2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
mach007

Do you own or rent?

How many of you own a home, as in paid off? Have you ever asked yourself " What makes me a property owner? If so why are you continuosly paying a yearly "rent" to occupy it? What would the outcome be if you were to stop paying your property taxes? Are we tenants or owners!? Welcome to modern day slavery folks!

To think, we're told this place is the land of the free. Yeah, sure...

You have me all wrong if you think I hate this country. Oh no no no I love it here because of the opportunity we COULD'VE had as a nation if the government wasn't always "watching out" for you. I just hate the people in charge. rant over.

Any inputs or questions you may have should be posted. Let's keep suggesstive thinking out and begin with critical/free thinking! Lets talk politics! Anyone?? Keep it friendly
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Front LCA poly bushings
Steeda X2's and Bumpsteer
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
275/40/17 & 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R's
mach007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
shadowmaker

Re: Do you own or rent?

The same is true with cars. I ve had the same truck since 1987. It still cost me $40-$50 every yr in taxes. They were suppose to do away with taxes on cars x number of yrs old. Then the next governor came in and repealed it.

As far as a house, I m buying it. I was told how much better it is to 'own' it instead of 'rent' it. (I was renting from a friend and bought the house) Well, I dont really know if its better or not. I m responsible for up keep, maintenance, insurance, property taxes, etc etc etc. I was told I could take my interest off my taxes. Well, guess what, I cant. I dont have enough deductions. Yes, its nice that its mine and I can do what I want.

As far as the govt, its broke. Only way to fix it is start over with ALL new people who arent corrupted.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
mach007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6u...eature=related
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
03BumbleBee

Well we actually paid off our house at the beginning of the year, little more than 13 years early. Still does not feel real!

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
The same is true with cars. I ve had the same truck since 1987. It still cost me $40-$50 every yr in taxes. They were suppose to do away with taxes on cars x number of yrs old. Then the next governor came in and repealed it.

As far as a house, I m buying it. I was told how much better it is to 'own' it instead of 'rent' it. (I was renting from a friend and bought the house) Well, I dont really know if its better or not. I m responsible for up keep, maintenance, insurance, property taxes, etc etc etc. I was told I could take my interest off my taxes. Well, guess what, I cant. I dont have enough deductions. Yes, its nice that its mine and I can do what I want.

As far as the govt, its broke. Only way to fix it is start over with ALL new people who arent corrupted.
I "bought" a home as well, but the thought of having to pay a yearly "fee" or else my home will no longer be mine, but theirs, is insanity! Do you know what I mean? What sort of freedom is this? The only freedoms or options US citizens have are, "What banking institution will I bank with? What dept. store will earn my cash? What kind of coffee will I be drinking this morning? What fast food will I be killing myself slowly with? Which one out of the 100 plus sports channels will I be tuning into etc.

It's all BS. Am I the only one who percieves it as mentioned above?

Question this, why do we have to pay a tax in order to drive a vehicle that we worked hard for? Insurance is understandable, but can be debatable.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BumbleBee View Post
Well we actually paid off our house at the beginning of the year, little more than 13 years early. Still does not feel real!
You paid it off? Congrats! But if you stopped paying the property taxes does it make it yours? No. They'll take your home and have a Police Officer evict you from what you thought was yours. Right? It's like you never owned anything to begin with.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Be my guest and don't pay anything then. I'm proud to have served my country. I'm glad I got a condo I call home. Bills are a fact of life. Don't like it? Then kick a can over to the next country. See how great it is there. Quit whining.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
un gm
occasional user

The current state of the economy definitely makes buying a home less lucrative than 8 years ago. Interest rates and existing home prices are still low ( depending where you want to live). I would say buy a house if you plan on living in it for more than 10 years. Don't buy more home than you can afford and it's like money in the bank. This economy will come back around eventually. Do your research and treat it like the biggest investment of your life.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

I own my house outright . No mortgage, no loans, nada...and it's a great feeling!!!
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
donjuaniii
Laid Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
You paid it off? Congrats! But if you stopped paying the property taxes does it make it yours? No. They'll take your home and have a Police Officer evict you from what you thought was yours. Right? It's like you never owned anything to begin with.
Pretty sure your property taxes pay for community services like fire, ambulance, police, schools etc.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Be my guest and don't pay anything then. I'm proud to have served my country. I'm glad I got a condo I call home. Bills are a fact of life. Don't like it? Then kick a can over to the next country. See how great it is there. Quit whining.
You clearly failed to read my first post. This isn't about like or disliking the country. This is questioning the status quo! Something you obviously don't do because you're too "proud"...pffff. Spare me the propoganda sir and let's keep this moving. Will you be proud when those of whom you've been serving continue to deteriorate your standard of living...deliberately? There's a patriot in every corner on every city block who's been blinded by this nonsense. Besides, those who are part of the system can only be a part of the problem, therefore their opinions doesn't count. It's bias. It's like asking someone who's on welfare if they think the system their currently on needs change. LOL

BTW, If I were to be as complacent as you then that would make me un-patriotic. ;-)

Looking forward to your response.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's

Last edited by mach007; 06-11-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuaniii View Post
Pretty sure your property taxes pay for community services like fire, ambulance, police, schools etc.
Or at least they should be paying for those service. Look at the City of Bell for example! Do you honestly believe that this is an issue that only plagues states like Ca. NJ. and NY and Illinois!? This is happenning in every district of this nation, but people refuse to challenge it. Just because it's not televised doesn't mean corruption is non existant in your area. It's there, but people refuse to scratch the surface. They prefer to lay down, and support the corruption. And they wonder why so many foreigners hate us.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
I own my house outright . No mortgage, no loans, nada...and it's a great feeling!!!
You sir are one lucky individual.You're no longer a slave to debt!

Others on here may be saying, " You're not an American for not accumulating debt to keep the economy going".

Oh how un patriotic of you.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by un gm View Post
The current state of the economy definitely makes buying a home less lucrative than 8 years ago. Interest rates and existing home prices are still low ( depending where you want to live). I would say buy a house if you plan on living in it for more than 10 years. Don't buy more home than you can afford and it's like money in the bank. This economy will come back around eventually. Do your research and treat it like the biggest investment of your life.
You have a point. It was a big investment. I'm not upset with prices or interest rates, but with how we're swindled into paying a yearly tax for "owning" property. It goes back to what I was saying earlier, we're not owners regardless of how it was paid for because they have the RIGHT to snatch it away from you. If someone has that authority over the owner of the land then was he an owner at all?

As of now investments are risky if traded in dollars. The world's flooded with them,and soon they'll come home and HELLOOO inflation.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
You sir are one lucky individual.You're no longer a slave to debt!

Others on here may be saying, " You're not an American for not accumulating debt to keep the economy going".

Oh how un patriotic of you.
I busted my *** to get this way and didn't go on vacations or buy toys until the debts were paid off. And I'm dang glad I did.

I have no problem paying fair taxes (and what I pay right now is reasonable). It pays for schooling for my kid, police, fire service, infrastructure,etc. Without them, we wouldn't have the country (warts and all) that we do.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Dude, if you practiced what you preached you'd be living in a cave wearing nothing but a loincloth and chucking spears at a deer. Greed is in everything. Who the hell knows how much were really getting screwed with everything we buy or each bill we pay. People don't move up the chain by being nice. They're all back stabbing and speak with a fork tongue. So what do we do? Elect "honest" people ? Everyone rise up and overthrow the establishment? Then what? Everyone grab their free slab of land and build a Little House On The Prairie and live happily ever after? Talk about a dream world.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Life sucks and then you die.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #18
helomech74

I paid my house off last June (28 years early!!) I paid my house off in 2 years. Prior to that I paid off all my credit cards and vehicles. The only money I spend each month is gas, groceries and utilities. I pay auto and home insurance once a year and the only taxes I pay for the home is county property tax at a whopping 950 bucks a year. I guess it really all depends on where you live in the country to be honest.

I grew up in California (Hermosa Beach area) and will NEVER move back to that state. I left when I was 17 and never went back. All my relatives except for one uncle and a couple cousins left long ago as well.

Personally I don't mind paying taxes associated with my state or county, I don't agree with Federal income taxes at all, but I pay them just to keep the Feds from kicking my door in and creating a smaller version of Ruby Ridge on my property. There are several places you can go though and buy land and it's yours free and clear if you pay if off, no taxes no nothing. The flip side to that is, there also isn't any utilities or services either. So, if you want to live off the grid and be a survivalist, then that might be something to look into. Me personally, I like my comforts so I keep paying the taxes.
helomech74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #19
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

OMFG, speaking of property taxes...our property taxes a month are only $128.00 LESS than our mortgage a month...

it is absolutely sickening

2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT500....lots of mods

2003 TR-Mach 1, 6 speed...too many mods to be slow, too much money spent to be fast! -SOLD but will forever be remembered!

"People say you can abuse marijuana. You can abuse cheeseburgers. Does that mean we should close Burger Kings." – Joe Rogan
SpeedofSoundN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #20
65fastback2+2
Too many cars to mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by un gm View Post
This economy will come back around eventually.
I had to at this.

This IS the "come back around" economy

Previous Rides:
2003 DSG Lightning, 486/586, 12.09@111.25
2007 F150 Lariat 4wd Screw
2004 OW Mach 1, auto, 1 of 179
2003 DSG Mach 1, 574 rwhp / 528 rwtq
2003 DSG Mach 1, 13.1 @ 109.1
1988 Mustang GT, stock
1967 TB Coupe, project
1965 Fastback 2+2, A-code
65fastback2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
FL Mach 1
Nitrous Lizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedofSoundN2O View Post
OMFG, speaking of property taxes...our property taxes a month are only $128.00 LESS than our mortgage a month...

it is absolutely sickening
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Our property taxes are around $50-60 a month.

Our property insurance is a different story.
2003 Azure blue Mach 1
member #13
FL Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
devous1
Chairman of "The Bored"

I couldn't imagine not owning my own house at this point in life. I couldn't imagine raising my family in rental property moving from time to time, you gotta have roots. When I'm at home it is MY home, if I wanna tear a wall down, or build a garage or pool I don't have to answer to anyone (other than the local zoning).

Renting just gives you more people to answer to and some one is still paying property taxes with your rental money.

Many here have already stated, I don't mind paying fair taxes to know I have police protection, fire, emergency, schooling, roads, etc. Crime is getting bad enough, take away public service and what do we have, Somolia in the US?

Last, don't get me wrong I'm a long way from liking our govt. The US is still one country where ANYONE can become one of the top 10%, or at least very wealthy.

03 TORCH RED MACH
V7 YSI and Some Other Stuff
03 DSG MACH
90 Kenny Brown Super LX
89 LX BBF as seen on Pinks 5/11-SOLD
11 F450 Lariat
A Couple Tuber Buells
devous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
I had to at this.

This IS the "come back around" economy
The new norm for unemployment will stay within todays current percentage rate. This is what they'll feed the people in order to believe, and some are already agreeing with them.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Dude, if you practiced what you preached you'd be living in a cave wearing nothing but a loincloth and chucking spears at a deer. Greed is in everything. Who the hell knows how much were really getting screwed with everything we buy or each bill we pay. People don't move up the chain by being nice. They're all back stabbing and speak with a fork tongue. So what do we do? Elect "honest" people ? Everyone rise up and overthrow the establishment? Then what? Everyone grab their free slab of land and build a Little House On The Prairie and live happily ever after? Talk about a dream world.
I don't expect the world to change overnight. It takes time in order to do so. Do I expect a Utopian society once that change is in progress? Nope, but the few bad apples can be reduced.

When you said, "Who the hell knows how much we're really getting screwed with everything we buy or each bill we pay" isn't that what a secret and secluded govt. does to keep it's constituents in the dark? A free and open society on the other hand would be the direct opposite of what you and I don't know. I do blieve it's possible.

Imagine, if the human species were to come together and work as a unit; selfless over selfishness, where we would stand as a species? I can assure you it'll be easier to wipe out issues like world hunger, poverty, disease, homelessness etc. I'm aware that the earth has limited resources, but with technological advancements some of those resources can be bypassed or made more efficiently.

We are consuming ourselves slowly yet no one seems to notice or even care. Just as those upstairs would like us to think.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's

Last edited by mach007; 06-13-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
mach007

QUOTE=devous1;1397582]I couldn't imagine not owning my own house at this point in life. I couldn't imagine raising my family in rental property moving from time to time, you gotta have roots. When I'm at home it is MY home, if I wanna tear a wall down, or build a garage or pool I don't have to answer to anyone (other than the local zoning).

Renting just gives you more people to answer to and some one is still paying property taxes with your rental money.

True

Many here have already stated, I don't mind paying fair taxes to know I have police protection, fire, emergency, schooling, roads, etc. Crime is getting bad enough, take away public service and what do we have, Somolia in the US?
[B] Taxes aren't directed towards these public sectors most of the time. Schools, fire depts., police depts., and road contruction continues to see cuts every quarter, but you're still paying the same amount of taxes. So what gives? [B]

Last, don't get me wrong I'm a long way from liking our govt. The US is still one country where ANYONE can become one of the top 10%, or at least very wealthy.[/QUOTE]

How? So many rules and regulations have been put in place making the economic environment harder for entrepreneurs to start. These rules and regulations were put in place in order to do just that. Keep the populace dependant on big corporations and keep them from becoming independant.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's