2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Old 09-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
1YLDRYD

my 04 mach1 deal

I need some advice from the brain trust here at the registry. When I ordered my 04 mach1 this is the deal I was given. 04 MACH1, 5-SPEED, IUP= $28,508 less any applicable rebates and delivery. And of course the admin. fee and tax. I believe the sticker price for a mach like mine is $29,445 including delivery. The delivery charge as seen on other mach1's is $625. So if I add the delivery charge to the $28,508 the price is now $29,133, not much below sticker. I ordered it from this dealer because I was told they would sell it to me for $1000 over the invoice price of $27,508. So what am I dealing with here? Is this just another numbers game being played on me? does the invoice price already have the delivery charge built into it? I know some of you work at dealerships and I'm sure alot of you know alot more then me about buying new cars. I would like to insist on the $28,508 price when it gets here but I'm not at all confident in my position or knowledge about pricing. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Comp. Orange
delta 40 flows
TORCH RED 03 MACH1,5-SPEED, IUP
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
No matter how fast you are..there's always somebody faster...that somebody is...."me"
1YLDRYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
Five Oh B
Two-Time Mach 1 Owner

Ford's Destination & Delivery Charge of $625 is part of the Invoice Total (and MSRP) already. Don't pay for it twice!
Five Oh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
1YLDRYD

Quote:
Originally posted by Five Oh B
Ford's Destination & Delivery Charge of $625 is part of the Invoice Total (and MSRP) already. Don't pay for it twice!
THANKS!!! Thats what I was hoping to here. The people here are awesome
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
No matter how fast you are..there's always somebody faster...that somebody is...."me"
Old 09-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
ZOG
JESTER RULES

ask them if they will "x" plan it ?

if they will the price will drop even more

contact me it they will "x" plan the order

before the rebates mine was 27300 "x" plan
with all ford charges and dealer charges
ZOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
1YLDRYD

Quote:
Originally posted by ZOG
ask them if they will "x" plan it ?

if they will the price will drop even more

contact me it they will "x" plan the order

before the rebates mine was 27300 "x" plan
with all ford charges and dealer charges
I'll check and see what they say. The bad thing is that my brother-inlaw is a sales person at aikens ford in ga. and told me if I ordered a car through him he would get me the family discount. I tried doing that in 02 for an 03 mach1 but he said he couldn't get the discount on the mach1. The way it's looking he probubly could on the 04 but I didn't know what we know now about availability and ordered elsewhere. I don't know what the discount is but I'm sure it's good. I know 1 thing, I'll be dam glad when it gets here and it won't be long now.
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
Old 09-25-2003, 11:05 PM   #6
Devery

I was fortunate to get mine at invoice ($27,407.51). Then the original deal that was written on paper by the salesman that I agreed to didn't include a $449 dealer charge that showed up once I was in the office with the loan officer. I played hardball and said I had not agree to this charge and they tried saying it was the same as tag, title, & fees...but I said there is a seperate line for those charges on the agreement which I had agreed to pay. I finally agreed to pay half of this charge and the dealer could suck up the other half since it was never briefed to me during the sales pitch or else I would walk (supposedly this charge is on all purchase agreements). After some behind closed door discussions the dealership manager said he could replace the car, but not me as a customer and agreed. I was hoping the salesman didn't get into trouble because he was very nice. It is just the original sales agreement I signed didn't say anything about a seller/dealer charge. I stuck to my guns, bargained a little and saved another $225 in the process.
Devery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:35 PM   #7
1YLDRYD

Quote:
Originally posted by Devery
I was fortunate to get mine at invoice ($27,407.51). Then the original deal that was written on paper by the salesman that I agreed to didn't include a $449 dealer charge that showed up once I was in the office with the loan officer. I played hardball and said I had not agree to this charge and they tried saying it was the same as tag, title, & fees...but I said there is a seperate line for those charges on the agreement which I had agreed to pay. I finally agreed to pay half of this charge and the dealer could suck up the other half since it was never briefed to me during the sales pitch or else I would walk (supposedly this charge is on all purchase agreements). After some behind closed door discussions the dealership manager said he could replace the car, but not me as a customer and agreed. I was hoping the salesman didn't get into trouble because he was very nice. It is just the original sales agreement I signed didn't say anything about a seller/dealer charge. I stuck to my guns, bargained a little and saved another $225 in the process.
Thanks for the heads up. My order form is pretty clear, $28,508+$349.50 addm. fee and $300 sales tax "the max here in SC." I doubt I can get them lower and any add-ons from them will be a DEAL BREAKER. It would seem that it won't be hard to get a mach1 elsewhere. A buddy of mine paid $32,400 for his with no IUP, lol.
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
Old 09-27-2003, 12:56 PM   #8
XCR440SP

That sounds like a lot to me. Maybe Mach's are going to be harder to get down south, but here in the KC region we've got "free demand" for Mach 1's right now so I can get as many as I order. That means I'm selling them like any other car. You should be able to buy one for $300 over invoice without any other dealer fees (DOC or Admin) and then pay aplicaple tax, title and License fees. That means on a 04 Mach 1 5 speed with IUP (MSRP 29,790) you should be paying $27809 and then any state fees (don't pay and admin fee, thats a lot like dealer prep used to be and should be illeagal).

