2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #1101
G
Undocumented Member

Re: NASCAR thread

Pretty cheap on the TV ------------------ traffic ain't bad either.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #1102
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

All you do is wait till about 10pm at night if you want to leave the race. Just kick back and relax after the race. Or if your smart, stay overnight and leave the next day. If you don't camp at the track, your only getting half the enjoyment of a Nascar experience.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #1103
JusMachN
2008 S281AF #9 of 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Blurr View Post
Just imagine if Jr. signed on with Gibbs!?! Then had to drive a Toyota! Rednecks would be burnin' #8 flags at their "meetins".

Not a big fan of Stewrat, but I'd hate it for him to have to drive Japcrap!
Nice post... I totally agree...
JusMachN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #1104
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
Supposedly Tony Stewart is pretty ticked about it. Say what you want about him but he is an Indiana boy at heart and grew up a loyal Chevy lover. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Gibbs over this. This is kind of like Ford trading the Mustang to Chevy and forcing all of us Ford nuts to be owners of a Chevy Mustang....

From Stewrats public statements it don't seem that he is too distraught about Joe Gibbs selling out and going with Toyota. His statements in the public have been supportive and he's in negotiations with Gibbs for a new contract.

And if Stewrat is opposed to it and is saying the opposite then I have no respect for him at all. (OHH wait, I never respected the jerk, LOL) He has always spoke his mind and if he's afraid to say his mind now then he's a complete phoney.

But then again, I could care less who Stewrat races for, I can't stand him. Even if he were to wise up and join the greatest team in Nascar, Yes that would be Hendricks Motorsports.

Next year you will see that fat, sloppy, unshaven jerk doing Toyota commercials and trying to save Home Depot from all it's negative publicity it's been getting. A match made in Hell. Home Depot-Toyota-Tony Stewart.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7175302

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...J6PYKQfRIWJ7qQ

As for Joe Gibbs. YOU SUCK
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #1105
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Try to be a little more objective lol. If you were under the contract he has you know you would have publically supported the organization too. That's called self-preservation. I think the big problem with NASCAR is the over-commercialization of the sport which is why most drivers can't afford to be vocal these days for fear of losing sponsors. Teams without deep pocketed sponsors and support from manufacturers simply can't survive much less compete. Just look at the rash of mergers that has happened this year: Jack Roush merged, Ray Evernham merged, DEI/Ginn merged, and Robert Yates is retiring. These guys see what's looming in their futures and they are making decisions that best fits their personal needs. On the other hand, I agree that Joe Gibbs sucks. Money talked and he listened.

My predictions for the future: 2008 will be Stewart's last year with Gibbs. Casey Mears will be out at Hendricks and Tony will take his place. So Hendricks will be the unstoppable force with Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jr., and Tony Stewart as the drivers. Say what you want about any of them but they all know how to race....

Now if only we can get Hendricks to switch to Ford!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #1106
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
Now if only we can get Hendricks to switch to Ford!
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because they have a good line of drivers.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #1107
JusMachN
2008 S281AF #9 of 24

I guess we shall see BP. Now that would be one heluva team LOL.. As for the switching to Ford, well I can see the team being those 4 but I doubt the Chevy to Ford thing is going to happen. Not that I don't want it to but nahh, I don't see it..
JusMachN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #1108
G
Undocumented Member

Looks like they have some drama building at Richmond. Really strange to have both of Kurt and Kevin having issues on the same caution. :LAUGH:
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #1109
ylopony

The only positive thing I will say about Tony Stewart is that he is one great driver. That is objective as I will get with that idiot.

If Stewrat was upset about driving Toyota's I can't understand why he would pursue an extension.

He would be one of the most sought after drivers. He could stay quite without attacking the team. Do his thing and when his contract runs out he could go to any team he wants. I'm just not buying it. I think he's happy with Joe Gibbs.

But time will tell. I do hope that he never winds up at Henricks. Gordon and Johnson are my favorite drivers and am thrilled that JR. will be joining. I hated Kyle Busch with Hendricks and I'd hate Stewrat with Hendricks as well.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #1110
birdman941
Torque wins!

As much as I dislike Jimmy Johnson,
I suppose I will need to switch to Lowe's now.
I have no use for treasonous people, like Dale Jarrett, Mikey, Joe Gibbs, etc.
No Domino's Pizza, Home Depot, NAPA, etc. for me.

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #1111
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

In NASCAR parlance, Edwards blow'd up real good! It's been interesting, what with all of the cars on fire, and the Earnhardt drama taking the forefront. Should be an intersting evening...if it ever ends. (Glad I've got LSU football to keep me occupied!)

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #1112
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
As much as I dislike Jimmy Johnson,
I suppose I will need to switch to Lowe's now.
I have no use for treasonous people, like Dale Jarrett, Mikey, Joe Gibbs, etc.
No Domino's Pizza, Home Depot, NAPA, etc. for me.
What????? No love for the "one World economy"!!!!!!:LAUGH: :LAUGH:
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 09-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #1113
G
Undocumented Member

Jr is rough on them motors, man they had a good car tonight. I hate this chase format.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #1114
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

I know Jr. down now but for next year watchout,
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #1115
pic18

Here's a good article where Joe Gibbs explains the reasoning behind the change. http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/opin...sch/index.html

After reading it, I'll say it lessened the blow to me. I'm sure there will still be other opinions, but that's what makes the world interesting.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red
2011 Z71 Silverado
pic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #1116
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
What????? No love for the "one World economy"!!!!!!:LAUGH: :LAUGH:
F that.

5.4 32V NA

Old 09-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #1117
RnJstel

You all seem to forget Toileta's comments early in the season, like:

"We (Toyota) are not interested in a set/established high profile team". "We are going to show how that we (Toyota) can build a sucessful championship team".

Well, lets look at Toiletta's M/O in Nascar:

1. To enter Trucks, throws bus loads of money at BDR threreby gaining access to Dodge's very sucessful Truck Powertrain development. Dodge even began a major lawsuit against BDR but, too little too late.
2. In Cup and Bush, now throwing Bus loads off Money at JGR. Think carefully about this, since JGR was one of the main players in Chevy's RO7 engine.
3. Toiletta's own "grown" teams (Red Bull, BDR, MWR) are Corporate teams meaning all R/D is done by the company (TRD) and has no where been competive in the Cup or "Major" Leagues
4. As such, they will now as Roush so correctly called it "spend Cubic Dollars" to just buy the technology.
5. Toiletta's own Nacar powerplant has no, absolute zero basis and any production anything and was custom designed for Nascar.
6. The COT was brought about for Toiletta, thereby wiping out years of R/D aero knowledge by Ford,Chevy and Dodge.

Basically, Nascar as the "sanctioning body" is no better than the Vichy French government in WW2.

Look what happened to Indy when they sold out. IRL is just as irrelevant as Nascar soon will be.

BTW, Toiletta has announced that all R/D and Engineering will be re-centralized back to Toyokowa City in Japan. American Company, my ***. Just beacuse they build a few B/S plants (paying almost zero Tax, and a disproportionate salary to workers since they get such sweet deals from sell-out Local Governments in poor states) don't make them an American Company. Stupid American lemmings, they just keep beliving the B/S you see on the boob-tube and Toyota's new "American Company" advertisements.
RnJstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #1118
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

On a similar but differnt front, I thought that the New Tundra advertisement that was played endlessly during the race was an affront to the American auto industry, and Americans in general. If an American car company had put out a similar TV commercial, with similar statements (only aimed at the Japanese), they would have been called to the mat by some lawyer type with nothing better to do. If I'd ever thought about buying a Toyota, my mind id very much changed. Still don't like having them in NASCAR, but don't really have a choice, but I certainly won't have one in my garage.
(And yes I know the new Tundra is built in the US, but that's not the point, nor taken into account in the ad)

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #1119
ylopony

That's still not going to change my opinion about Joe Gibbs. I use to like the guy. I just didn't like the pathetic jerk(Stewrat) that drives for him.

He can't convince me that JGR with the likes of Stewrat, Kyle Busch(another pathetic jerk) and Denny Hamlin needed Toyota. I'll wave the big ole flag on that one.

He sold out plain and simple. I wish nothing but last place finishes from here on out for the JGR(with Stewrat & Busch I would have anyway. LOL) I hope nothing but losing seasons for the Redskins. And heres hoping that it is a long and painful entry into Nascar for Toiletta.(I doubt it though).

I would disdain the greatest future trio of drivers(Johnson, Gordon, Earnhardt) if they were to drive one of them Toyota's. I could care less if they were to drive a Chevrolet, Ford, or Dodge. But cross over to Toyota and it ends there for me.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #1120
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnJstel View Post
You all seem to forget Toileta's comments early in the season, like:

"We (Toyota) are not interested in a set/established high profile team". "We are going to show how that we (Toyota) can build a sucessful championship team".

Well, lets look at Toiletta's M/O in Nascar:

1. To enter Trucks, throws bus loads of money at BDR threreby gaining access to Dodge's very sucessful Truck Powertrain development. Dodge even began a major lawsuit against BDR but, too little too late.
2. In Cup and Bush, now throwing Bus loads off Money at JGR. Think carefully about this, since JGR was one of the main players in Chevy's RO7 engine.
3. Toiletta's own "grown" teams (Red Bull, BDR, MWR) are Corporate teams meaning all R/D is done by the company (TRD) and has no where been competive in the Cup or "Major" Leagues
4. As such, they will now as Roush so correctly called it "spend Cubic Dollars" to just buy the technology.
5. Toiletta's own Nacar powerplant has no, absolute zero basis and any production anything and was custom designed for Nascar. 6. The COT was brought about for Toiletta, thereby wiping out years of R/D aero knowledge by Ford,Chevy and Dodge.

Basically, Nascar as the "sanctioning body" is no better than the Vichy French government in WW2.

Look what happened to Indy when they sold out. IRL is just as irrelevant as Nascar soon will be.

BTW, Toiletta has announced that all R/D and Engineering will be re-centralized back to Toyokowa City in Japan. American Company, my ***. Just beacuse they build a few B/S plants (paying almost zero Tax, and a disproportionate salary to workers since they get such sweet deals from sell-out Local Governments in poor states) don't make them an American Company. Stupid American lemmings, they just keep beliving the B/S you see on the boob-tube and Toyota's new "American Company" advertisements.
The R07 is also a NASCAR only engine (try to buy one for another purpose without GM oversight)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/16/g...nascar-engine/

Ford is also developing and now testing a NASCAR design (which they have done numerous times in the past) to compete with the competition.

This is an interesting sight:

Ask Bill Bagwell, a lifetime Detroit-area General Motors employee, proud daily driver of a Pontiac, and he'll tell you that NASCAR is an American sport, and Toyota is a Japanese car company, regardless of where the Camry is built. Bagwell feels strongly enough to start a Web site, FansAgainstRacingToyotas.com, with the acronym FART - "We're creating a stink!"

He felt strongly enough to start a site to sell for $$$$$!!!
http://fansagainstracingtoyotas.com/

There are several people trying to just make a buck or gain fame by the arrival of Toyota.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...s_terribl.html

The Ford stuff is developmental, the R07 has obviously seen track use, and the Toyota engine is on the track in 4 different versions in 3 Nascar divisions. The big issue is not Toyota - it's the fact that we have not seen a stock car race in many moons. It is an American Sport and should be run in American cars (stock cars) driven by Americans.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #1121
birdman941
Torque wins!

Brian France is a boob that drives a Lexus.
Traitor.

5.4 32V NA

Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #1122
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

:OFFTOPIC: But did you catch the IRL finale? Dario Franchetti (or Mr. Asley Judd if you will) won the race and the championship on the last turn of the last lap of the race when Scott Dixon ran dry on fuel. Very exciting!!! Hope when Dario drives next year in the Cup series he brings an energy with him, hopefully different energy than Montoya.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 09-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #1123
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Junior to drive the 88?

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=3019878

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #1124
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
That'll make some rednecks happy! Won't cost to much to add another "8" onto their arm!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #1125
wchamberlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
What do guys and gals think of having a thread strictly about NASCAR. I know this subject can get pretty nasty sometimes though.
I think it *****, why should they call it NASCAR, I'm thinking more along the lines of Asscar, Hashcar......That's what you have to be on too sit there and watch em go round and round and round for hours on end, try sophisticated racing, lets say open wheel, just a tad bit more challenging IMO. Yeah i'm gonna go with F1 on this one.

04 Mach 1
OW 5 spd

89 5.0 LX Hatch
Auto, bone stock
wchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote