2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
JCal

Selling Mach ?

Hi guys,
Haven’t posted here in awhile but still check this place out at least weekly.
Was thinking about selling my 03 Mach that I’ve owned since 04. Just need the $ to do some other things and at this point the car is just sitting in the garage too long. I have been using it lately and it’s still a blast but sadly my old *** is more comfortable in my Challenger.
Anyway, it’s an 03 TR 5 spd w/ 62k Well taken care of, mobile one every 3k.
Mods are: 4:30 w/ 31 spline carrier and axels, aluminum driveshaft and flywheel and cold air and tune. Has an off road Pro Chamber mid and Magna flow cat back. 18 x 10 AFS Mach replicas all around w/ Bilstiens and I forget which springs right now? That’s it, and I’ve got all the take off stuff except cat back.
Car runs and drives perfect. Still has beautiful body and paint.
What do you think a good price would be? Sorry about the long post. I’m just honestly clueless as what to ask and if I don’t get a certain amount, maybe I’ll hang on to it? Thanks, Jim
JCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
SLO-RIDE

Re: Selling Mach ?

If you don't get a certain price, maybe you'll hang on to it. Sounds like you have a price in mind. I've had 3 in the past few years. and sold them all. My first was a TR 5spd., with 15600 miles. It sold for $16500. The second was an 04 CO 5spd., with 10K miles, sold for $17500. With 62K miles, my guess would be $10K - $12K, maybe a bit higher if it's super clean. There are too many things that can change the value of a car. These Mach's haven't reached the collectible car status quite yet. I just sold a 100% stock 04, CO, 5spd., with tons of documentation for $23K. But, it only had 623 miles.......yup, 623.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE......where is it located?
SLO-RIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
4a7191a

Yeah they're dragging in the rear as far as collectable goes. Still keeping mine forever, I've bleed too much to part with.
Still a blast to drive from time to time. 27k on the clock now.
You got the gears.. throw some cams in there and just enjoy the rawness that these cars can be. That's how I see it.

2001 svt lightning
2011 Mitsubishi Evo X
1999 F250 7.3L
4a7191a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
JCal

Wink Re: Selling Mach ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO-RIDE View Post
If you don't get a certain price, maybe you'll hang on to it. Sounds like you have a price in mind. I've had 3 in the past few years. and sold them all. My first was a TR 5spd., with 15600 miles. It sold for $16500. The second was an 04 CO 5spd., with 10K miles, sold for $17500. With 62K miles, my guess would be $10K - $12K, maybe a bit higher if it's super clean. There are too many things that can change the value of a car. These Mach's haven't reached the collectible car status quite yet. I just sold a 100% stock 04, CO, 5spd., with tons of documentation for $23K. But, it only had 623 miles.......yup, 623.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE......where is it located?

Yeah I was thinking the least I’d take would be 10-ish? I’ve collected a bunch of parts for it over the years. I’ve got a Teksid 98 Cobra shortblock that I was going to build for it as well as a Vortech SC kit that just needs a fuel pump and oil lines to be complete. Brand new bracket kit for 4V & coolant crossover so all the hard to find stuff is there. It’s a used head unit and I have a new MAF for it too.
That was my plan but I just don’t have the time anymore. IDK if someone would want it all or I’ll just sell that stuff separately?

I’ve got a 10 Plum Crazy RT Challenger 6spd that I drive now and to tell you the truth as much as I love my Mach, and it is quicker than the fat Dodge, the Challenger is a lot more comfy as a daily. My sons are all gearheads as well and all have cars that need to be worked on so my time and driveway/garage space is getting tight. My wife doesn’t want me to sell it (she’s been so good about my hobbies) so I’m really thinking it over.
Thanks for the reply, Jim
Sorry, South of Boston. Weymouth MA

Last edited by JCal; 06-08-2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
JCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4a7191a View Post
Yeah they're dragging in the rear as far as collectable goes. Still keeping mine forever, I've bleed too much to part with.
You got the gears.. throw some cams in there and just enjoy the rawness that these cars can be. That's how I see it.

My plan was to SC it but I’d go back to 3:55 if I do that. It is still a blast to drive with the gears and I’ve taken it on the highway many times with them. Just makes 5th useable in my opinion. I’ve got a Challenger now and find myself only using the Mach because I fell bad for not using it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still sexy as Hell and a blast to drive. I always forget how much that motor comes alive above 4K rpm! Still has that old school muscle car feel to them.
Tough decision but I’m really leaning heavy towards selling. I tell you one thing though, I wouldn’t sell it to someone too close by. It would kill me to see it driving everyday! I sold a 71 Cutlass I had stripped to bare metal and repainted 10 yrs ago. Guy from The Bronx bought it and then sends me pics of it with 22s on it all “donked” out and I was heartbroken!
Thanks for the reply, Jim
Old 06-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCal View Post
Guy from The Bronx bought it and then sends me pics of it with 22s on it all “donked” out and I was heartbroken!

Sad end to the car, but the "donked out" was funny. Have'nt heard that word in a long time.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:51 AM   #7
JCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Sad end to the car, but the "donked out" was funny. Have'nt heard that word in a long time.
Probably sounds funnier with my crappy Boston accent. I spent a whole summer covered in paint and Bondo dust for that car and sadly it has turned into my “go to” pissed off car guy anecdote!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
JCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4a7191a View Post
I’m a little nuts, but I’ve probably read your reply about 10 times the past few days. Something hit home with me when you mention “ bled too much” and enjoy the “rawness” that these cars are. It kind of explains my attachment to this car. That, and the fact that I’ve woken up all bummed out dreaming that I sold it😜 I think I’m going to put selling it on the back burner for a while and figure out what I really want to do with the car. Maybe I’ll make a decision in a month or two, but for now, summer is almost here and I’m just gonna have fun with it. No mods, just a little detailing and just going to blast around and bang gears.
I know you weren’t trying to change my mind but just wanted to say thanks anyway. Jim
Old 07-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #9
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCal View Post
I’m a little nuts, but I’ve probably read your reply about 10 times the past few days. Something hit home with me when you mention “ bled too much” and enjoy the “rawness” that these cars are. It kind of explains my attachment to this car. That, and the fact that I’ve woken up all bummed out dreaming that I sold it�� I think I’m going to put selling it on the back burner for a while and figure out what I really want to do with the car. Maybe I’ll make a decision in a month or two, but for now, summer is almost here and I’m just gonna have fun with it. No mods, just a little detailing and just going to blast around and bang gears.
I know you weren’t trying to change my mind but just wanted to say thanks anyway. Jim
I have had mine since 2009. It sits a lot unfortunately and from time to time I talk about selling it. Wife always responds, "No you're not, you love that car." All it ever takes is a quick trip up the road, rowing through the gears and I am smiling ear to ear.... EVERY TIME. Almost 10 yrs later, I am still glad I have it.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote