2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions

NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions NEW Owner's, Say HI and intro yourself here!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #51
03torch

Re: New Mach 1.....and im sad

thanks for all the help guys
03torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #52
dantheratman

does "lemon law" ring a bell to anyone? It is diff. in every state but this seems like a prime example. How many days did you have it before this happened??
dantheratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #53
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheratman View Post
does "lemon law" ring a bell to anyone? It is diff. in every state but this seems like a prime example. How many days did you have it before this happened??
i believe the lemon law in alabama is that it has to happen a certian amount of times in a certian period for them to call it a lemon. i bought it monday afternoon and it went down tuesday at about 7:30AM
Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #54
ricky bobby
mach everthing

you have no idea about what i went through with mine when i first got it. Long story short in the first two years i owened i it was in the shop for 7 months with the same fricken trans problem. they would not replace it and just tryed to continusly bandaded it. Finaly the replased it and all was good. But holy **** 3 dealerships and 7 mounths of downtime with no cortisy car was enouph to not go back to ford for anythging anymore. I still love the mach and now have my problems fixed by knowlagble people here on the reg.
accufab throttle body
c and L true flow intake tube
bassani catted x pipe
slp lm1 (after dyno)
steeda full lenth sfc
kb jacking rails matrix brace
steeda front back strut braces
** Update coming soon **
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #55
nikbait

Man that bites. Sure hope that don't happen to me.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #56
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
you have no idea about what i went through with mine when i first got it. Long story short in the first two years i owened i it was in the shop for 7 months with the same fricken trans problem. they would not replace it and just tryed to continusly bandaded it. Finaly the replased it and all was good. But holy **** 3 dealerships and 7 mounths of downtime with no cortisy car was enouph to not go back to ford for anythging anymore. I still love the mach and now have my problems fixed by knowlagble people here on the reg.
sounds like what happened to my f150. out of 1 year 3 months of owning it, it was in the shop about 4 months because it kept breaking driveshafts. i ended up having to pay $700 for them to put one in just to prove it was the truck, it broke it backin out of my driveway the next morning.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #57
tom281
forty-six & 2

For what you paid, you coulda got a new GT with lower interest for about the same monthly payment....... Now likely because of the holidays, you'll be out of a car until mid-January.

Hope it all works out in the end.
Previous:
2006 Vista Blue GT 11.74 @ 119, 3880lbs 450hp/450tq

My keeper:
'92 GT Convertible
Emerald Green w/ White Lthr & Top
Original Owner
tom281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #58
DSG04NC

Hey Bud,

I'm a dealer tech and have some insight for you. Sounds like you bought an aftermarket warr not a Ford Extended Car Warr. Thats a can create a problem because extended warr compianies are cheap and have small pockets. They don't like to pay out on anything and find ways to get out of it. Now since you just bought your car it's not really your problem right now it's sales department. They know they're kinda F***ed. Service looked at the car and most likely told sales it needs a motor. Then sales told them it has a extended warr. So the next step would be the extended warr adjuster has to come out and look at the car. He probably reported his findings back to the warr company and they said their not going to cover it because of something stupid like their wasn't the correct oil additive in the oil or it's abuse. Now your car is sitting because it's a game between service and sales. Service isn't going to touch the car because they don't know who's going to pay yet. Sales is afraid to tell service to do anything because they are trying to find a way to get out of it also. These are to diff departments under the same roof only the GM can make the call now.
If I were you this is what I would do. Since it's Sat before Christmas nobody is their thats important. Wait till Wedsday and call service to find out whats going on. Ask to speak to the Service manager try and find out whats going on with the car. If he gives you the run around get off the phone and call back and ask to speak to the GM. Talk with confidence in your voice and have him look into if he's not aware of the situation. If they don't have a good answer tell them you want them to buy the car back or find you another one.
You should keep in the back of your head that a remanufactured motor isn't going to go into your car. It's too expensive, only if you have a ford warr would that happen. They have probably looked a salvage motors but can't find one with that low miles. So they know it would be real sh*ty to put a 40-50k motor in it and if you found out you would want the car anyway thats why you paid 21k ofr it.
They don't really want to buy it back from you but it might be a cheaper way out for them and a better deal for you. Just don't let them point the finger at you and say it's abuse. Keep us posted or email if you have questions or need advise. Also don't let them talk you into another car on the lot that you don't want.

