2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #2776
un gm
occasional user

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreature View Post

The Giants are just as unpredictable as the Boys are this season.
They dont have as many creative ways to loose games as we do though. Jerry Jones postgame lasted 20 seconds. Think he was going to find Garrett and bitchslap him.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #2777
np_mach1

James Harrison out for 1 game ****!!

I don't agree with it. Colt pulled the ball down ran out of the pocket so at that point he was a runner NOT a qb being protected. He floated the ball at the last second and paid the price for it. Not happy that when you follow the rules you still get dinged for it.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #2778
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by np_mach1 View Post

I don't agree with it. Colt pulled the ball down ran out of the pocket so at that point he was a runner NOT a qb being protected. He floated the ball at the last second and paid the price for it. Not happy that when you follow the rules you still get dinged for it.
Anything to take away from us winning #7. All I can say to McCloy is 'welcome to Steeler football'.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #2779
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

Quote:

come on NFL is be come p***y Football that's not right
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #2780
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
Anything to take away from us winning #7. All I can say to McCloy is 'welcome to Steeler football'.
It feels like that sometimes. I want to think that wouldn't happen but they sure do go out of their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mach1 View Post
The thing that kills me is that they said Colt was defenseless... He wasn't blindsided, he wasn't hit from behind. He moved as a runner, tucked the ball, ran out of the pocket towards the line of scrimmage then last second pulled up and floated a pass. Saw James's big mean looking dome coming at him.

NFL
Old 12-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #2781
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Did you guys miss the part about him hitting McCoy helmet-to-helmet?

Dude has been told, warned, penalized, fined and he just doesn't get it. He's hard headed or stupid or whatever, so I'm OK with sending him home for a bit.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #2782
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post

Dude has been told, warned, penalized, fined and he just doesn't get it. He's hard headed or stupid or whatever, so I'm OK with sending him home for a bit.
You can hit a runner helmet to helmet. I think you missed that part. Running backs get hit like that all the time. The only reason this is a big deal is they said Colt was defenseless... I don't see how he could be. He was facing him running right at him. (If you are a runner the helmet to helmet rule does NOT apply!!!)

James Harrison was hit by a tackle like that and broke his orbital bone. Didn't cry about it either.

This is my problem. The rules have changed so much and people think things are dirty when they are not even according to the rules THEY made this year. I actually had someone tell me Troy P is dirty becasue he took a ball carriers legs out from under him on a tackle... Seriously people, seriously...
Old 12-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #2783
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
You can hit a runner helmet to helmet....
No, you can't.

"Summary of Penalties:

Descriptions and categories of infractions:

A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.

Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily."

No mention of defenseless players.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/digestofrules

They have been preaching this stuff to the players for over a year (no mention of defenseless players here either):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ttohelmet-hits

And here's your boy's response:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...plays/related/

I know he plays for your favorite team and all BUT there are rules that have to be followed and he refuses to follow them and then flaunts that fact in interviews.

Same as a guy at the Post Office or UPS who is told to wear a hat as part of his uniform and he refuses, he is warned and he refuses, he is written up and he refuses and goes on record as saying he will never change his style of attire and continues to break the rules. Whadda ya do?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #2784
np_mach1

Sorry for the link but tell me if this wasn't the same type of hit on James. Obvioulsy it's two big *** dudes but it was a helmet to helmet commited by the Tackle

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...multiple-weeks
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #2785
shadowmaker

Quote:

Their helmets hit but it wasnt a spear lunge straight into his helmet.

So, everytime a player tackles someone their helmets cant touch? Colt had time to slide, go the other way, etc etc etc. He was out of the pocket and running.

The only way you ll ever stop 100% of no helmet to helmet is to take em off. Or put some flags on em and not tackle at all.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #2786
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Sorry for the link but tell me if this wasn't the same type of hit on James. Obvioulsy it's two big *** dudes but it was a helmet to helmet commited by the Tackle
Agreed. The same type of hit.

But it is viewed differently by the officials because it was during blocking and not during the act of tackling. Splitting hairs I know but the theory is that tacklers get a running start (like a pulling gaurd doesn't?), blah, blah, blah.

The real problem is, your boy has made himself the poster boy for helmet-to-helmet hits. He has said he won't quit. He won't try. So for being an unrepentant dumba$$ he is going to get the business every time there is any doubt. And that's what he deserves for blatently ignoring and flaunting the rules laid out BY HIS EMPLOYERS, same as would happen to any of us. No wait, any normal person would already have been fired and have to change professions to find work. After the statement he made in that interview I posted above, the next HTH hit should cost him a year. The one after that (if there is one) should be the last one in the NFL.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #2787
np_mach1

Quote:
Their helmets hit but it wasnt a spear lunge straight into his helmet.

So, everytime a player tackles someone their helmets cant touch? Colt had time to slide, go the other way, etc etc etc. He was out of the pocket and running.

The only way you ll ever stop 100% of no helmet to helmet is to take em off. Or put some flags on em and not tackle at all.
Exactly.

He didn't lower his posture and lead with the crown of the head (which this rule was created to prevent people from breaking their own necks). He lead with his upper torso just so happened when Colt ducked he got hit on the chin.

Granted it is my team but I feel this way for all football players. Even if Ray Lewis hit my QB like this I would feel the exact same way.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #2788
np_mach1

Quote:
Agreed. The same type of hit.

But it is viewed differently by the officials because it was during blocking and not during the act of tackling. Splitting hairs I know but the theory is that tacklers get a running start (like a pulling gaurd doesn't?), blah, blah, blah.

The real problem is, your boy has made himself the poster boy for helmet-to-helmet hits. He has said he won't quit. He won't try. So for being an unrepentant dumba$$ he is going to get the business every time there is any doubt. And that's what he deserves for blatently ignoring and flaunting the rules laid out BY HIS EMPLOYERS, same as would happen to any of us. No wait, any normal person would already have been fired and have to change professions to find work. After the statement he made in that interview I posted above, the next HTH hit should cost him a year. The one after that (if there is one) should be the last one in the NFL.
Well thanks for agreeing that it was the same type of action. They should be fair on both sides.

I know he made his bed but the NFL is far from a normal employer haha!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #2789
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
I know he made his bed but the NFL is far from a normal employer haha!
True, many of the people in the NFL couldn't pass a background check.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #2790
punishermach

I saw the hit and agree it was HTH hit and that since colt got rid of the ball that he was in a defenseless position and James Harrison teed off on him, thats what that dude does,i personally think he shud have got a longer suspension.
punishermach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #2791
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishermach View Post
I saw the hit and agree it was HTH hit and that since colt got rid of the ball that he was in a defenseless position and James Harrison teed off on him, thats what that dude does,i personally think he shud have got a longer suspension.
No one said he didn't hit his helmet. And it's his job to hit people hard. Wtf you want to watch soccer?? You think qb's should be two hand touch then right?

And he is defenseless in a split second?? that's all James had to stop and at 270 lbs or so no chance at stopping that train.

What ever, done arguing with people who don't like James Harrison.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #2792
np_mach1

Quote:
True, many of the people in the NFL couldn't pass a background check.
That is a fact!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #2793
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties. It's almost like now players are jerking their head backwards during a tackle just to simulate that they were hit in the head to draw a penalty. I saw one hit on a QB yesterday and the QB got tackled in the chest and the blind refs call a forearm to the head. Not even close.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #2794
punishermach

Quote:
No one said he didn't hit his helmet. And it's his job to hit people hard. Wtf you want to watch soccer?? You think qb's should be two hand touch then right?

And he is defenseless in a split second?? that's all James had to stop and at 270 lbs or so no chance at stopping that train.

a few post earlier you agreed that colt had time to slide,They way i see if Colt had time to slide then James H had time to redirect himself,but he clearly didn't do that instead he hurt his team,with the penalty and getting suspended. As for colt being in a defenseless situation once he threw the ball here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...ison-suspended
Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #2795
shadowmaker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties. It's almost like now players are jerking their head backwards during a tackle just to simulate that they were hit in the head to draw a penalty. I saw one hit on a QB yesterday and the QB got tackled in the chest and the blind refs call a forearm to the head. Not even close.

Quote:
a few post earlier you agreed that colt had time to slide,They way i see if Colt had time to slide then James H had time to redirect himself,but he clearly didn't do that instead he hurt his team,with the penalty and getting suspended. As for colt being in a defenseless situation once he threw the ball here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...ison-suspended
He chose to run, him chosing not to slide means he needs to be tackled, which is what JH is paid to do. JH hit his breastplate and his helmet hit the facemask. Its a physical game.

This guy should be commissioner. He understands football and knows how it should be played. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7348360
Old 12-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #2796
punishermach

but i thot you only tackle people who still have the ball? I understand its a physical game,**** one of my favorite players of all time was Ronnie Lott. I enjoy the big hits of the NFL. I agree with THUNDERBOLT about the bulshit calls that happen because of players acting like it was bigger hit than it was, But this hit wasnt one of those bs calls.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #2797
np_mach1

Quote:
but i thot you only tackle people who still have the ball? I understand its a physical game,**** one of my favorite players of all time was Ronnie Lott. I enjoy the big hits of the NFL. I agree with THUNDERBOLT about the bulshit calls that happen because of players acting like it was bigger hit than it was, But this hit wasnt one of those bs calls.
Yeah I did say colt could have slid before he threw the ball after that point JH was going to hit him he couldn't stop. I posted a vid of the play. It's clear what happened. Colt was running at him then tried to be cute with the pass. He threw it just before contact for all JH knew he pumped faked. You are always taught to play the man.

If you like Ronnie you would know he couldn't afford to play in this league with all the head leading and defenseless hits he made in his career.

Like I said I'm done. Let's talk about some thing more important....

So who thinks tebow and the broncos can beat the pats?? Haha. I hope they do
Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #2798
np_mach1

Quote:
Was that the Fletcher to Brady hit? Even Tom said the hit was clean after the game. He used that penalty to his advantage by faking a slide later on too. Rules made the defense soft. That's what JH was making sure didn't happen.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #2799
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mach1 View Post
Quote:
Its a physical game.
Quote:
I'm sick to death of all these pansy penalties.
On the surface of it, I understand these sentiments, I really do. I want to see the guys who are meaner and tougher carry the day, that's part of the mythos of football and why we, as Americans love it so much. BUT there is a flip side to this coin and that is what becomes of these guys we "love" so much in the (hopefully, but sadly usually not) fifty years of their lives after they aren't smashing into each other for our enjoyment. Do we really love them or do we just want them turned into dog meat for our entertainment? Has anyone seen Earl Campbell lately? An awesome physical specimen in his prime, thrilling to watch, he gave so much on the field but he is a near cripple now.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...1_CD77MB5.html

If you were a "fan" of Campbell's do you really enjoy seeing him like this? Looking like a crippled old, Grady from Sanford and Son? My second favorite football player ever, Jim McMahon has developed neurological problems from his time in football which effect his memory. JM was as tough as almost anyone who ever played. Do I want to see Jimmy suffer and end up like a vegetable? Hell no. So again, I ask: Do we care about them at all or do we stop caring about them when they can't hit the open man anymore?

Men like Earl and Jim are the most manly men among us, they wouldn't protect themselves when they were playing because like all of us they were young, invincable and tougher than the other guy. Unfortunately when they get a little older and realize they should have ran out of bounds or threw the ball away it is too late. I for one, want guys like McMahon, Campbell and all the others to live long, healthy lives after football. Not saying anyone here does, but I can't throw people aside whom I have cheered for in the past. I cheer for them in life just like on the field, the ice, the ring, the cockpit or the stage.

And it's not just football, has anyone read about the enforcers in the NHL committing suicide? Due to brain injuries. It's sad.

I think now that we realize how serious the effects of all these blows are on the human body the League has a responsibility to protect their employees just like any other company. If not for humanity's sake, then to protect themselves from litigation that WILL come.

IF we really care about these athletes as human beings a part of us should support protecting them when they are on the field.................even if it's from themselves.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #2800
np_mach1

Earl was a special player. It is sad to see him the way he is. These guys know what the potential outcome is though. Not everyone is an earl when they get out. Plenty are a jerry rice or many others who have normal lives. I see a few former skins every once on a while who played as long as earl did and they are fine. Business men nice guys good shape still working out at the gym and all that.
On that subject of bein beaten up I do think retired players or former players should get some type of assistance. Nfl makes enough money to help the ones who made the game what it is today.