2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 03-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #26
JRCEngineering

Re: Drivetrain build in the works

The Spec stage 1 26 spline is cheap enough where i will buy the clutch and pressure plate. It says it holds 510 TQ.

The Spec stage 2 26 holds 599 TQ and cost just slightly more.

Can i use my flywheel that is in the vehicle now with any clutch?

I dont know what setup is in it right now. I bought it like this. But if all flywheels are the same then i can just buy the clutch kit.
K&N CAI, Magna flow Cat back, BBK X Pipe, BBK Long tubes, UPR K Member, UPR Coil Overs, MMR Intake Spacer, Under drive Alt Pully, FR 4.30s, FR Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange SS Street Axles, LPW Ultimate 8.8 Cover, Lowered, Center Line Telstars, Raptor Shift Light, 100 Shot.

1/4 Mile - 12.5
JRCEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #27
Mach828
Dark Knight

Yes you just have to make sure you get an 11" clutch and not the 10.5" because that's for a GT. Its best to pretend like you have a Cobra when ordering a clutch.

You can reuse the flywheel. You'll want it resurfaced if its in bad shape, scaring, blue marks from heat, etc. If its an aftermarket one like my spec the middle piece can be ordered and replaced for ~$80.

I really liked my ram clutch. My spec stage 3 destroyed my flywheel and everything else but it was fun at the track. I hate my kevlar one I have now.

If you buy a stock rebuild trans then get the stage 1. If you buy a higher HP rated trans then get a stronger clutch. The higher rated clutches are also thicker so you need to reduce the size of the pivot ball for the right clutch fork angle or the clutch fork will be at the very back of the trans.

Sent with a shot of DROID go fast

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #28
JRCEngineering

I think this is what ill be going with. The transmission is good for 475 TQ 550 HP

Energy Suspension Poly Trans Mount $94.95
SR Performance Clutch Adjuster Kit $90.99
Ford Racing Pilot Bearing $11.99
Ford Racing Throw Out Bearing $55.99
MGW Shifter $189.99
Spec Stage 2 $375.00
Transmission Fluid $50.00
TR3650 semi pro $1,795.00

Total 2663.00
K&N CAI, Magna flow Cat back, BBK X Pipe, BBK Long tubes, UPR K Member, UPR Coil Overs, MMR Intake Spacer, Under drive Alt Pully, FR 4.30s, FR Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange SS Street Axles, LPW Ultimate 8.8 Cover, Lowered, Center Line Telstars, Raptor Shift Light, 100 Shot.

1/4 Mile - 12.5
Old 03-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #29
Mach828
Dark Knight

The timken TOB is better than the Ford one. The Ford one used to be really good but I heard that they changed their supplier within the past year or so, and the last one I got didn't last.

Other than that, looks like a good list!

The MGW shifter is great, but its spring loaded to stay in the center. Some people dislike it, some love it. You have to push the handle to the left to get into first, hold to the left to get into second, and straight forward and it goes into 3rd. Just so you know.

That poly trans mount was one of my favorite mods. You'll love it.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #30
JRCEngineering

I will take that into consideration. Thank you. It will be a couple weeks before i order everything. I just think ill make my end goals 450 hp 450 tq for the car that way i wont have to worry about breaking the tranny again. ( Ill probably break it anyway)

1/4 Mile - 12.5