2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Regional Area Forums > US-NorthEast Region

US-NorthEast Region WV, VA, PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, ME, VT, NH

Old 08-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #1
machXLR8
Third Member

Question Recommendation For Cat-Back Install

I am from the North Jersey area and do not have either the place, tools or TIME to install a cat-back exhaust on my 04 MACH. I was going to take it to La Rocca's on Englishtown Road near Raceway Park. Can anyone recommend another place in North Jersey preferably who deals with Mustang Performance and would put on a Cat-back exhaust system.
machXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Big Daddy
Stangbanger racing

What system are you going to use?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #3
GRB60

Take it to any local exhaust/muffler shop. This is not complicated. I would'nt pay the rate for a first rate speed shop to do it.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #4
machXLR8
Third Member

Exclamation Thanks

I was planning on Magnaflow Cat-Back 2.5" Dia pipe with the 15 Deg 3.5" rolled polished tip to keep it stock looking but with the added performance. I figured a speed shop would do it right and work neatly. I was not to sure about a Midas or Meineke. I will try a local muffler place and see. I will scope out the place first!!! For some reason I feel if the place is not organized and clean looking, I associate that with bad work. I think I am just picky what hands I leave my MACH in!
machXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
grodgers
I *need* boost...

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by machXLR8
I was planning on Magnaflow Cat-Back 2.5" Dia pipe with the 15 Deg 3.5" rolled polished tip to keep it stock looking but with the added performance. I figured a speed shop would do it right and work neatly. I was not to sure about a Midas or Meineke. I will try a local muffler place and see. I will scope out the place first!!! For some reason I feel if the place is not organized and clean looking, I associate that with bad work. I think I am just picky what hands I leave my MACH in!
Larocca's is good, but you'll pay top dollar for a simple install.

Guys at local gas station will do it for you - heck it's only like 4 bolts. It's a little more complicated if you want to keep the stock exhaust (cheaper if you just cut the old one off).

Where in Jersey are you? I see a blue Mach parked up in ledgewood quite often.

Some Loud Stuff
Some Look-Good Stuff
Some Go-Fast Stuff
grodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:49 AM   #6
forcefed

I bought a Magna Flow from MRT and it was simple to put on, it had all the right curves and angles, the hardest part was getting the original off, because it comes from the factory welded. You cant snake the tail pipes over the rearend with the mufflers on.
I took a Saw Zaw and cut off the Tailpipes near the rearend and it was a snap from there. Didnt really notice too much of a difference in sound with the catback, but when I installed the catted H-pipe then she woke up now it sounds awesome. Good luck to ya :THUMBSUP:
5sp. Iup...
Born 09-30-03
Mods From MRT:Streetsmart Cold Air Kit, 80mm Mass airflow sensor, MagnaFlow Stainless catted H-pipe
and Cat Back, 3 1/2'' Rolled Tips
forcefed is offline   Reply With Quote