2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 05-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
ajiv
MACH1NE

misfire...help

Hello, guys, I have a couple questions..this past Saturday I had someone back into my passenger side of my car..and they hit me around the louver and quarter panel area..It was very minor and had no damage to my car except for my paint being scuffed on my louver, and a tiny dent underneath the louver. However, since then I noticed a very small hesitation, and now I have a misfire, but only during acceleration. There are also no trouble codes being thrown..could the tiny fender bender have caused this? Or anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you!
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Mac O/R Prochamber
Borla Stingers
SCT Tuner

Instagram: ajda4th

"MACH1NE"
ajiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: misfire...help

all of the electronics for the fuel system are on the driver side of the car. The fuel lines run up the pass side underneath the car but I cannot see the accident you're describing having anything to do with the misfire/hesitation.

With misfires, unless they are severe, you have to have a certain number of misfires in a certain number of revolutions to trip the light if I remember right.

Weak coil(s) can be fine at idle and start to break up under load

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
ajiv
MACH1NE

⬆thanks! I changed all coils and plugs, a little less then a year ago. Using ford racing coils, and Motorcraft plugs. Now the misfires, have gotten a lot worse. It's constant, as long as my foot is on the gas. =\ hopefully I can get someone to check it out asap
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Mac O/R Prochamber
Borla Stingers
SCT Tuner

Instagram: ajda4th

"MACH1NE"
ajiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
TKat13
Mach-T

Not sure how much damage you had or how hard the hit but try resetting your inertia switch, it is a long shot as it should either be on or off but I would at least try it. It is in the trunk.

Not knowing the details of the accident, I would also look for any damage to fuel lines, check the fuel pressure, etc. Heck, while you are there, put a new fuel filter in it.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Shane@TM
Toledo Mustangs

Any DTC codes?

Check for a dirt MAF and check the MAF connections.

Replace the plugs (this may fix the misfire too), go for a short drive, come home and pull the plugs. The plugs that look new are the cylinders misfiring.

If they are wet - you are getting fuel and no spark. Swap the coil to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows the coil. If so, this coil is defective. If not, check for pinched or damaged wiring in the engine bay.

If they are dry - you are not getting fuel. Check for dirty/clogged injectors. You may switch the injector to another cylinder to see if the misfire follows the injector. If not, check for pinched or damaged wiring in the engine bay.
CRT PERFORMANCE TUNED
Shane@TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #6
01yellerCobra

Probably coincidence. I got rear ended in my old Mountaineer hard enough to bend the frame. Right afterwards I had miss fire show up. Ended up being a burnt plug wire. It was just timing.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote