2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results

Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results Questions, experiences & results for electronic tuning and dyno tests

Old 08-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
SouthKak_Mach1

Bama X4 Custom Tunes

So I received my Bama X4 Tuner from American Muscle a couple days with 3 custom tunes (93 octane - Street, 93 octane - Performance, and 93 octane - Race). Instructions were pretty simple and straight forward. So far I've tried out the Street and Performance custom tunes. Both tunes really woke up the Mach. Only mods that I have are Borla Stingers and C&L CAI. Tune increased throttle response and really helped with firming up the shifts since it's an auto transmission. So far I've haven't noticed any error codes, rough idle, smoke, etc...Very smooth power delivery across the power band. Can't wait to test out the 93 octane Race tune! Next mods will be 3.73 gears and Magnaflow catted X-pipe or maybe offroad Prochamber depending db levels. Don't want it to be obnoxiously loud. What are you guy's experience with Bama's X4 custom tunes?
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (DSG), Borla Stingers Catback, C&L CAI, SCT X4 Custom Tune, Black Chrome Rovos Durban Wheels (18x9 F, 18x10.5 R) on Nitto NT05s (275/35/18 F, 295/35/18 R), Pioneer AVH-4200NEX Receiver, MM C/C Plates, Rolled Rear Fenders, Eibach Sportlines/Struts/Shocks, Raxiom Smoked Taillights/Third Brake Light/LED Bulbs, Clear Headlights w/ Black Housing, Polished Aluminum Interior Accents, 30% Window Tint, Tinted Side Markers, Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps, Black Shorty Antenna
SouthKak_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
96gt02

Re: Bama X4 Custom Tunes

Bamas tunes really suck for these cars, i would recommend just about any reputable tuner over bama and you would be better off
JLT Next Gen CAI (fenderwell), VAP 5/8 Plenum Spacer, 10" Ported Short Runner Intake (Roy), Bassani Mid Length Headers, Bassani O/R X Pipe, Mac 3" Catback, March Fluid Dampener, Hydro-boost and WP Pulleys, FRPP Aluminum DS, Ported Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, 315/35/17's Tuned by Wicked Motorsports
96gt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
01yellerCobra

Supposedly my 04 had a Bama tune when I bought it. The PO never gave me the tuner. The car ran fine when with it. I even stayed ahead of my buddies Charger SRT8. But it was a soft tune. The timing was low and A/F was a little lean for me. So I retuned my car myself.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

I had mine tuned by Bama in 2012 and I had to have them redo it 5 times to get it right. I had pinging really bad at first. They had me switch to Autolite 104 copper plugs and it helped a little, but I made them datalog for the last few iterations. I didn't like how the other tunes ran, so I just made them focus on getting one right. I hear they are better at tuning now, but I still went with someone else. I got a base tune from LaSota Racing for $50. He will have you datalog and make more performance adjustments for another $50, so it's actually pretty cheap IMO, especially for one from someone with so much experience. I've also been able to switch back to stock plugs. It runs smoother and no problems with any acceleration now and I was able to keep my X3 tuner. He can handle the newer X4 tuners as well. I'm not saying you will have problems, but they just don't have a very good track record, especially with the 4.6L 4v engines.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
SouthKak_Mach1

Thank for you input guys! Once I add a few more bolt ons I will look into getting the Mach dyno tuned. For now the Bama custom tunes are okay.
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (DSG), Borla Stingers Catback, C&L CAI, SCT X4 Custom Tune, Black Chrome Rovos Durban Wheels (18x9 F, 18x10.5 R) on Nitto NT05s (275/35/18 F, 295/35/18 R), Pioneer AVH-4200NEX Receiver, MM C/C Plates, Rolled Rear Fenders, Eibach Sportlines/Struts/Shocks, Raxiom Smoked Taillights/Third Brake Light/LED Bulbs, Clear Headlights w/ Black Housing, Polished Aluminum Interior Accents, 30% Window Tint, Tinted Side Markers, Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps, Black Shorty Antenna
SouthKak_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote