2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #2126
bris09

Re: NASCAR thread

You guys are a treat. If it happened the other way around You'd be cursing Dumbo for the bump and run while applauding Carl for the 1st round of post race bumping and then cursing Dumbo for the second round of post race bumping. Keep them coming I can use the laughs.

I actually did watch the end of the race and enjoyed the fact that a Toyota didn't win.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #2127
Rustangin
Born to Run Built to Fly!

You Da Man Carl.....That was awesome....and if a Mr. Ed comment refers to the way Carl Edwards look then maybe Busch should take a good long look in the mirror and realize that good looking girlfriend of his more than likely is with him for his money. Suck it up Dumbo you got beat!
Rustangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #2128
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I like that fact that Carl stated that the fans wanted a rivalry and now they're going to get it.

Now it's Dumbo VS Mr. Ed...

And for the rest of the season, that's the way it'll be for me!

Can't wait for someone with some real photoshopping skills to run with that one...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #2129
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
You guys are a treat. If it happened the other way around You'd be cursing Dumbo for the bump and run while applauding Carl for the 1st round of post race bumping and then cursing Dumbo for the second round of post race bumping. Keep them coming I can use the laughs.

I actually did watch the end of the race and enjoyed the fact that a Toyota didn't win.

I don't like to see anyone get bumped out of the way to win. However, like I said, what goes around comes around. Kyle is one of the worst out there on the track. Michale Waltrip takes cars out on a weekly bases because he can't drive the thing. Kyle has the talent and chooses to do it because it's his style. You knock guys around and they will do it to you.

You often hear other drivers say I could have knocked him out of the way but he hasn't raced that way with me so I didn't with him. However, I don't think Buschleague is going to get that respect. He has many times after a race said he was in my way so I pushed him out of the way. I can't think of anyone other than the other idiots in the JGR team that would have not knocked him out of the way.

And if Carl Edwards would have bumped anyone but Kyle Busch out of the way intentially I would have had a problem with it. I don't think for a minute if it were Ryan Newman, Mark Martin, Dale JR., or others in front he would have done it. Like he said(and I believe him) would he do it to me. If the answer was no I think he wouldn't have. Sorry Kyle, you've made your bed being the AZZHOLE of Nascar and now you are going to have to live with it.

As for bumping a car after the race, I don't care if it's Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, or the best driver in Nascar, Jeff Gordon I think it's classless and no room for it. Kyle should be hit hard with fines and penalties and any other driver that does that.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #2130
bris09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
As for bumping a car after the race, I don't care if it's Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, or the best driver in Nascar, Jeff Gordon I think it's classless and no room for it. Kyle should be hit hard with fines and penalties and any other driver that does that.
I agree but that would mean Carl deserves it too.

As I said in one of these threads, Dumbo shares Dale Sr's thoughts on passing. If you can't pass them clean then push them out of the way. And now that Carl has made it clear he is willing to do it to win he and his fans have no room to complain the next time it happens to him. That is one reason I always liked Mark Martin, he would wreck himself instead of taking another car out no matter who it was. That is a real class act.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #2131
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:

Ofcourse Einstien, were FORD guys and Carl is a classy guy. Cannot say the same for ole asshat Kyle.

I have not watched in a while, but Carl does not "bump & run" often. Seeing him do it to a regular "bump & run" guy is what makes it great.
Now if Carl drove like "Dumbo" in every race I would not care much for him either.

Kyle sucks, bottom line!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #2132
ylopony

Quote:
I agree but that would mean Carl deserves it too.

As I said in one of these threads, Dumbo shares Dale Sr's thoughts on passing. If you can't pass them clean then push them out of the way. And now that Carl has made it clear he is willing to do it to win he and his fans have no room to complain the next time it happens to him. That is one reason I always liked Mark Martin, he would wreck himself instead of taking another car out no matter who it was. That is a real class act.
I didn't care much for Dale Sr either. I'm not into the bumper car mentality. As for this episode between Edwards and Dumbo. Most fail to forget that earlier in the year Dumbo took Edwards out in a Nationwide race and then afterword's said "sorry but that is racing".

Again another saying that most of us have heard. "Payback is a beatch". They are only playing by Kyle's rules. Again, if that were Mark Martin, Jr, or others Carl would not have done it.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #2133
Rustangin
Born to Run Built to Fly!

Quote:
I was right there with ya until you said that best driver in nascar bit about Jeff Gordon ... give me a break....Gordon (former nascar poster child) has seen his better days go by. Nascar wanted a new face so they chose Kyle Busch....that's the way it's always been in Nascar....I never cared for the guy...but Dale Sr. would drive circles around Jeff Gordon any day. And there are alot more who could do the same.
Rustangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #2134
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustangin View Post
I was right there with ya until you said that best driver in nascar bit about Jeff Gordon ... give me a break....Gordon (former nascar poster child) has seen his better days go by. Nascar wanted a new face so they chose Kyle Busch....that's the way it's always been in Nascar....I never cared for the guy...but Dale Sr. would drive circles around Jeff Gordon any day. And there are alot more who could do the same.
Hate Gordon you may but the facts speak for themselves. He may not be having the best season right now but he is the best Driver in Nascar over the past 10 years and one of the best in history. That is a fact whether you like him or not. And you also say that Sr. would drive circles around Jeff Gordon any day. Well lets look at the facts.

First off I will admit that I was not a big Dale Sr. fan. However, I will not allow dislike or indiffernce toward a driver blind my opinion of them. Just like Kyle Busch. I hate this guy but he could possible be the most talented guy on the track right now and possible can someday rank amoung the greatest with guys like Petty, Earnhardt, Waltrip(not Mikey) and yes Gordon.

Ok, back to the facts.

Dale Sr. won 76 races had 428 top 10's and 22 poles in his career. He also won the cup series 80,86,87,90,91,93, and 94. That is an impressive 7 times.

Jeff Gordon has won 81 races, has 328 top 10's, and 65 poles.(ok you sickies out there LOL) He won the cup in 95,97,98, and 2001. That is also a very impressive 4 times. IN addition if the point system was the same as when Sr. was racing and before this Bullsh** playoff that they have Gordon would have won it an additional 2 years including last year. I will admit he was at his best in the 90's but he is far from washed up especially after last year.

Now let's look at side by side. You say that Sr. would run circles around Gordon any day. Well he did have his chance and he did not. lets look at the years they raced against each other.

93 Gordon 0 wins Earnhardt 6
94 Gordon 2 wins Earnhardt 4
95 Gordon 7 wins Earnhardt 5
96 Gordon 10 Earnhardt 2
97 Gordon 10 Earnhardt 0
98 Gordon 13 Earnhardt 1
99 Gordon 7 Earnhardt 3
00 Gordon 3 Earnhardt 2

Total Gordon 52 Earnhardt 23

Winston cups Gordon 3 Earnhardt 2

That there are the facts. Both are among the greatest in history. One was liked because he was a good ole boy with Nascar roots from the deep south and a good driver. The other while liked by many was also jeered by many because he was not a good ole boy. He preferred Chardonay instead of Budweiser. He wore Dockers instead of Wranglers. He opened the sport to others that are not from the south. And let's not forget that he came in during the reign of Dale Sr. and took many wins and perhaps a few titles away. IF there were no Dale Sr. I don't think most would dislike him today.

Now you have the rest of the story.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #2135
beerformeplz
Roll Tide !

Quote:
Hate Gordon you may but the facts speak for themselves. He may not be having the best season right now but he is the best Driver in Nascar over the past 10 years and one of the best in history. That is a fact whether you like him or not. And you also say that Sr. would drive circles around Jeff Gordon any day. Well lets look at the facts.

First off I will admit that I was not a big Dale Sr. fan. However, I will not allow dislike or indiffernce toward a driver blind my opinion of them. Just like Kyle Busch. I hate this guy but he could possible be the most talented guy on the track right now and possible can someday rank amoung the greatest with guys like Petty, Earnhardt, Waltrip(not Mikey) and yes Gordon.

Ok, back to the facts.

Dale Sr. won 76 races had 428 top 10's and 22 poles in his career. He also won the cup series 80,86,87,90,91,93, and 94. That is an impressive 7 times.

Jeff Gordon has won 81 races, has 328 top 10's, and 65 poles.(ok you sickies out there LOL) He won the cup in 95,97,98, and 2001. That is also a very impressive 4 times. IN addition if the point system was the same as when Sr. was racing and before this Bullsh** playoff that they have Gordon would have won it an additional 2 years including last year. I will admit he was at his best in the 90's but he is far from washed up especially after last year.

Now let's look at side by side. You say that Sr. would run circles around Gordon any day. Well he did have his chance and he did not. lets look at the years they raced against each other.

93 Gordon 0 wins Earnhardt 6
94 Gordon 2 wins Earnhardt 4
95 Gordon 7 wins Earnhardt 5
96 Gordon 10 Earnhardt 2
97 Gordon 10 Earnhardt 0
98 Gordon 13 Earnhardt 1
99 Gordon 7 Earnhardt 3
00 Gordon 3 Earnhardt 2

Total Gordon 52 Earnhardt 23

Winston cups Gordon 3 Earnhardt 2

That there are the facts. Both are among the greatest in history. One was liked because he was a good ole boy with Nascar roots from the deep south and a good driver. The other while liked by many was also jeered by many because he was not a good ole boy. He preferred Chardonay instead of Budweiser. He wore Dockers instead of Wranglers. He opened the sport to others that are not from the south. And let's not forget that he came in during the reign of Dale Sr. and took many wins and perhaps a few titles away. IF there were no Dale Sr. I don't think most would dislike him today.

Now you have the rest of the story.
I like your sig but Gordon???

I was hoping him and Tony would hook up agian late in the race. "I didnt do nothing to him",lol.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #2136
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerformeplz View Post
I like your sig but Gordon???

I was hoping him and Tony would hook up agian late in the race. "I didnt do nothing to him",lol.
I was almost wanting to see Kyle catch up to Edwards. Now that would have been an interesting final few laps.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #2137
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
When they widened the track 3 feet last year they really ruined the tradition of nail biting racing at Bristol. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................
AMEN!!

In the good ole days, that love tap wouldn't have made the hightlight films. Give me a break, to complain about that tap at Bristol is like complaining that the beer wasn't cold enough. Hey Busch, catch him and tap him back if it upsets you so much. Ask the Jeff Gordon and Rusty Wallace if that is what racing at Bristol is like. Heck, I think I saw Gordon bump Rusty to win the race on the last lap like four times!!

Like T-Bolt said, they screwed up the track with the reconfig last year. Now the most exciting race in NASCAR (and that doesn't take much) is a snoozer compaired to the way it used to be.
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #2138
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
AMEN!!

In the good ole days, that love tap wouldn't have made the hightlight films. Give me a break, to complain about that tap at Bristol is like complaining that the beer wasn't cold enough. Hey Busch, catch him and tap him back if it upsets you so much. Ask the Jeff Gordon and Rusty Wallace if that is what racing at Bristol is like. Heck, I think I saw Gordon bump Rusty to win the race on the last lap like four times!!

Like T-Bolt said, they screwed up the track with the reconfig last year. Now the most exciting race in NASCAR (and that doesn't take much) is a snoozer compaired to the way it used to be.
I remember that.
Back then, Punk Gordon kept bumping Rusty,
and you just don't do that.
I remember clapping hard and loud when the payback occurred.
Also I recall Little Jeffy walking back to the garage
with a spoiled child look on his face.

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #2139
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

The bump and run is part of racing at Bristol. Dumbo shouldn't complain about Carl doing it cause Kyle has done it plenty of times before. Carl doesn't normally race like that but like he said in his interview, he was asking himself if Kyle would do it to him and he said that yes because Kyle has done it to him before. Just as he has done to plenty of other drivers. Would I be complaining about Kyle if he would have given Carl the bump and run, HECK NO cause it's part of racing. As long as you don't wreck the guy doing it.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #2140
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

I always considered the "bump and run" to be front fender to rear quarter, not bumper to bumper. Carl hit him square in the rear--The Shrub (or Dale Sr. for that matter) would have hit Carl in the rear quarter and spun him out. What Carl did was nothing more than a NUDGE! And it's not like the Shrub didn't have 40 laps to try to catch him! Sore loser, plain and simple.

BTW, I'm loving the "Flipper and Shrub" show! Nice to see a little personality back in the sport...

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #2141
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
Hey Busch, catch him and tap him back if it upsets you so much.

1) The Shrub did wail him back pretty much right away except it didn't work out lol.

2) I do agree the reconfiguration of the track makes for boring racing but the real problem with Bristol stems from the introduction of the Chase back in 2004. I was there for the final Winston Cup race in 2003 and it was incredible. The next year so many people were trying not to lose points for fear of not making the Chase it was a snooze fest and has been ever since. I think Richmond is now better than Bristol because half of the Chase field is locked in and actually driving for a win and the other half is desperate to make the Chase so they're willing to take risks.

3) The COT sucks, plain and simple. There is very little excitement and I for one DVR the races so I can skim through the 90% that's boring as hell.

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #2142
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
I think Richmond is now better than Bristol
I definitely agree. I really liked Richmond even before they changed Bristol. I've been to Martinsville, and definitely I would love for my next short track to be Richmond. If I still lived in the midwest it would definitely be a possiblity, but being way out here their's slim to no chance of that. The people I go with on my Nascar trips now mainly go to Daytona, Talladega, and Kansas. I'm penciled in to go to Talladega next spring. Saw Earnhardt Sr. win his last race ever in 2000 there, just months before his death.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #2143
birdman941
Torque wins!

For those who think Jeffy is a great driver:
In the Jack Roush interview after the race,
he stated (again) that some drivers cannot adapt
or do not have the ABILITY to adapt to the COT.
He was talking about Jeffy.
Notice that JJ does, and so does Jr.?

5.4 32V NA

Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #2144
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
I
BTW, I'm loving the "Flipper and Shrub" show! Nice to see a little personality back in the sport...
Naw...it's the Mr. Ed VS Dumbo championship knock down, drag out!

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #2145
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
For those who think Jeffy is a great driver:
In the Jack Roush interview after the race,
he stated (again) that some drivers cannot adapt
or do not have the ABILITY to adapt to the COT.
He was talking about Jeffy.
Notice that JJ does, and so does Jr.?
It's absolutely ridiculous(sp) to even think that someone who has the number of wins that Gordon has to not be a great driver. A lousy driver may get lucky and win a few in their career. Michael Waltrip is one that comes to mind. However, you don't win 81 races in a career and rank amoung the tops and not be a great driver. Sorry, I don't like Tony Stewart and I can admit he's a good driver. I was not crazy about Dale Sr. but he was a great driver. I can admit greatness in individuals and teams that I don't like. Another example would be the Steelers. I hate that freaking team but I can't deny that is a great franchise. To say anything less of them or even Dale Sr. would show that I really am blinded with reality. (or Gordon in your case).

Again, let's look at the facts. While Jeff Gordon is winless this year that hadly means that he's not a great driver. let's look at some numbers of those in the chase.

Edwards(Impressive) Roush boy and having a great year.
wins 6 top 5's 11 top 10's 18

Biffle
wins 0 top 5's 7 top 10's 10

Kenseth
wins 0 top 5's 5 top 10's 14

Stewart
wins 0 top 5's 8 top 10's 12

Gordon
wins 0 top 5's 9 top 10's 11

Seems to me that there are two very good drivers in the Roush camp with no wins and two excellent drivers in Stewart and Gordon with no wins as well. Either way they are all still in the top 10 and should finish in the cup race in the next few weeks.

I don't think for a minute Jack Roush who is an intelligent man would even think for a second that Gordon does not have the ability. I think it's more like some looking into a slice of molded bread and see the Virgin Mary. In other words they see or hear what they want to hear.

Now there are some such as Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Kurt Busch, Elliott Sadler, and Jamie McMurray who are really strugling. Perhaps if Jack said this he could be talking more about these good to average drivers that just can't break into the top 12.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #2146
birdman941
Torque wins!

The fact remains that Jeffy cannot get a handle on the COT.
JJ has gotten the handle on it.
Dale Jr. has.
Jeffy learned on the Aero cars and cannot seem to get a grip on the COT.
Many have not, and Jeffy is one of them.

5.4 32V NA

Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #2147
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
The fact remains that Jeffy cannot get a handle on the COT.
JJ has gotten the handle on it.
Dale Jr. has.
Jeffy learned on the Aero cars and cannot seem to get a grip on the COT.
Many have not, and Jeffy is one of them.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just not seeing the thinking in this. If he were out of the top 10 I could see that. I agree this has not been a great year. However, talk to me in another year and I'll be willing to say that if it's a repeat of this year. I see a lot of very good drivers who just are not having good years this year. In the Roush team I see Biffle & Kenseth struggling. Gordon is only 33 points behind Biffle for 7th.

Is some of the problem the COT? absolutly. But with all these drivers in the top 10 without wins I"m not buying what you are saying. If fact with the top 12 drivers 3 of them have 16 wins and the remaining 9 have 6 total wins. That is Dumbo 8 wins, Edwards 6 wins, and Johnson 2 wins. There are 5 drivers in the top 12 with 0 wins. Let's save this post and take a look next year.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #2148
beerformeplz
Roll Tide !

Quote:
I was almost wanting to see Kyle catch up to Edwards. Now that would have been an interesting final few laps.
Yea Denny should have got out of the way and let Kyle run him down. I was hoping STewart would catch Gordon.
As for Richmond I will be there and hopefully Kyle will get Carl like he got JR at the last Richmond race.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #2149
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I can't believe it just hit me, but I've got the perfect penalty for Gibbs after their little 'oops' in the Nationwide series test. Instead of points being taken, and fines being levied and crew chiefs suspended, NASCAR should have simply let the Gibbs-Yotas run in the rest of season...just like they were set up for the test...with the pedal spacers in place! That should cost them money, points, and a chimp...er, championship.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #2150
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
I can't believe it just hit me, but I've got the perfect penalty for Gibbs after their little 'oops' in the Nationwide series test. Instead of points being taken, and fines being levied and crew chiefs suspended, NASCAR should have simply let the Gibbs-Yotas run in the rest of season...just like they were set up for the test...with the pedal spacers in place! That should cost them money, points, and a chimp...er, championship.

Perfect.

5.4 32V NA