2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 08-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #26
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Re: CD 6 Player Problems - $90.00 Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Dawg View Post
Well boo this company is no longer in business. I know I'm the odd ball but I want to fix mine or repair it. I can't seem to find an aftermarket one that will load 6 CD's? Anyone know of a repair shop?
I can identify with trying to get it fixed... I've contemplated getting an old cassette unit restored but the price quote was a little high for me (almost $200). the whole ROI thing is ingrained too deeply

This is unrelated, but - my wife's new CX-5 does not have a CD player.
The sales person basically said with all of the streaming services and electronic media devices (e.g. Ipods / cell phones) there is no demand for one.
It has Spotify, Pandora, XM apps in the integrated music system, it's Bluetooth ready, and has two USB ports in the front and two in the back seat.
_
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:43 AM   #27
USMCWeatherMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach351 View Post
I can identify with trying to get it fixed... I've contemplated getting an old cassette unit restored but the price quote was a little high for me (almost $200). the whole ROI thing is ingrained too deeply

This is unrelated, but - my wife's new CX-5 does not have a CD player.
The sales person basically said with all of the streaming services and electronic media devices (e.g. Ipods / cell phones) there is no demand for one.
It has Spotify, Pandora, XM apps in the integrated music system, it's Bluetooth ready, and has two USB ports in the front and two in the back seat.
_
I had the version of the Mach head unit that allowed me to plug in an adapter, which allows me to plug my phone in via a 3.5mm headset jack so I can listen to music streamed or saved on my phone.

This is the one that worked for mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:39 AM   #28
Mach Dawg
Dawg fan

Also I'm not sure if my rear amp(s) are going bad? When I turn on radio it plays shortly & then loud/slight "popping" from rear speakers, but if use the balance to all front no change?? The music continues to try & play out of them.
I would think this would eliminate rear amp? But maybe cause it's still getting power? I suck at this stuff so don't beat me up to bad
Anyway replacement radios can be found on Ebay as well as amps so I just need to know which way to go. Thanks everyone!
Performance Mods: K&N FIPK, MagnaPack Cat Back, MGW Shifter, PHP intake spacer, Shaker air diverter, MAC Prochamber H pipe-PC9900, SCT X3 tuner from VMPtuning.com
Visual Mods: Cyberdyne water temp gauge, raised shaker, removed gas pedal slack, Anti-Theft Valve Stem caps, Hurst shift ball, window tint, vinyl letters on bumper, & billet pedals.
Mach Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #29
Mach Dawg
Dawg fan

Re: CD 6 Player Problems - fix!

I found this company on Ebay & they got mine for going for $175. Super quick turnaround too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-98-0...-/123220683798
This repair appears to have fixed my amp feedback too!
https://cd4car.com/content/forms/repairform.html
Performance Mods: K&N FIPK, MagnaPack Cat Back, MGW Shifter, PHP intake spacer, Shaker air diverter, MAC Prochamber H pipe-PC9900, SCT X3 tuner from VMPtuning.com
Visual Mods: Cyberdyne water temp gauge, raised shaker, removed gas pedal slack, Anti-Theft Valve Stem caps, Hurst shift ball, window tint, vinyl letters on bumper, & billet pedals.

Last edited by Mach Dawg; 10-19-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Mach Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #30
HAEG
Heppasketties

Going to have to look into the repair process. Would rather have the factory unit just because... Aftermarket never seems to just flow with the interior and I notice its darker in the seating area as the factory radio gave off a little ambient lite or I'm just too freaking old...
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #31
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I haven't looked to deeply into it, but there appear to be some DIY videos on how to fix the common issue with the CD changers on You Tube. I'm going to look into it when time allows as mine has joined the CD ERROR brigade.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:54 PM   #32
alex04mach1

What was the part number on your 6 cd changer unit? Thanks
SLP LM1 Catback, K&N Drop in filter, Bilstein HD Front Struts, Rear Shocks & Quad shocks, H&R Race Springs, MM Caster-Camber Plates, TA Performance Girdle, Ford Racing Aluminum Transmission Pan, Royal Purple 5W20, Chrome Cobra wheels - Goodyear F1 tires, Halibrand Wheels (Alternate shoes), Bullit Front and Rear Brake Calipers, Ford Racing Cobra Drilled/ Slotted Rotors, MGW Billet, 04 Cobra Front & Rear Bumpers, Colgan Front & Side Mirror Covers
alex04mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:23 AM   #33
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
Going to have to look into the repair process. Would rather have the factory unit just because... Aftermarket never seems to just flow with the interior and I notice its darker in the seating area as the factory radio gave off a little ambient lite or I'm just too freaking old...
I did do the self repair on my disc changer and it's worked for over a year now. A little patience and super glue on the jack screw (that does fall out when you open up the unit) seems to have fixed the problem.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote