2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Question Tipping at a restaurant

If you are served by twins at the same time, do you have to tip.double?

_
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
Tcarter

Re: Tipping at a restaurant

yes 1/2 and 1/2
Tcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

so what "restaurant" is this

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #4
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Chili's

Just to clarify, they are female.

Not intentionally being sexist, but yeah, probably would not be a question worth asking otherwise.
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

one tip, let them split it.
I think I am the worest when it comes to tipping, if they suck, then I don't want to leave anything. its the persons job and if they do great then I want to tip them for how good they did.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
Fauxnali
What's Shakin'

There's a restraunt up here in Edmonton, West End Sawmill, and in the lounge they have Identical twin girls. I once asked what the specials were and they said at the same time on opposite ends of the table "Twins!". I almost spit my beer across the table.

1985 Mustang GT T-tops
Sold

2003 Azure Blue
IUP Automatic
One of 453
#2290 of 9652
Built on February 24th 2003
Eibach Pro-Kit, no ISO's in rear
Magnapacks CatBacks
Mac O/R X-pipe
K&N Drop in filter
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
SCT Tuned by Bama
Best 1/4 13.34 @ 104.40

Instagram @johnny_kipp
Fauxnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxnali View Post
There's a restraunt up here in Edmonton, West End Sawmill, and in the lounge they have Identical twin girls. I once asked what the specials were and they said at the same time on opposite ends of the table "Twins!". I almost spit my beer across the table.
LOL

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:31 AM   #8
Jesse R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH302 View Post
one tip, let them split it.
I think I am the worest when it comes to tipping, if they suck, then I don't want to leave anything. its the persons job and if they do great then I want to tip them for how good they did.

ASh
I've worked in the restaurant business for years and will always tip well. Unless it's complete and utter crap service I will always tip 20% or more. There are so may variables when it comes to serving. People think it's an easy job but it really isnt doesn't matter what type of restaurant a server works in. It is a fast paced and stressful job. To tip a server crappy because your drink or food didn't come out within a ideal time frame, or your steak wasn't the right temp, or the food was cold, or you didn't like the way the meal tasted is just shitty. The server has no control on that. Your server isn't cooking your food or making your bar drinks, there at the mercy of the kitchen and bar themselves. If the kitchen and bar is tanking there is nothing the server can do. NOW if you order a filet mignon and receive salmon then your server ****ed up. If you order a filet mignon med rare but it comes out med well then the kitchen/grill guy ****ed up. Serving isn't an easy job. And remember your not the only guest their serving, they have 4 more tables and about 15 people taking care of, all with there own special needs and complaints. Take a look around the restaurant next time your out and watch your server more carefully, I guarantee you their doing a lot more then you think. And if you tip 20% the server only see's about 15% because the rest goes to other employees. So when You tip less then 10% or less the server actually ends up paying to serve you. Not to mention they rarely receive a paycheck because after taxes the 5$ and change an hour accounts for nothing.

Not trying to be a dick but serving is a hard job. You can make good money doing it. Not everyone can do it. It's organized chaos. And I swear to god if someone ever tells me there allergic to salt one more time I'm gonna stab them..lol. server rant off
Jesse R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #9
ICANGO

Jeez, this was on a web site already. Some guy ran into the situation and put it up. This is a car site.
ICANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:40 AM   #10
Jesse R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANGO View Post
Jeez, this was on a web site already. Some guy ran into the situation and put it up. This is a car site.
Lol you are right. I went off on a rant. I've just been on the serving side of a restaurant and see a perspective most don't ever. I wasnt going off on anyone here.

But hey this place is kinda quiet why not stir the pot a bit? Lol
Jesse R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
Fauxnali
What's Shakin'

My wife waitressed for ten years and quit about 12 years ago. She still has waitressing nightmares.
Kitchen crasshing, computers down etc...
She's was and still is a smokin' hot blonde and got proposed to and hit on on a regular basis, and she worked in a family restaraunt. Its a tough job no doubt, but it can pay well if you're good enough to build up a good base of regulars. Some days she made more in six hours as a waitress than I did in 10 hours as a mechanic.

1985 Mustang GT T-tops
Sold

2003 Azure Blue
IUP Automatic
One of 453
#2290 of 9652
Built on February 24th 2003
Eibach Pro-Kit, no ISO's in rear
Magnapacks CatBacks
Mac O/R X-pipe
K&N Drop in filter
4.10 Ford Racing Gears
SCT Tuned by Bama
Best 1/4 13.34 @ 104.40

Instagram @johnny_kipp
Fauxnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #12
WalkrTexasRngr
2003 AB Mach 1

I tip well unless the last time I see the waitress is when she brings my meal. I hate sitting in a restaurant with an empty drink for an extended period. The other day I went to a decently expensive restaurant for my area, got one drink the whole meal while I see the waitress bullshitting in the kitchen and snacking on food.
WalkrTexasRngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #13
CobraBob
Wild About Stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R View Post
I've worked in the restaurant business for years and will always tip well. Unless it's complete and utter crap service I will always tip 20% or more. There are so may variables when it comes to serving. People think it's an easy job but it really isnt doesn't matter what type of restaurant a server works in. It is a fast paced and stressful job. To tip a server crappy because your drink or food didn't come out within a ideal time frame, or your steak wasn't the right temp, or the food was cold, or you didn't like the way the meal tasted is just shitty. The server has no control on that. Your server isn't cooking your food or making your bar drinks, there at the mercy of the kitchen and bar themselves. If the kitchen and bar is tanking there is nothing the server can do. NOW if you order a filet mignon and receive salmon then your server ****ed up. If you order a filet mignon med rare but it comes out med well then the kitchen/grill guy ****ed up. Serving isn't an easy job. And remember your not the only guest their serving, they have 4 more tables and about 15 people taking care of, all with there own special needs and complaints. Take a look around the restaurant next time your out and watch your server more carefully, I guarantee you their doing a lot more then you think. And if you tip 20% the server only see's about 15% because the rest goes to other employees. So when You tip less then 10% or less the server actually ends up paying to serve you. Not to mention they rarely receive a paycheck because after taxes the 5$ and change an hour accounts for nothing.

Not trying to be a dick but serving is a hard job. You can make good money doing it. Not everyone can do it. It's organized chaos. And I swear to god if someone ever tells me there allergic to salt one more time I'm gonna stab them..lol. server rant off
Very good points and I agree with most of what you said. I, as well, always give around 20%. But if the server was really bad, I'll lower it to 15%. If they were obnoxiously bad, 10%. If a server is bad enough to warrant a 10-15% tip, they need to find a new job or get some much needed server training.

On a smaller tab like under $25.00 (with even an average server), I'll usually leave at least 25%. Sometimes 30%.

CobraBob's Shifter Gasket Set (new double thickness)
Apten ported/polished blower
2.80" pulley with Diablo chip
Dual Focus fuel pumps
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Steeda catback
Steeda TriAx shifter
Accufab TB/Plenum
Denso IT-22 plugs
CobraBob is offline   Reply With Quote