2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 04-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
JRCEngineering

Drive ability issues. "Issues, my life story"

I'm pretty dam good at working on everyone else's car but my own. I may be to emotionally evolved to think clear or just lack patience because i can put it off. Whatever the case may be here is what I'm dealing with now.

Got the mach all together fixed the overheating and suspension issues with my UPR k member and coil overs. Found my brake issues that sounded like struts And now trying to figure out why this car is hesitating.

It runs rough at idle, cuts in and out from 1500 - 3500 rpm, and sometimes idles low.

The car is perfect during WOT runs. Has plenty of power then. I replaced my upstream O2 sensors with NTK 20060. The rear 02s have simulators. I had the entire engine ripped apart. I am guessing vacuum leak. Does anyone have any input, questions, or solutions?

I can provide videos and data logging if needed.
K&N CAI, Magna flow Cat back, BBK X Pipe, BBK Long tubes, UPR K Member, UPR Coil Overs, MMR Intake Spacer, Under drive Alt Pully, FR 4.30s, FR Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange SS Street Axles, LPW Ultimate 8.8 Cover, Lowered, Center Line Telstars, Raptor Shift Light, 100 Shot.

1/4 Mile - 12.5
JRCEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
01yellerCobra

Who did the tune? Was it tuned for your current combo or did you change something? I'd be willing to look at your datalogs if you'd like.

You could always do the brake cleaner test around the intake to see if there's a leak.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner

Last edited by 01yellerCobra; 04-16-2015 at 10:41 AM.
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
JRCEngineering

Re: Drive ability issues. "Issues, my life story"

Further investigation makes me think its a problem with the 02 sensor extensions. They are staying at a 1.66V and the heater circuits are not working. This is for both up stream.
K&N CAI, Magna flow Cat back, BBK X Pipe, BBK Long tubes, UPR K Member, UPR Coil Overs, MMR Intake Spacer, Under drive Alt Pully, FR 4.30s, FR Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange SS Street Axles, LPW Ultimate 8.8 Cover, Lowered, Center Line Telstars, Raptor Shift Light, 100 Shot.

1/4 Mile - 12.5
Old 04-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
01yellerCobra

That would cause some weird issues. There's a chance the pins might have pushed in when you were connecting everything.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
JRCEngineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post
That would cause some weird issues. There's a chance the pins might have pushed in when you were connecting everything.

Thats a good idea. I talked to american muscle, they are over nighting me new extensions

1/4 Mile - 12.5
Old 04-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #6
Dikki18

Are you throwing any codes?
Dikki18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
JRCEngineering

Yes P0152 and P0132

1/4 Mile - 12.5