2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions

NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions NEW Owner's, Say HI and intro yourself here!

Old 05-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Metalmover

Post New to the forum DSG 2003 Owner

Hello to the community, I have been admiring your website for sometime and really just got my *** in gear and registered to post.
My name is Robert Lane; I have had a Dark Shadow Gray 2003 Mach1 for almost 6 months now...the story of my ownership comes off of two hobbies that combined led me into a local backyard where this awesome car had been sitting for sometime....(PAINTBALL...and FOXBODY mustangs).
I own my own CNC machine shop and one of the complete products I make are high end mechanical paintball markers...
One of my best customers had seen my son and I working on our 1988 foxbody in the back of the shop and wanted me to come to her home to see a vehicle that she had said was "broken".
When I got there, I was expecting a 6-cylinder mustang from 2003; however, instead I had a 2003 Mach1 staring at me that had been parked in the same spot for over 10 years.
Turns out she had blown a head gasket...problem was she waited so long the cylinder walls were messed up and the blocked needed to be redone with new parts. At 98,000 miles the car basically got a new motor, rebuilt tranny, all new mounts, lowered suspension, brakes, clutch, fuel tank, lines, hoses, belts, radiator, radio, backup cam, etc....the car is in perfect condition minus a few scratches...original owner probably weighs 95lbs...so the interior is like new and car only drove freeway 85 miles one way a day...which was good to know.
Originally, I was going to give the foxbody to my 16yo...he has been working his *** off every day repairing and sanding that car....he will be extremely happy to find out he is getting this 03 mach1 for his birthday...all fixed up (currently he thinks its for me for fun)...the scratches on the outside are perfect for him and after he drives to school and around the town for a few years...I will take back and repaint and store for him when he is older and has a midlife like I just did
Im hoping to make some friends here...I will have to figure out the picture thing next....
I have a huge CNC machining facility...and I like doing things for community as long as the parts are for something cool.
Metalmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: New to the forum DSG 2003 Owner

Welcome and congrats to both of you. He ought to flip when he realizes it's his. (I would)

So this lady was the original owner? Im guessing she got it too hot and that's what happened to the head gasket. These cars typically don't have a lot of head gasket issues. Might've caught a rock on one of those highway commutes, which could explain the new radiator. Did she park it in a garage at least?
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Welcome to the site, glad you saved it

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
Metalmover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Welcome and congrats to both of you. He ought to flip when he realizes it's his. (I would)

So this lady was the original owner? Im guessing she got it too hot and that's what happened to the head gasket. These cars typically don't have a lot of head gasket issues. Might've caught a rock on one of those highway commutes, which could explain the new radiator. Did she park it in a garage at least?
She had a covered area to the side of her garage...it was in that stall..covered...her dad would roll it out once in a while and he had tried to keep the battery charged, but that had gone long ago before me....now; its like a new car in a lot of ways....
I've never really been a car guy, I woke up a year and a half ago and freaked to find an old foxbody like the one I had...
I'm a hella machinist and I am surrounded by some awesome x-mechanics (my employees) who are super talents that way too.
In the end I had the engine done by an outside company and every single part was replaced in it...kinda a good feeling now.
At first I was trying to fix it for her....did the fuel tank and such to get it back on....then watched it overheat slowly at idle....when I took it apart...it was obvious it needed redone....running perfect now though...
I felt bad and offered her a good amount for it...she's a friend too.
Metalmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
HAEG
Heppasketties

Congrats and welcome.. Nice save on a Mach 1...
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #6
hotford

Great score!
2011 Shelby GT 500
hotford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Congrats and welcome! That's great that you and your son work on cars together. My son will be 16 this summer, but I can't get him in the garage, even though he loves cars lol.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote