2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #26
littlemags
finally paid for

Re: I'm back in the game....Too late? Where is everyone?

Iam still around as well....dont post as much BUT I do check in a lot. Doing a new build as I type too....lol. After going the fastest I ever ran and THEN upgrading to FAST XFI only to find out I had a blown head gasket kinda set me back slightly...after spending a ton of time with my cage and getting car back together I am taking it RIGHT back apart. I have a DEEP love -HATE relationship with my mustang. I have roughly 9800 miles on the car...I am dialing it back "a little." I will still be rockin a 9 sec car BUT will be on the street more than on the trailer...lol

Hopefully I can get my stuff done someday...
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:02 AM   #27
LXS

I haven't posted in a while, then for some reason M1R just popped into my head outta nowhere, so here I am I don't know if I'll be posting much, but I won't ever forget about this site, TONS of great info here that you almost can't find anywhere else!!

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #28
BLUE

Look, my car just hit 112k, and my ToB went out, so it's time to start modifications.

You all better hang around!
Old 04-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #29
TKat13
Mach-T

I'm still here as well, my job has had me working so much that I have not had much time for the Mach, but I do have a few parts to put on it.

Welcome back Stopsign32v.

I tend to check in every 3 days or so, I have also been picking up projects and starting to struggle with what project do I work on.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #30
GlideTrain

I just joined this site after purchasing a Mach 1 back in October of 16. This is a great site. I have learned a lot in just a few months from creeping around this registry. Keep this forum alive!
GlideTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #31
donjuaniii
Laid Back

I agree....this forum is better than Facebook - even though I don't get in here as much lately either
Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #32
Mach828
Dark Knight

Just checking in. It has really slowed down here in the last couple of years.

Agree on the FB comments, I like the forum style better.

I login to read some posts, but haven't posted much in a while. My car is still in pieces and I need to get motivated and get it back on the track.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #33
Fauxnali
What's Shakin'

I check in at least weekly, I'm contemplating adding a Stage II Procharger setup and with an automatic, I'm hoping all the info I need is here.
What worries I should have if any on the tranny holding up and what RPM I should cut it off at. Will sticky tires destroy it at 475 FWHP? ETC...

Anyways, good to see you back, I hope they make another Mach1 soon.

1985 Mustang GT T-tops
Sold

2003 Azure Blue
IUP Automatic
One of 453
#2290 of 9652
Built on February 24th 2003
Eibach Pro-Kit, no ISO's in rear
Magnapacks CatBacks
Mac O/R X-pipe
K&N Drop in filter
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
SCT Tuned by Bama
Best 1/4 13.34 @ 104.40

Instagram @johnny_kipp
Fauxnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #34
tmhutch
4v>3v>2v

Still here too. Good site and maybe, just maybe we will see a new Mach 1 coming soon. That's the rumor anyway. Maybe even with a 4 valve 428 CJ.
tmhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #35
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

There is no doubt, though..this forum has the best Mach 1 info in the cloud lol.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #36
not a gt

Hey hey, good to see you back..my computer went blllahh and other stuff going on, but still in the game with even more HP!!!
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #37
Dollarbill

What's Facebook? I guess I'm old school jk
Dollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 AM   #38
Matter

New member and Mach owner here, I don't post much on forums, but I lurk a lot. I definitely prefer forums and don't even have a facebook account. This is a great forum and I have gleaned a ton of info here. When I was looking for a new toy, this forum is probably the main reason I decided on a Mach as I could see how much they have to offer, and how much they are enjoyed.
Just picked up a 2003 in dsg, 55,000 miles, brand new Tremec tko 600, new clutch inside of a Quicktime bell, new Torsen t2 with 3.90 gears, 31 spline axles, GT 500 wheels with g2 bfg's, included original wheels, new aluminized flowmaster cat back. Plan to drop an Eaton on it one of these days. Super clean car and I am diggin' it! These cars are an incredible car for the $, for sure!
Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #39
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter View Post
New member and Mach owner here, I don't post much on forums, but I lurk a lot. I definitely prefer forums and don't even have a facebook account. This is a great forum and I have gleaned a ton of info here. When I was looking for a new toy, this forum is probably the main reason I decided on a Mach as I could see how much they have to offer, and how much they are enjoyed.

Just picked up a 2003 in dsg, 55,000 miles, brand new Tremec tko 600, new clutch inside of a Quicktime bell, new Torsen t2 with 3.90 gears, 31 spline axles, GT 500 wheels with g2 bfg's, included original wheels, new aluminized flowmaster cat back. Plan to drop an Eaton on it one of these days. Super clean car and I am diggin' it! These cars are an incredible car for the $, for sure!