Also if your brother-in-law is a salesman, you should be able to get "D" plan (assuming they're Blue Oval Certified) which will be well under invoice ($26,338.84 and the dealer CAN NOT charge Admin fee). You need to push this issue.

EDIT- I should add, that is assuming your not trading. If trading that can be a different deal. It doesn't affect the price you pay on a D plan purchase, but then your trade will be wholesale. Every dealer handles trades differently and some prefer to use more of a Retail number and show more for your trade.

Last edited by XCR440SP; 09-27-2003 at 07:23 PM.
XCR440SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:05 AM   #9
1YLDRYD

I'm calling my brother-inlaw tomorrow to see what he has to say.
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
Old 09-30-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
kevsmach
resU deretsigeR

Hey Comp, I bought the Red 03 at Akins a few weeks ago and they def are Blue Oval. I have been every since!
72 Mustang coupe
MCA #53706
FOA #1082
kevsmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:12 PM   #11
1YLDRYD

Quote:
Originally posted by kevsmach
Hey Comp, I bought the Red 03 at Akins a few weeks ago and they def are Blue Oval. I have been every since!
Great!!! I called the brother-inlaw today and got a great offer from him. A-PLAN and $3k rebate makes the total $23,221 + $100 to get the car to their lot, they only have a yellow one in stock and I want the red one. He told me he gets 2 A-PLAN discounts a year, he used 1 and never used the other "what luck for me" I'm going to the bank tomorrow hopefully to get all taken care of and will call him and tell him to "GET THE CAR" I'm thinking I can get down there next weekend and pick it up "I HOPE, I HOPE, I HOPE". He found a red 5-speed with IUP near by but if it's gone tomorrow he said it will not be a problem to find another. HE IS THE MAN wish me luck.......thanks everyone for the help.

guess I'll need to change my name:p
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
Old 09-30-2003, 09:46 PM   #12
gotmach

Wait until next September and thell be giving them away like the 03s now. Esp when the 05 new body is out and no one wants the 04 you might be able to get your Mach for about 23k....Dont pay anyway near sticker..take it from me..I got mine 500 under sticker in Jan 03 and now there on sale for near 23k...
Old 10-03-2003, 12:40 AM   #13
1YLDRYD

my deal is done. I sign the papers monday and drive to GA. next weekend and pick it up.
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s
Old 10-03-2003, 02:13 PM   #14
Tanklawyer
Long Live Mach

Since you've already done it, my advice is a bit untimely. However, my advice WOULD have been this:

DO IT! Sure, I paid a whole bunch more in December than I would have now, but the last nine months with the Mach have been great. I've said it before, but every day I leave my office and walk up to the Mach in the parking garage, I get a huge smile on my face. Doesn't matter how bad or crazy the day has been. Seeing that shaker, and realizing that in a few minutes I'll have 305 (yeah, right, 305, LOL) ponies at my command, and that with a blip of the accelerator my shaker will dance to the right -- makes the stress of the day disappear. And I've noticed that each morning when I get out of the car and head for the elevator, I look back at the car. I don't do this on purpose -- I just noticed that I do it each day. Look back and smile.

So, waiting is just not an option. Would I like a lower car payment? More bread in my pocket? Sure. Would I have traded the last nine months of driving bliss for a few grand? NO WAY.

Good luck next week. You're going to be one happy guy.

B.

P.S. Post photos! Can't wait to see the Comp. Orange!

2003 Mach 1 (Torch Red 5-sp with IUP)
VIN #344918
Built 11/12/02
Delivered 12/3/02
Sold 3/13/06
Tanklawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:40 PM   #15
1YLDRYD

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanklawyer
Since you've already done it, my advice is a bit untimely. However, my advice WOULD have been this:

DO IT! Sure, I paid a whole bunch more in December than I would have now, but the last nine months with the Mach have been great. I've said it before, but every day I leave my office and walk up to the Mach in the parking garage, I get a huge smile on my face. Doesn't matter how bad or crazy the day has been. Seeing that shaker, and realizing that in a few minutes I'll have 305 (yeah, right, 305, LOL) ponies at my command, and that with a blip of the accelerator my shaker will dance to the right -- makes the stress of the day disappear. And I've noticed that each morning when I get out of the car and head for the elevator, I look back at the car. I don't do this on purpose -- I just noticed that I do it each day. Look back and smile.

So, waiting is just not an option. Would I like a lower car payment? More bread in my pocket? Sure. Would I have traded the last nine months of driving bliss for a few grand? NO WAY.

Good luck next week. You're going to be one happy guy.

B.

P.S. Post photos! Can't wait to see the Comp. Orange!
thanks for the msg, but I'm not getting the Comp. Orange. The deal my brother-in-law gave me was on a 03, I told him red and he found one at another dealer. I called him today and he has it on the lot now!!! 47 miles on it and 35 of thoughs was getting it to his lot. I saw some comp. orange GT's and they look good. The orange is alittle pale but looks good. I guess I need to change my name, lol
delta 40 flows
mrt shifter
mac o/r h-pipe
super 40s
chrome saleens
18x10s, 18x9s