2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > RACING Discussions > Road Course & Autocross

Road Course & Autocross Post info about SCCA and Road Course Racing.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
thehubster

Who Autocrosses

Hello all,
Who here autocrosses their Mach 1? I have been Autocrossing my car for a couple years now and i have found they are actually quite well set up for it. They have good power and they can be modified easily to give them some good stick. I have an Eibach Sportline kit on my car and slightly wider tires. it sticks to the road very well and i love autocrossing it. I would love to get it on a road coarse some day but for now autocross is enough.
thehubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
Recon

My car will be set up for road courses once the engine is rebuilt. Luckily for me the Corvette test track is about 1.5 hours away. I know mine has been lowered but I’m not sure what springs it has. Later down the road I’ll be IRS swapping the car then doing a MM suspension kit install.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #3
mikeracing
MECHANIC

Re: Who Autocrosses

I auto crossed mine alot, (both hsax and parking lot ax) in my experience the gearing is all wrong i was constantly bouncing between 2nd and 3rd almost never used first. Lately its been hpde or tt for me. Someday it will get a cage and it will find its way into hill climb racing.

Hr super race springs a must at the least, it really needs super race up front (or coil overs)and coil overs in the rear if neskarof is still on here he is the master at making these cars handle. The cars are front heavy so a larger front sway bar is a begining larger rear helps with the body roll but make it even more tail happy.

Overall its fun but gets expensive to be competitive. I found my self i would have to drive perfect laps and push hard to even be close. Tt racing and up around chicago hsax is way more fun and better suited.
mikeracing is offline   Reply With Quote