2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Mach828
Dark Knight

My F150 Was Stolen :(

Just posting this thread as a rant and warning to others.

I decided to go back to school part time to get my Master's and my third day of class, my truck was stolen from the campus parking lot at dusk. I have to spend nearly $200 for a parking permit, yet the campus can't provide cameras or adequate security to protect my vehicle while I'm in class.

A few tips for others:
- Newer vehicles get stolen by being towed from the scene, they can drag a truck onto a flat bed and be gone in no time
- Park in places not easily accessible for a tow truck / flat bed
- Turn your wheel at full tilt, set the ebrake, park so the only way to drag it is to pull from the front, lock it in 4x4 if you have it
- I had an alarm but it obviously didn't help, would be better with some sort of GPS tracker

I have full coverage. But after my deductible, and losing the aftermarket parts I had, I will be losing thousands no matter what. It sucks that people who work hard to have nice things get them stolen by low life scum.

R.I.P.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: My F150 Was Stolen :(

**** man, very sorry to hear to it. And Ive seen seen them sling these dolly things under the front wheels to pull FWD cars out of spots the put em up on the bed. If they want it, theyll get it sadly.

hope they catch the bastards

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
TKat13
Mach-T

Sorry to hear your bad luck, hate thieves. Lazy bastards that steal rather than get a job and save for what they want.

I have been considering lo-jack or something like this for the Mach as I would lose so much if it was taken as this point.

Similar thing happened to my Mach last year but I caught them in the act.
I was working late as I had a deadline to hit and it was about midnight and raining. I had my Mach parked outside my office window (as I always do) and I see a tow truck drive past with all lights off, back up to my Mach and start lifting the bed. At this point I (grabbed something, legal reasons not admitting to what it was) and they saw me coming and tore out of the parking lot before I could get the company name or tag off of the tow truck.

I still park the Mach in the same spot, outside my window but now have a camera recording the parking lot. I was really hoping they would return.

The thing is, no one will question a car getting picked up by a tow truck, everyone assumes the owner called them because it was broke down, great cover.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
ShkeRttlNroll

I hate people that steal. We work hard so some lowlife can come along and take whats not theirs. Sorry to hear about your truck, hope Karma bites them sometime soon.
ShkeRttlNroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Mach828
Dark Knight

You lucked out catching them in the act. I don't know what I would do if my Mustang was stolen, I have so much money into it. Time to get a GPS tracker.

I will just have to mark it down as another life lesson. Live and learn.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
not a gt

Dude that just F'in SUCKS
What a good looking truck, sorry to hear 828, I hope someday you see it somewhere, then
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
ICANGO

I just read recently about the top 10 stolen cars. A couple of Hondas were 1 and 2 and I am pretty sure the F150 was 3rd because I was surprised that a pick up was that high. Don't get me wrong nothing against pick ups. Wish I had one to replace my mini van. It was on MSN.com.
ICANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
RealFord89
HOOAH!

That sucks. sorry to hear.
2003 DSG Mach 1. "MODS": JLT RAI, MAC cat-back, MGW Shifter, FRPP aluminum DS, Accel Super COP's, Chrome 18"x9" 00' Cobra R's, tinted rear side reflectors, tinted sequential tails w/ Raxiom modified flasher, led license lights, black reflective bumper insert letters, flame grille pony.
RealFord89 is offline   Reply With Quote