2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Regional Area Forums > US-NorthEast Region

US-NorthEast Region WV, VA, PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, ME, VT, NH

Old 08-07-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
MikeMach1
-

NJ Racetracks in trouble because of new legislation proposal

Quote:

ATTENTION RACEFANS:

Raceway Park needs your help and support!!!

On Thursday August 5th, a Public Meeting is being held to discuss the noise levels that affect the residents of Manalapan and Englishtown. Monmouth County Assemblymen Michael J. Panter and Robert L. Morgan will discuss their recent legislation proposal to remove the Motor Vehicle Racetrack Exemption from the Noise Control Act of 1971. This exemption is what makes it possible for racetracks of all types to operate unmuffled vehicles. This move would be devastating to Raceway Park, and could set off a number of changes the way racetracks operate both here in our area and all over the state. Founded in 1965, long before the wave of housing developments that now dominate our area, Raceway Park has remained a place for motorsport enthusiasts of all kinds to come and enjoy the sports they love. Raceway Park has been able to stay open these many years based largely in part on the vocal support of the many local race fans who have helped us to fend off these attacks in the past.
We now ask for that support again, so that we may silence those who oppose Raceway Park once and for all. The meeting is open to the public and will take place on Thursday August 5th at 7:00 PM in Manalapan Township at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters located at 125 Symmes Rd. The library is a mere 1/4 mile from the corner of Route 9 and Symmes Rd. and very easy to access. If you are unable to attend, please contact Assemblymen Panter and Assemblymen Morgan at 732-741-5599 and voice your opinion. You may also fax your thoughts to 732-741-0012 or contact them via email at AsmPanter@njleg.org or AsmMorgan@njleg.org. If you e-mail, please copy Raceway Park at etownrcwy@aol.com. You can send a letter to them at New Jersey General Assembly, Legislative Office, The Galleria, 2 Bridge Avenue, Bldg. 2, Red Bank, New Jersey 07701. Please come out and support Raceway Park, the home of fast family fun for over 40 years and for many years to come.

Online Petition: www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/600108155

- Mike
MikeMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:05 AM   #2
ShakeMe

Welcome to what we have to deal with in CA. Tracks are shutting down left and right out here and we only had a few to start with

Feb 09 N2O 10.91 @ 124.21(1.55 60ft)
Feb 09 NA 11.85 @ 112.87 (1.60 60ft)
ShakeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
grodgers
I *need* boost...

Re: NJ Racetracks in trouble because of new legislation proposal

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMach1
Online Petition: www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/600108155

- Mike
Big article about this on pg. 17 of the Newark Star Ledger (Sunday, 8/8/04). The threat is real this time..

The township has granted approval for a developer to build houses directly abutting the Raceway Park property.

It's amazing...I hate this state - it's time to move on...

Bad news for Raceway Park

Some Loud Stuff
Some Look-Good Stuff
Some Go-Fast Stuff
grodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #4
Rochard

This reminds me of people bitching about airports, starting with Luke Air Force Base outside of Phoenix. When these places were built they were built in the middle of no place so that no one would be bothered by the noise. Now that houses have been built right next to them...... Too bad. You knew that the house was right next to an airport / airbase / raceway, and you knew there would be noise. Get over it.

I used to go to Englishtown when I was a little kid. Would be a shame to have it shut down because people are stupid.
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
grodgers
I *need* boost...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rochard
This reminds me of people bitching about airports, starting with Luke Air Force Base outside of Phoenix. When these places were built they were built in the middle of no place so that no one would be bothered by the noise. Now that houses have been built right next to them...... Too bad. You knew that the house was right next to an airport / airbase / raceway, and you knew there would be noise. Get over it.

I used to go to Englishtown when I was a little kid. Would be a shame to have it shut down because people are stupid.
Unfortunately, it's not because people are stupid..... It's because it's become a "poor me me me" world and NJ has waaaaaaay too many lawyers...

Some Loud Stuff
Some Look-Good Stuff
Some Go-Fast Stuff
grodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #6
RnJstel

It’s a **** shame losing or potentially losing E-town, Atco and Island will probably be next.

We just relocated from the armpit Metro NY area and while packing I found my late fathers handwritten timeslips from 65-66-67 at E-town. I almost cried thinking about it.

It used to be farm country in Old Bridge but, now it is just part of the big smelly disgusting NY sprawl. Nothing but F”ing soccer moms and there loser “wont someone think of the children” husbands building next to Englishtown. I mean what do you think idiot It has been there for almost 40 years and it’s a dragstrip.
RnJstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:19 PM   #7
17368_Mach1

NJ Racetrack Problems

This is a SAD issue and requires all racers and/or fans that visit these facilities to voice their response on this as I have. If we the racers or fans do not do our part to put a stop to it, the only place left to race? will be on the street, and that is NOT where we should be. One point that I tried making with them is that the township where I am Chairman of that Planning Commission, requires all developers to add a clause to all plans basically stating that "the township is predominantly a rural farming community and residents may on occasions smell odors from farm animals . . . etc." This gives the township teeth to stop any complaints from residents in a new development when a farmer spreads a load of manure in a field or someone hears a rooster crowing at 4:30 in the morning. The same issues goes for race tracks; if ya wanna live next door to a race track, you must expect noise coming from it when they are in operation. What this boils down to is a small handful of individuals trying to take peoples rights, just for the almighty dollar and a developer. If you enjoy the sport as I do, give these tracks your support. These issues need to be addressed and stopped now or the ripple effect will hurt all of us in the long run elsewhere too. Thanks in advance...

'03 Mach 1 - DSG w/IUP
'96 Impala SS
17368_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #8
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnJstel View Post
It’s a **** shame losing or potentially losing E-town, Atco and Island will probably be next.

We just relocated from the armpit Metro NY area and while packing I found my late fathers handwritten timeslips from 65-66-67 at E-town. I almost cried thinking about it.

It used to be farm country in Old Bridge but, now it is just part of the big smelly disgusting NY sprawl. Nothing but F”ing soccer moms and there loser “wont someone think of the children” husbands building next to Englishtown. I mean what do you think idiot It has been there for almost 40 years and it’s a dragstrip.
Wonder if my mother wrote those time slips. She worked at Etown and that's one of the jobs she did back in the 1960's.

Sad to read this post today and to know that E-town did close its drag race operations down this year and sounds like they are shut down for good. Still keeping hope alive for Island Dragway & for Atco to stay open.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #9
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
Wonder if my mother wrote those time slips. She worked at Etown and that's one of the jobs she did back in the 1960's.

Sad to read this post today and to know that E-town did close its drag race operations down this year and sounds like they are shut down for good. Still keeping hope alive for Island Dragway & for Atco to stay open.
IC engines are going away and the drag strips are most likely all going with them unless a surge of interest in racing electric cars develops. It's something we have to come to terms with as "car guys". I'm in the semiconductor industry and we are heavy in to building products that will control autonomous features in cars in the very near future. It's almost over.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #10
RnJstel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post

Holy Ghost thread Batman!!! Boy I was angry in 2004!!! I can’t believe the email notification was still active...

If I come across them, I’ll post a pic.

😁
RnJstel is offline   Reply With Quote