Dan
DSG04NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #59
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG04NC View Post
Hey Bud,

I'm a dealer tech and have some insight for you. Sounds like you bought an aftermarket warr not a Ford Extended Car Warr. Thats a can create a problem because extended warr compianies are cheap and have small pockets. They don't like to pay out on anything and find ways to get out of it. Now since you just bought your car it's not really your problem right now it's sales department. They know they're kinda F***ed. Service looked at the car and most likely told sales it needs a motor. Then sales told them it has a extended warr. So the next step would be the extended warr adjuster has to come out and look at the car. He probably reported his findings back to the warr company and they said their not going to cover it because of something stupid like their wasn't the correct oil additive in the oil or it's abuse. Now your car is sitting because it's a game between service and sales. Service isn't going to touch the car because they don't know who's going to pay yet. Sales is afraid to tell service to do anything because they are trying to find a way to get out of it also. These are to diff departments under the same roof only the GM can make the call now.
If I were you this is what I would do. Since it's Sat before Christmas nobody is their thats important. Wait till Wedsday and call service to find out whats going on. Ask to speak to the Service manager try and find out whats going on with the car. If he gives you the run around get off the phone and call back and ask to speak to the GM. Talk with confidence in your voice and have him look into if he's not aware of the situation. If they don't have a good answer tell them you want them to buy the car back or find you another one.
You should keep in the back of your head that a remanufactured motor isn't going to go into your car. It's too expensive, only if you have a ford warr would that happen. They have probably looked a salvage motors but can't find one with that low miles. So they know it would be real sh*ty to put a 40-50k motor in it and if you found out you would want the car anyway thats why you paid 21k ofr it.
They don't really want to buy it back from you but it might be a cheaper way out for them and a better deal for you. Just don't let them point the finger at you and say it's abuse. Keep us posted or email if you have questions or need advise. Also don't let them talk you into another car on the lot that you don't want.

Dan
thanks for the great advice. if they DO replace the motor,how can i tell if it is a brand new/reman/used motor? do i have the right to reject a used/reman?
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
18x9, 18x10 hypercoated fr500's
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Touch screen TV, Rockford power T2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Steeda 2 point strut brace
Old 12-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #60
1MEANSTANG

Thats excellent advice Dan^^^! I'm also a Tech at a dealership and he is exactly right. About everything with the warranty and extended companies. Also You have the right for the dealership to buy back the car. Especially since it's only been a few days and 1 day since you had it. Of course the bank is going to say "they can't stop payment on the check". They want the money. Every bank will say that to you. I would force them to buy the car back and start looking at another car. Or tell them you will take higher and legal action. What else might break that quick when you get it back?? Don't sweat it. It will be taken care of.
1MEANSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #61
03torch

I have no idea what direction to go to get the car purchased back. Where do I start?
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #62
DSG04NC

How long has it been in the shop? If service is open today call and talk with the writer. Find out what they feel is the problem. If they don't have an answer ask why. But know that they probably know whats wrong just not who is going to pay for it. I would be ok with a reman motor but like I said a salavage motor will be hard to find with that low miles. Before you decide to try and reject anything see if they will try and work with you.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #63
03torch

well, i know they havnt started working on the car yet, only moved it around the parkinglot. they are replacing 2 f250 motors and a f350 trans right now so he told me that it would be wed after xmas before they started on it. i bought the car monday afternoon, and tuesday morning at about 6:30 is when the motor went.
Quote:
How long has it been in the shop? If service is open today call and talk with the writer. Find out what they feel is the problem. If they don't have an answer ask why. But know that they probably know whats wrong just not who is going to pay for it. I would be ok with a reman motor but like I said a salavage motor will be hard to find with that low miles. Before you decide to try and reject anything see if they will try and work with you. You can go to car-part.com and search the whole country for salavage Mach 1 motors to see what you find just for curiousity.
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #64
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
I wouldn't have the word SALVAGE in my mouth or thoughts!!!!!!!!
+1. I want a new/reman with the ford 3 year 36000mile warrenty
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #65
DSG04NC

When did you bring the car to the dealer and have it writen up. Look if it's knocking as bad as you say it is their is not a lot of diag that needs to be done on it. The tech probably drove it into the shop checked the oil raised it in the air with it running. Maybe verified the noise coimng from the lower end and diaged it as F**cked. Pretty much at the dealers they don't get into replacing major internal engine work on the bottom end. It is cheaper labor wise to replace the whole short block then tear it all apart and replace the crank and rod bearings. If thats the problem who know's. So what I'm say is it has already probably been diaged they are just buying time to figure out what they are going to do to fix it the cheapest way possible and keep you happy or in the Dark. Your a kid and they will play off of it. Do not let them take advantage of you. You paid top dollar for a low milage MACH.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #66
03torch

Quote:
When did you bring the car to the dealer and have it writen up. Look if it's knocking as bad as you say it is their is not a lot of diag that needs to be done on it. The tech probably drove it into the shop checked the oil raised it in the air with it running. Maybe verified the noise coimng from the lower end and diaged it as F**cked. Pretty much at the dealers they don't get into replacing major internal engine work on the bottom end. It is cheaper labor wise to replace the whole short block then tear it all apart and replace the crank and rod bearings. If thats the problem who know's. So what I'm say is it has already probably been diaged they are just buying time to figure out what they are going to do to fix it the cheapest way possible and keep you happy or in the Dark. Your a kid and they will play off of it. Do not let them take advantage of you. You paid top dollar for a low milage MACH.
they sent a tow truck from the dealership to where the car broke down (roughly 60miles) and picked it up around 11am tuesday morning. i was actually on the way to the dealership in town to let them look at it when it broke down.
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #67
03torch

BTW, they have already mentioned they "saw that there was rubber in the back fenderwell". i know for a fact that someone i know took the car for a test drive before i bought it, and with the salesman in the car (same one i bought the car from), took the car around sideways in the middle of the highway.
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #68
beerformeplz
Roll Tide !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03torch View Post
BTW, they have already mentioned they "saw that there was rubber in the back fenderwell".
Tell them they should have detailed it better before you bought it.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #69
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerformeplz View Post
Tell them they should have detailed it better before you bought it.

haha....sounds good. BTW-Roll Tide. Im a bama fan forced to live in Auburn
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #70
merlintiaga

If you don't get anywhere relatively quickly, say within two weeks, you may want to see a lawyer. Not so sue them though. You'll lose a huge chunk of money even if you sued and won, but to threaten that you're going to take legal action if they don't make good on the repairs. This way they will know that you're serious. A lawyer can write a threatening letter. This will only cost you about $200. I hate to say it, but if they think they can screw you, they're going to. Especially being a young guy like yourself. They think they are bigger and smarter, they're not and they need to know it. Just like the BS about the rubber in the wheel well. They are trying to take control of the situation. Stay completely unemotional, but get the control back. Remember, its all about the money. The dealer needs to get to a place where they realize that its cheaper to fix it or buy it back than to stick it to you. Good luck. You'll love your Mach once you get it working.
merlintiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #71
ricky bobby
mach everthing

They did the same bull **** to me. My biggest problem was that the ford dealership that i bought it form closed within 3 weeks of me buing my car and metro ford of port coquitlam called me a second rate customer to my face and that my car was not as important as other customer cars because i did not purcase it form their dealership. 6 weeks i watched it just sit in the storage lot and then when i got it back it had a scratch in the frount bumper and still not fixed. I ended up back downtown to the local svt shop and they comunicated back and forth to head office and evetualy changed the trans out after numerus return trips with the bandaid falling off. It was still under original factory warrenty and they still tryed to get out of fixing it right. Untill then i was the only one in my family still driving a ford. After the way the company treated me i could not afford to buy a car from them just in case i had a problem and they leave me high and dry with no car. lucky the mach is for play time and not the only car i have.
accufab throttle body
c and L true flow intake tube
bassani catted x pipe
slp lm1 (after dyno)
steeda full lenth sfc
kb jacking rails matrix brace
steeda front back strut braces
** Update coming soon **
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #72
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
They did the same bull **** to me. My biggest problem was that the ford dealership that i bought it form closed within 3 weeks of me buing my car and metro ford of port coquitlam called me a second rate customer to my face and that my car was not as important as other customer cars because i did not purcase it form their dealership. 6 weeks i watched it just sit in the storage lot and then when i got it back it had a scratch in the frount bumper and still not fixed. I ended up back downtown to the local svt shop and they comunicated back and forth to head office and evetualy changed the trans out after numerus return trips with the bandaid falling off. It was still under original factory warrenty and they still tryed to get out of fixing it right. Untill then i was the only one in my family still driving a ford. After the way the company treated me i could not afford to buy a car from them just in case i had a problem and they leave me high and dry with no car. lucky the mach is for play time and not the only car i have.
too bad for me (right now), the mach IS my only ride. well..they gave me a loaner car. 2001 focus station wagon
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #73
nikbait

That really sux man. I sure hope you get this taken care of.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #74
03torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbait View Post
That really sux man. I sure hope you get this taken care of.
me too. thanks
Pro 5.0 shifter
Hurst shifter and knob
K&N filter
PHP intake spacer
Bassani offroad x
Borla Stingers
Shaved rear bumper
Cobra front bumper
295/35-18 BFG KDW2
Garmin GPS
King Cobra clutch
Shorty antenna
MM Caster Camber Plates
Radiator cover
Sniper tuned
EGR delete
Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #75
klondike93
1992-2007 RIP Klondike

I'm with Wild Bill on this, a real low mile Mach with a SALVAGE motor in it, I don't think so.
11/18/2002
1985 Coupe, race car
klondike93 is offline   Reply With Quote