2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 03-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #101
logan03co

Re: Procharger Delivery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob04Mach1 View Post
Looking Dam Good
Well thanks! I'm happy with how it's coming together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH302 View Post
yea the fact that you did the bigger radiator and also the 8 rib, made it just smaller there, might have to relocate the clip, which is what I had to do when I did a home made power pipe. the other is just putting a screen filter on the head unit. glad everything is coming a long, it will be so nice once everything is all put together and back on the road. is there a eta on when you plan to have her back on the road?

ASh
Nope - no real ETA on when it will be "done". Not in a rush at all - The Mach is purely my "toy vehicle" so that helps. lol

There are a ton of boxes still stacked in the garage - so we are just installing them as it makes sense. Tweaking & upgrading things as we fit.

A couple upgrades completed & many more waiting!
logan03co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #102
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan03co View Post
Well thanks! I'm happy with how it's coming together.

Nope - no real ETA on when it will be "done". Not in a rush at all - The Mach is purely my "toy vehicle" so that helps. lol

There are a ton of boxes still stacked in the garage - so we are just installing them as it makes sense. Tweaking & upgrading things as we fit.
That truly makes it a lot less stressful and enjoyable imo.
Well everything is looking really nice

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #103
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

congrats on the progress!

your car is so clean it almost makes me mad lol

(with envy)

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #104
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
congrats on the progress!

your car is so clean it almost makes me mad lol

(with envy)
I'm with you there, reminds me of seeing Robs04mach and how clean the outside and the under the car when he showed his exhaust set up, like how in the world. I've experience this cleanness a couple of times when I climb under my brand new 2013 GT, but it did not last for long.
I give a hand to guys that can keep everything looking brand spanking new.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #105
logan03co

Another good day of progress.

Installed the torque converter & finished the overall install of the transmission. Plus, we also have the deep transmission pan, transmission crossmember, driveshaft safety loop and the aluminum driveshaft all 100% installed as well.

Picture time:

Old 04-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #106
logan03co

Continued:

Old 04-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #107
Hpstang

Quote:
Continued:

How do you like that stifflers driveshaft loop? I have been wanting to purchase one. Heard they are easy to install and don't have too remove driveshaft to install
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon
Hpstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #108
Rob04Mach1

Car is REALLY coming along now and looking GREAT

Stifflers Products are amazing, he's been helping us in the Lightning World for a long time and has a list of products thousands are now using. Brian is a great guy and I've had the pleasures of hanging out with him and looking at his products up close and personal a few times, very impressive....
Rob04Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #109
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Stifflers loop is great.

Support trans, unbolt crossmember, insert base of loop and spacers between the frame and crossmember, bolt in with new longer bolts. Then put the top half of the loop up there and bolt it to the base. No drilling the floor boards, no DS removal etc

Old 04-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #110
not a gt

Quote:
Stifflers loop is great.

Support trans, unbolt crossmember, insert base of loop and spacers between the frame and crossmember, bolt in with new longer bolts. Then put the top half of the loop up there and bolt it to the base. No drilling the floor boards, no DS removal etc

I need this, may order an do it while doing K member swap, does the ordering go by the car or the transmission?
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #111
logan03co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpstang View Post
How do you like that stifflers driveshaft loop? I have been wanting to purchase one. Heard they are easy to install and don't have too remove driveshaft to install
Install was great - and that is correct...you dont have to remove the driveshaft for the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob04Mach1 View Post
Car is REALLY coming along now and looking GREAT
Thanks!

Quote:
Stifflers loop is great.

^^ exactly. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
I need this, may order an do it while doing K member swap, does the ordering go by the car or the transmission?
The driveshaft loop is by vehicle 'vintage'.This one is for 1999-2004's. It fits automatic and manual transmissions.

Click: http://buystifflers.com/driveshaftsa...04mustang.aspx

Old 04-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #112
logan03co

Today we started the day with getting the top-end all buttoned back up.

We got the new fuel injectors installed, new fuel rails & Aeroquip lines all made up. With that done, we could reinstall the upper intake manifold & put all that to bed. We also did some mock-up on the Aeroquip fittings & lines related to the upper coolant crossover setup.

Finished the day by starting the intercooler mounting. We moved everything out of the way in order to visualize how we wanted to mount it all.

We are going to utilize some 3/16" thick aluminum angle mounted to the vehicle as sort of a 'shelf' for this big-*** thing to sit on. I'll have some more pictures of that setup the next time as we fabricate it.

I've ordered some lengths of adhesive backed foam to line the aluminum angle so it's sort of isolated from the aluminum intercooler.

We managed to get the setup centered on the vehicle & I believe it should work pretty well once it's all over.

I've also ordered a couple cans of Torch Red (paint code 'D3') aerosol spray paint to coat the factory items on the lower support / crash bar area before we assemble our brackets & mount everything. Basically to just clean the area up some (even though it still won't really be seen).

Old 04-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #113
logan03co

Made some more progress yesterday.....

First we started the day by finishing the 'block side' AN fitting for the coolant crossover setup. The hose separators should work well for 'training' the lines. Things get pretty tight but we have a few ideas how we might be able to mount the thermostat assembly. First though, we need to have all of the supercharger piping in-place & then see how we can route the smaller items.

Then we finished fabricating the aluminum mounting 'shelf' for the intercooler to sit on & we also figured out all of the intercooler mounts. This sucker is mounted in there nice & firm for sure.

Everything is just mocked up for now (one of about 10 times). Once we are happy - we will be taking it all apart again to paint the structure and a few other items (locktite the items & place some adhesive foam liner between the aluminum parts etc.).

We will also be painting the items that 'stick-up' into the upper bumper opening black in order to help them blend away (mounting tab & our hood latch support bracket). The intercooler is just too **** big to have it all 'hidden'. We can't really mount it lower...and can't really mount it higher. It takes up all the space. lol

We then figured out the how we will route the first part of the intercooler piping (head unit to intercooler).

We have it mocked up & we are 'hoping' to find someone that can duplicate the complete assembly with a mandrel bender & allow us to remove the vast majority of the silicone couplings & fittings.

Worst case, he is hoping to obtain the bends & then he said he will just weld everything together to have a single piece to deal with.

No matter what - we need to have some support items & bungs added to some of the Procharger segments & removed on others to fit our specific routing.

Once the piping is all fabricated how we want it - I'll break it all down to get it all powercoated.

Onto some "quick & dirty" pictures with some of the items 'in-place' for a clearance check:

Old 04-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #114
logan03co

(continued...)

Old 04-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #115
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

1) with that JLT oil separator, is there a check valve already incorporated into the lid of that thing or is there one I just cant really see? If not its gonna be bad news when you pressurize that thing with 10+ psi

2) whose crossover delete fittings are you running? You have your hose how I would have run it but I was gonna have issues clearing the alternator bracket on the pass side

Old 04-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #116
logan03co

Quote:
with that JLT oil separator, is there a check valve already incorporated into the lid of that thing or is there one I just cant really see? If not its gonna be bad news when you pressurize that thing with 10+ psi
Honestly - that was just reinstalled after we got done doing the valve covers & upper intake - that was the setup I ran prior to the Procharger setup...I haven't looked into any modifications that might be needed yet.

I'll have to look into a check-valve though...so thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
whose crossover delete fittings are you running? You have your hose how I would have run it but I was gonna have issues clearing the alternator bracket on the pass side
Base setup is the ON3 Performance one...but I also grabbed a ton of Aeroquip Startlite fittings to "play around with" when it came to the routing. I ended up running to the local hardware store to grab a 1/2" male NPT to 1/2" female NPT adapter (painted black of course!) in combination with the other fittings.

That fitting allowed the combination to be tall enough to clear the alternator bracket with the 45 degree Aeroquip fitting & everything still slips behind the shaker bracket.

Passenger side basically went as follows:
  • ON3 supplied push-in head fitting.
  • 1/2" male NPT to 1/2" female NPT adapter (basically a short 'riser').
  • ON3 supplied 1/2" male NPT to male -10AN adapter.
  • Aeroquip Startlite 45º Reusable Aluminum Hose Fittings (swivel).

Random google image example of the "riser":

My setup "down in the hole" (not the best picture):

I think it looks pretty good from the typical viewing angles:

Old 04-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #117
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

thanks for that info, I'll probably re-do that pass side hose when I get a new coolant res later this year. I figured there had to be something out there like that but at that point in time I just needed to get the **** thing running.

but ya, you cant run that JLT oil sep that way, with that line feeding off the intake any boost the manifold sees, that oil sep is going to see as well. You need a one way check valve.

Larry (notagt) posted a nice slim one a few times but I dont have the link handy

Old 04-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #118
logan03co

Quote:
thanks for that info
No problem!

Quote:
but ya, you cant run that JLT oil sep that way, with that line feeding off the intake any boost the manifold sees, that oil sep is going to see as well. You need a one way check valve.
Ahh ok, so basically an "in-line" drivers-side check valve would only allow 'flow' from the valve cover to the intake manifold - but prevent boost from going into the valve covers.

Basically good insurance in case that cheesy PCV check-ball would fail or not seal correctly.

So the flow direction would only be INTO the intake manifold at that point.

Looks like I'll be placing an order!

Thanks again for the heads up.

Quote:
Larry (notagt) posted a nice slim one a few times but I dont have the link handy
Thanks - I think I found his post: http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ve#post1604894

Setup from 'Boomba Racing': http://www.boombaracing.com/check-valve-10-mm-3-8/

Last edited by logan03co; 04-24-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #119
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

^^ thats the one.

much better than the big ugly bastard I ran for a while (running breathers for now)

Old 04-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #120
not a gt

I want to more about the automatic tranny and the whoel spring change/removal deal. I am thinking before upgrading to a TVS doing the auto deal. Beautiful job Mr. OCD
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #121
logan03co

Got one of the 99% finished aluminum pipes back from my mechanics welder buddy...looks good if I say so myself!

It's got the bypass valve mount & the support rod all TIG welded in place as well.

I like it much better than the stock Procharger setup & we will be able to eliminate a fair amount of the couplings as well.

The second side (intercooler outlet to throttle-body) is tacked together for us to verify a few things (angles, lengths etc) this week - and then it will get finished TIG welded as well.

The slot-style MAF housing is fully welded in already.

We will be test fitting everything again tomorrow evening as the second side is comprised of non-standard angles & might be tough to get it installed as one overall piece anyway.

It ended up the throttle-body piece that Procharger supplied was actually cast Aluminum so he was able to join that oval shaped piece directly onto the next section of piping without any transition or anything - should be very smooth.

We are hoping to have all these items in the hands of the powdercoater right after the long Holiday weekend for him to do his thing at that point.

Few quick & dirty pictures of the pipes:

Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #122
logan03co

Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 AM   #123
BONESTOCK

Looking great!!

Where'd you get the couplings and t-bolt clamps from?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 AM   #124
logan03co

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
Looking great!!

Where'd you get the couplings and t-bolt clamps from?
Thanks!

Ordered them from: https://siliconeintakes.com/

Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #125
BONESTOCK

Quote:
Thanks!

Ordered them from: https://siliconeintakes.com/
Thank you!