASDSGMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #75
HotRod
I Love Being Blown!

Thumbs up Re: College Football back in full swing!

Gators vs. Wildcats should be a good game, but GO GATORS!