2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
smith30

What makes you different?

So with the vast population of Mustangs out there, what have you done to your car to make it different/stand out?

Any personal touches that no one else may have. Not talking "I put a blower on it" or "I have loud exhaust" lol

To SOME degree, just owning a Mach makes us different than just owning a GT but aside from that.

I've only wired my innermost tail light to work with brake lights and made a custom Sub woofer box for my GT then put it in the Mach 1:

I have yet to do anything tricky on the Mach. My old 04 GT I wired up a push button start and hid it under the cup holder:

03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
smith30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
jpilone
Uncertified Gynocologist

Re: What makes you different?

(quoting Forrest Gump's principal) "Your boys,..... different.."

J/K

My car is special to me, with the low amount of mach 1's out there compared to GT's and Cobra's, I see no reason to change perfection, with the exception of a lower stance and wider wheels...
jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilone View Post
(quoting Forrest Gump's principal) "Your boys,..... different.."

J/K

My car is special to me, with the low amount of mach 1's out there compared to GT's and Cobra's, I see no reason to change perfection, with the exception of a lower stance and wider wheels...
Baaahhh that's boring! lol
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
73mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilone View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I feel. Some fall into the "create my own Mach 1" mold and I fit into the "like my Mach looking like it just rolled out of the factory" mold. Never bored by it either, though I understand the desire to customize (something I have done a little in the past with other performance cars).

I'm all for Mach 1 owners customizing their rides. Maybe the day will come when the stock ones actually become the unique ones. Either way, it's all about enjoying your car.

Last edited by 73mach03; 12-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
73mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
machgsxr

I painted my running horse red with caliper paint. That way if I'm passing you you could tell who I am before I got next to you. I'm sure there are other ways to tell itis my car but thought the running horse was something different.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

all the blood, sweat and tear ceremonies i've had with mine create a bond unseen by the human eye
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

What makes putting a subwoofer box in the trunk, "unique?" I could probably find eleventy seven billion Mustangs on the internet with that particular personal touch!
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
What makes putting a subwoofer box in the trunk, "unique?" I could probably find eleventy seven billion Mustangs on the internet with that particular personal touch!
Well I should have rephrased that...I hand built it and how I attached it to the car I thought was unique and hasn't been done. I did not show that aspect but I see what you mean lol

The M1R crowd is on aver a "I like it the way it is" or keeping it stock group. SVTP had a thread and it went on for a while for personal touches, I thought I'd bring the idea here and see what people have done.

I also have a sticker on my 3rd brake light that reads "You Lost". People sitting behind me get a kick out of it watching people realize what it says. 50/50 shot the passenger takes their phone out and snaps a picture lol (No I'm not som punk running around racing people. I just thought it would be funny)
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
JaybTorchedMach

It's not so much about being different, but rather seeking perfection in my eyes. If someone had the same mods as me I would say he has great tastes

As for completely custom, I have the flash stitched to the headliner (most never notice), I made a Photoshop pic of my car as a "Cars" character and placed it as the background on my AVH unit, made some custom switches, and wired my fog lights independent of heads.

I also want to ditch the spare and tools and make a box to hold two slim tens so they are flush with the flooring.
JaybTorchedMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach View Post
It's not so much about being different, but rather seeking perfection in my eyes. If someone had the same mods as me I would say he has great tastes

As for completely custom, I have the flash stitched to the headliner (most never notice), I made a Photoshop pic of my car as a "Cars" character and placed it as the background on my AVH unit, made some custom switches, and wired my fog lights independent of heads.

I also want to ditch the spare and tools and make a box to hold two slim tens so they are flush with the flooring.
Pics?
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

I wouldn't say they make me unique, as I know many people do this as well...but my car is pretty unique in my area at least.

Added '03 skirts, shaved rear bumper, spoiler, and mirrors. '01 front bumper with the lower center blacked out and the pinstripe from the hood continued onto the grill/below the horse. Added the CF hood with enlarged black out area and pin stripe. Blacked out tails/reflectors and trunk lid area.

Interior is stock except for AM gauge pod and a couple switches to manually control the fan and water pump when the car is off.

I think those are the only visual touches I've done.

Mechanically unique touches? Probably the way I removed the t-stat, welded off the bypass, and forced the system to continuously flow on normal usage as well as have the manual switches to turn on when the car is off (great for in between autoX runs to cool the car off in the HOT Florida summers).

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Expres down for both windows and a GT500 auto dimming rear view mirror would be my "different" mods.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 View Post
Expres down for both windows and a GT500 auto dimming rear view mirror would be my "different" mods.

That was on my list to do...then I forgot about it LOL Thanks for brining it back up!
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
Old 12-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #14
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Nothing special here.Just run of the mill.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #15
Mach828
Dark Knight

My headlight and fog light switch went out so I rewired my headlights and fogs to my own switch under the dash on the drivers side.

I don't have a spoiler or hood stripe.

I have a switch to turn my fan on anytime in my coin holder.

I installed all my own mods.

I have a catch can under my hood that looks like a pipe bomb I made from black ABS plumbing piping.

I made my own intake out of ABS plastic and painted it wrinkle black.

I have a secret hiding compartment.

12" sub where my spare tire was.

Painted my K member metallic black.

Painted my gas tank cover Navy.

Painted my 8.8 wrinkle black.

Color matched stock mirrors.

And I'm going to repaint the car this spring, with a shade of blue other Mustangs don't have, and it will likely be metallic

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
Mach1 EH
original owner

err my sig line has my mods.

Oh ya and I do have a loud exhaust!
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
JaybTorchedMach

I'll get some pics but it's nothing extraordinary. Also have Terminator mirrors and made the seats recline completely if those count haha.
JaybTorchedMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Here's something I made for covering up the ugly strut rods. These are made for MMCC plates as shown. I have a few different styles from plain to different types of grooves. Also took a medallion I purchased after buying my 04 GT Vert and made a holder for it out of Stainless and it sits into the empty hole. The medallion can be flipped over for another design. Also have a great Pony Emblem on the front made by artist Lawrence Braun.

NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach View Post
It's not so much about being different, but rather seeking perfection in my eyes.
This is my thing, I look at my vehicles and try to figure out what I can do to improve their weak points in design or where the factory may have cut corners to save cost but in the process sacrificed some aspect I feel the car should have.

I didn't do too much to my Mach becasue I felt like it went, stopped and turned fairly well, but I felt like it needed to sound better. My 1986 GT however, does all those things kind of poorly in comparison, LOL. That is why I am the middle of a five lug conversion, adding FMS progressive rate lowering springs, twin-piston PBR front calipers with 13" rotors, Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates, SSBC four wheel disc conversion, 3.55 gears, a FMS aluminum driveshaft, Bullitt wheels, MM rear control arms, subframe connectors, k-member brace and strut tower brace. It's nothing radical but it should greatly improve the car and uses many Ford or Ford-type items that could have been (or have been since offered as) standard equipment had the factory not been building the car to a price.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #20
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH View Post
Here's something I made for covering up the ugly strut rods. These are made for MMCC plates as shown. I have a few different styles from plain to different types of grooves. Also took a medallion I purchased after buying my 04 GT Vert and made a holder for it out of Stainless and it sits into the empty hole. The medallion can be flipped over for another design. Also have a great Pony Emblem on the front made by artist Lawrence Braun.
Your 40th Anniversary Medallion is a nice subtle addition.

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron View Post
Your 40th Anniversary Medallion is a nice subtle addition.

Big Ron
Thanks Big Ron, I've made some improvements to it since this picture by lowering the profile and having it taper down to the edge. Here's a picture of the reverse side.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #22
mach1child

Well most of the sn95 mustangs and new edges around my area are all dented up from powersliding into light poles. So there's a lot of mustangs around here with primered bumpers,mirrors,dents,etc, i guess that makes me different to have a somewhat clean mach?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #23
Rice_slayer

I made my old car look different and it was "mine". I love the look of my Mach 1 in factory form, only thing appearance wise from my saleens that will change are an obvious 01 cobra bumper lol. I don't want to try and be different, usually ends up looking like crap :/
Procharger P1SC, Cobra fuel pumps, Centerforce DF, 39# injectors,Slot style MAF,BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R x, Borla stingers, MM rear LCAs, Tokico Illuminas,J&M rear uppers, MM FLSFC, 4.10 gears, Moser 31 splines, Detriot Truetrac. 410rwhp, 383rwtq on only 6psi.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #24
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
I made my old car look different and it was "mine". I love the look of my Mach 1 in factory form, only thing appearance wise from my saleens that will change are an obvious 01 cobra bumper lol. I don't want to try and be different, usually ends up looking like crap :/
I agree...there is a fine line when it comes to mods...some people over-do it and some just do the wrong thing lol
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #25
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

Well, I'd like to think mine doesn't look like crap =) But maybe to some it does.