2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Regional Area Forums > US-Texas

Old 02-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Brain
I drive it!

His and Hers

I bought the new Mustang Monthly. :ORANGE:

I didn't know Jim was older than Ginny!
306 rwhp 317 rwtq
06 Mach1 Shootout Bracket 1st Place
06 Mach1 Shootout Super Street N/A 1st Place Sorry Dan, you have to enter the class to win.
05 Mach 1 Shootout Super Street N/A 1st Place
04 Mach 1 Shootout 8.0 ET 1st Place
04 Mach 1 Shootout Fastest Mach 1
04 Turbo Mustang Shootout 3rd Place 12.0 sec
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
old school

Re: His and Hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain

Yeah, I saw that Article....sounds like he's afraid to drag race the 70'. Darn..thats half the fun of owning a 428 IMHO !!!!!
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
JKD

Hmm, maybe she enjoys just owning it and driving it on nice days. Not everyone is a silly track whore like some of you freaks. I like going to the track and watching ,hanging out and very rarely make a pass or two. LOL, maybe I'm weird, but I couldn't careless what ET the car will run as long as it's fun to drive. It's cool to see another couple like my wife and I who are both into the hobby and enjoying it together.

Steve

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 5spd. (Wife's car)
JKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
OKMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Jim is VERY !!!!
...and this comes from a man who knows his chickens!!! :LAUGH:
Old 02-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
old school

Talking Re: His and Hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Hmm, maybe she enjoys just owning it and driving it on nice days. Not everyone is a silly track whore like some of you freaks. I like going to the track and watching ,hanging out and very rarely make a pass or two. LOL, maybe I'm weird, but I couldn't careless what ET the car will run as long as it's fun to drive. It's cool to see another couple like my wife and I who are both into the hobby and enjoying it together.

Steve
I agree,driving the cars is the main enjoyment I've found over the years. It's just a shame the "Investors" have jumped back in our "Hobby" and inflated the value of the early Muscle cars to the point some owners are reluctant to drive them.Cudos to them for driving & enjoying both cars! I'm not a "Track Whore" but have been restoring,driving & drag racing my 70' since 78' when i bought it off my brother with a rod knock...it's been a lot of fun and a pleasure to drive it as often as possible.Wasn't tryin' to knock anybody !
Old 02-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Brain
I drive it!

I'm all for keeping some cars for museum pieces. I personally like resto-mods. In which case I would take a plain fastback and deck it out. It would never have the value of Jim's car, but the average Joe wouldn't care. It is one way to get around the cost of the specialty cars.

Then again, my car is not going to win any car show trophies.
306 rwhp 317 rwtq
06 Mach1 Shootout Bracket 1st Place
06 Mach1 Shootout Super Street N/A 1st Place Sorry Dan, you have to enter the class to win.
05 Mach 1 Shootout Super Street N/A 1st Place
04 Mach 1 Shootout 8.0 ET 1st Place
04 Mach 1 Shootout Fastest Mach 1
04 Turbo Mustang Shootout 3rd Place 12.0 sec
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain

Gee---thanks a bunch there Brian!!! I will assume you thought he was younger because he is still such a kid at heart.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the article.

Ginny
Mach 1 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #8
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school
I agree,driving the cars is the main enjoyment I've found over the years. It's just a shame the "Investors" have jumped back in our "Hobby" and inflated the value of the early Muscle cars to the point some owners are reluctant to drive them.Cudos to them for driving & enjoying both cars! I'm not a "Track Whore" but have been restoring,driving & drag racing my 70' since 78' when i bought it off my brother with a rod knock...it's been a lot of fun and a pleasure to drive it as often as possible.Wasn't tryin' to knock anybody !
No knock taken. Just a friendly discussion. With that in mind, let me clear up a few things. Jim H. is not at all reluctant to drive it. He drives it every chance he gets. He just doesn't race it. It's restored to near concourse level. For the record, the car is a '69, not '70. It is a 428 SCJ, a one of one out of the 1732 SCJ's built that year. For that reason, we are very happy "investors" have "inflated" the price. Did you see what they went for at Barrett Jackson this year?????

As an update, Jim H. now races the '03. We now have best of both worlds, A classic to cruise in, and the '03 to throw more mods at and race. This interview took place 2 years ago when we "showed" the cars. Nevertheless, the point of the article was that we as a team enjoy this hobby together, and intend to continue doing the same for quite some time.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
Jim H.
Blown Away

Quote:
Jim is VERY !!!!

Really? And your meaning is what?
Jim H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
Jim H.
Blown Away

Quote:
Jim is VERY !!!!
Nevermind I think I got it.

And so is Billy with the little red fox.......how do you say it.....buc, buc, buc.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
old school

Wink Re: His and Hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 Fanatic
No knock taken. Just a friendly discussion. With that in mind, let me clear up a few things. Jim H. is not at all reluctant to drive it. He drives it every chance he gets. He just doesn't race it. It's restored to near concourse level. For the record, the car is a '69, not '70. It is a 428 SCJ, a one of one out of the 1732 SCJ's built that year. For that reason, we are very happy "investors" have "inflated" the price. Did you see what they went for at Barrett Jackson this year?????

As an update, Jim H. now races the '03. We now have best of both worlds, A classic to cruise in, and the '03 to throw more mods at and race. This interview took place 2 years ago when we "showed" the cars. Nevertheless, the point of the article was that we as a team enjoy this hobby together, and intend to continue doing the same for quite some time.
I know what you mean.. the prices have gone through the roof ..according to the marti report my 70' is 1 of 9 428cj automatic Mach 1s built with special paint code ( Dark Met. Brown) and only two had the Ginger interior.My wife also has supported my bad habbit of restoring to concors condition, drag raceing,tearing back apart, showing it,.....I'd hate to add up the total cost over the years of trying to have a Show worthy Street Strip capable car ! It's nice to know that other couples enjoy the " Hobby" as much as we do ! It would be nice to meet both of you someday at a Ford or Car Show Event ! If you ever plan on going to Carlisle in Pa. let me know & we could hook up ! I'd love to see your cars !!...Chris & Eileen Sorry about the glare on the picture...I'll do better next time !!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3304.jpg  
Old 02-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
Jim H.
Blown Away

Quote:
I know what you mean.. the prices have gone through the roof ..according to the marti report my 70' is 1 of 9 428cj automatic Mach 1s built with special paint code ( Dark Met. Brown) and only two had the Ginger interior.My wife also has supported my bad habbit of restoring to concors condition, drag raceing,tearing back apart, showing it,.....I'd hate to add up the total cost over the years of trying to have a Show worthy Street Strip capable car ! It's nice to know that other couples enjoy the " Hobby" as much as we do ! It would be nice to meet both of you someday at a Ford or Car Show Event ! If you ever plan on going to Carlisle in Pa. let me know & we could hook up ! I'd love to see your cars !!...Chris & Eileen Sorry about the glare on the picture...I'll do better next time !!

Nice cars! I don't think I ever remember seeing a Dark Met. Brown before. Good compliment parked next to the White Mach.
Good old Carlisle. Neat town. I lived there for a year and a half back in the early 70's. Right across the street from the entrance to the Army War College. I don't know if the Red Barn hamburger joint is still there. I ate there quite a bit.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #13
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
really?

:LAUGH: Well Bill like I said, that was two years ago. You are one of the very few that was around back during the car show days. After the racing bug hit, we had to add the mods. Hitting #12 on the 1/4 mile list within 1 year of racing is not to shabby.
The '03 is his baby now.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
Very nice cars!!!! Those Marti reports are great huh? Thanks for the invite. The same holds for you. If you and your wife ever decide to cruise to Texas, let us know!! :ORANGE: BTW-I love your screen name!!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
old school

Wink Re: His and Hers

Thanks....never been to Texas ! Sounds like a good road trip in the future!!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #16
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
I thought it was neat seeing a husband and wife each showing their cars!
I kinda figured when you guys started going to local GTGs and the track, Jim would get the "bug"!
Has Jim replaced your stolenMACH1 yet?

No, but I did. I bought the Lincoln LS (sports package). Very nice little sporty luxury car. Not the Mach, but moves pretty good. Tomcat thinks I should put a supercharger in it!!

Nice pictures!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #17
Mach1 w/Shaker
Don Ron de Mach-O

Congratulations Jim and Ginny, I know you've waited a while for that to show up in print.
  • 1969 Calypso Coral Mach 1
    Now champagne gold
  • 2003 Torch Red Mach 1
    5-Speed & IUP
    Born on Feb. 8 2003
    Gone but not forgotten
Mach1 w/Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #18
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 w/Shaker
Congratulations Jim and Ginny, I know you've waited a while for that to show up in print.

Thanks Ron. Yes, it's nice that it finally happened. Call or PM us and let us know how you and Jen are doing!!