Sweet! I'm interested in how you like the TKO.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:46 AM   #40
not a gt

Still here, work 12 hour shifts with 2 hour commute, so work or sleep, now had a CT scan done and found a 4.4 cm mass on right kidney do I am sure after a,surgery will be back in earnest bugging you guys..plus lot of build stuff to update..good to hear from ya 32 v !!
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #41
BryanH79

I still have mine. I thought about selling it but just cant pull the trigger. Dont really post much anymore but I do still use it to look up issues and fixes. As said a lot of forums are losing out to facebook. Its sad since you get the same questions over and over.
M1R #10706

Current Mustangs:
03 Mach 1
Zinc Yellow 5 speed

92 Mustang LX Notch (project in work)
Deep Emerald Green 331 5 speed

Past Mustangs:
86 Mustang LX Notch
Grey 4cyl 4 speed

95 Mustang GT
White 302 5 speed
BryanH79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #42
Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruza View Post
Sweet! I'm interested in how you like the TKO.
I really like the tko, very smooth. Has a little gear whine but hardly noticeable if that kind of thing bothers you.
I'm a sucker for a 5 spoke wheel so I bought a staggered set with Nitto's from AM, I really like the look but I got the anthracite and they look more of a bluish silver so I painted the centers Dark Shadow Gray with a matte finish clearcoat. Check the before and after.

Also the po had raised the shaker so when the engine torqued it cracked the hood, gave me a good excuse to do a matte finish panel on the hood. I like it a little better than the original vinyl that was just in the center.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170820_093312.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	66460

Name:	20170821_134910.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	66461

Name:	20170820_093337.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	66462
Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:41 AM   #43
SLO-RIDE

I would agree with you all......this site is great! I've learned a bit just from reading others posts, and advice this good for free should be a sin. I don't do Facebook either, it seems to be just another place for some people to post their life for others to read and see.......that,s not for me.

SLO-RIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:00 AM   #44
lcaptmorg

Still Here, Car has developed and evolved. Running 12.08 on stock motor, 11.63 with cams, 10.92 on built stroker with ported stock intake, 10.52 with stroker with sully and faceplated tko.

Begrudgingly the car is going to the dark side with a built auto. I am a 20 year stick car racer but its $$ and impossible to compete in classes with good autos. So the care got a great upgrade with a houghes th400. all the perks. not cheap but will last a long time. Adding a 100-200 shot on the car just for fun. Smoothed and shaved the engine bay, holley stand alone, rewired the car with boost leash board. Car should be down to 2600-2650. I will let you guy know when I get it weighed. Looking forward to getting back to the track and making a few hits.
lcaptmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:03 PM   #45
Khyren

This being a ghost town compared to how things used to be is the equivalent of how things were when I was on TurboFord.org often. Super happening place and we were making so many of our own things to make it work because there just wasn't any aftermarket performance solutions. Now there is things like the PimpX and other computers that you can buy with plug and play harnesses to ditch the restrictive Ford stuff and just go with it. We perfected the science of testing the limitations of the stock parts and how fast we could go on them. There are so many exact combos it's boring. Now it's mostly just people looking for restoration parts or people parting cars out because the car needs a fuel pump or cleaning because it's been sitting... Sad really.
Khyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #46
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyren View Post
This being a ghost town compared to how things used to be is the equivalent of how things were when I was on TurboFord.org often. Super happening place and we were making so many of our own things to make it work because there just wasn't any aftermarket performance solutions. Now there is things like the PimpX and other computers that you can buy with plug and play harnesses to ditch the restrictive Ford stuff and just go with it. We perfected the science of testing the limitations of the stock parts and how fast we could go on them. There are so many exact combos it's boring. Now it's mostly just people looking for restoration parts or people parting cars out because the car needs a fuel pump or cleaning because it's been sitting... Sad really.

Dang, no knives for you at the dinner table lol.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #47
650rcode
Oxford White 03 mach 1

I feel the same as the OP, haven't been hanging around the forum much in the last few years, but as my car gets older and needs repairs, its good to know there's a solid base of info here to see what others have done to not only fix their cars but improve them.

Car hit 112,000 last month, and no plans to get rid of it anytime soon.
650rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:02 AM   #48
TKat13
Mach-T

Got mine back on the road, inspected and daily driving it again. I forgot how much fun it was. I was looking to buy a new car, but after getting the Mach back on the road, I have completely changed my mind.

Did some changes in the rear and now it hooks great, even surprised me a bit. Of course, I cannot enjoy it without a failure... my AC Compressor decided to take a dump today so new AC will be installed soon. You don't live in Texas without AC. My car must remain a real street car, by 'my' definition, must have AC, at least two seats and a solid radio.

This thread kind of kicked me into gear, so thanks for that!
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote