2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #26
Mach1 EH
original owner

Re: Trade the Mach 1 for a GTO before it's too late!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat427
Sad thing is:

I would buy an 06 GTO before I would buy an 06 Mustang GT.
Not me
I like the body style of the new Mustang GT.
I don't like the body style of the GTO. But then again I was never fond of the cavalier look either.
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #27
grimreefer
U.S. Merchant Marine

Quote:
Sad thing is:

+1
Old 02-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #28
LUCKYMACH
Be kind of afraid!

Quote:
Sad thing is:
May I quote you?
Quote:
With a baby on the way. Less time for racing, and I want to enjoy it more when I get to. Tired of the wondering if it is going to work. Too late to turn back with the Mach 1. I thought maybe if I took it to the next level I would enjoy it again. The next level is just a pain that I don't have the patience for it right now. I am going for a car that is a little more family friendly, with more comfort features. You guessed it, an 05 GTO. I am not going to mod it like the Mach 1. I will leave it stock for at least a year, then I will probably just supercharger it and skip all of the small stuff. I drove a Grand Prix for 3 years before the Mach 1 and I actually miss it. Having the Mach 1 has been a lot of fun. Guess I wanted to be a kid again.

2005 GTO
Impulse Blue Metallic
Black leather interior
4-speed auto
18" aluminum wheels

I should have it by friday and maybe enough miles on it to run some of you at the shootout. Of course I don't expect to win many races, but I will drive there and back in comfort.
From THIS GTO THREAD
Oh, forgot the Tri-ax and RAM clutch and the built 4.10 rear.
That's about it, except for the chip.
Oops, DRs also, and sometimes ET Drags. And the subframes.
The linelock and driveshaft loop came standard on the car - I swear.
Other than that - bone stock.
LUCKYMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:15 PM   #29
Tomcat427
What a ride it was :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Have you been in a new Mustang yet? They ride great!!!!

Yes I have, 3 different Mustang GT's. two 05's and one 06. They do ride nice, but I dont like the interior, or exterior. I thought the exterior would grow on me, but it hasn't. I took my daughter to look at the 05's, she will have her license in May, and she didn't like them either. I didn't even give her my opinion until after she gave me hers. She was relieved, she thought she was going to hurt my feelings because she didn't like the new Mustangs. I do believe they are good for the Mustang/Ford family. They really have a lot of people buying them that did not consider a Mustang before.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #30
Tomcat427

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKYMACH
May I quote you?

From THIS GTO THREAD

I did get several people.

I can't quit laughing now. :LAUGH:
Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #31
LUCKYMACH
Be kind of afraid!

Quote:
You're a dang elephant, Lucky!!!
Huh?
What?
Oh, now I get it - memory, right? WHEW - big relief!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #32
LUCKYMACH
Be kind of afraid!

Quote:

I did get several people.
I can't quit laughing now. :LAUGH:
It WAS an interesting thread........................
Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #33
Tomcat427

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKYMACH
It WAS an interesting thread........................
Do you think Lisa has forgiven me yet?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #34
Roccod1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm87tx
koreans make a better car then the germans. its like buying a name like BMW. with a few exceptions of course, like porsche. now who is up for a KIA... so dont get caught up in "german" cars.

we have a 04 Range Rover HSE and we cant keep that thing out of the shop and it is a BMW product, now ford, but not in 04. so thats German Engineering for us.
the only thing bmw on that is the motor.
Roccod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 AM   #35
SteelwingDSG
Procharger = Very Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1dsg
who told you Vador is using MT drag radials???
as far as i know all he has is: 05 gto m6, Mufflers!, maf screen!, bmr air bags, and nitto 245 dr's. 12.52@111.09mph

hellhamer has a 05 gto m6, nitto 245 dr's, headlight removed, 12.76@108.55mph

maybe another freak???, come on...

besides fosters, who else was able to get close to such times and traps with modded mach1s the same night????

could you explain the differences in setup between fosters and the other modded mach1's, i want to see where the et and trap is coming from???
So what? My car only put down 385rwhp and 349rwtq. I only have 20-30 more horses than hellhamer or whatever, same tires, and netted 4 more mph. Not including the fact that I have the stock gearing and didn't make effcient use of my powerband. Mach 1's are better. So "Ha!".

Edit: Oh nice, he deleted his post...
SteelwingDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #36
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

there

Quote:
Goats are turds!!
THE ONLY good things about the GTO are the interior and the ride.
Our MACHs can't run with the LS2 goat???
SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE, SIR!!!!!
This one GTO that is touted as a FACTORY freak that runs 12.52@111.2mph MAF screen delete,muffler delete, Drag bags and MT Drag Radials
I ran 12.527@108.33 with NITTOS, X and Catback and 4.10s

Woooooo........LS2 Goats are sooooooo bad!
who told you Vador is using MT drag radials???
as far as i know all he has is: 05 gto m6, Mufflers!, maf screen!, bmr air bags, and nitto 245 dr's. 12.52@111.09mph

hellhamer has a 05 gto m6, nitto 245 dr's, headlight removed, 12.76@108.55mph

maybe another freak???, come on...

besides fosters, who else was able to get close to such times and traps with modded mach1s the same night????

could you explain the differences in setup between fosters and the other modded mach1's, i want to see where the et and trap is coming from???

2003 Mustang Mach 1 DSG 5 speed -SOLD-
13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
mach1dsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:59 AM   #37
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelwingDSG
So what? My car only put down 385rwhp and 349rwtq. I only have 20-30 more horses than hellhamer or whatever, same tires, and netted 4 more mph. Not including the fact that I have the stock gearing and didn't make effcient use of my powerband. Mach 1's are better. So "Ha!".

Edit: Oh nice, he deleted his post...
where did you race your car???
edited: fontana 01/14/06, now i remember....
i did 13.07@108.35 next day on 01/15/06, back then i had 350rhpw 350rwtq

btw, mach1marauder ran 12.52 with just a cb, x pipe and 4.10s

anyways, i want to race you car next time at california dragway, i know you were getting a TC???, also, how much boost are you running???
i'm getting something else as well :THUMBSUP:

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'

Last edited by mach1dsg; 02-23-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #38
fanofstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccod1
Our machs in STOCK form could run with the 350 hp gtos. But no way will they run with the LS2 400hp models. These cars are built with german precision. I am goind to wait until next Dec. or Jan. and you can believe the mach is going bye bye. They will be giving them away. When I bought my mach I was able to get it for $24,800 before taxes etc etc. Timing is everything. Have you ever driven an ls2 gto? It is definley light years ahead of our cars. I have always been a mustang guy. But I can only enjoy it alone. What fun is it to enjoy things by yourself? Our cars have no interior room for the passengers, front or back. Not to mention our cars have some of the crappiest interiors on the planet. Mine rattles and none of the seams match anywhere. Now you have gobs of interior space in the GTO. Better materials, german quality fit and finish. It is as close to anyone will every get to a luxury sports coupe for the $. It even has ac vents in the rear. Chicks don't like crawling into the back of the mach. At least in the GTO they will be comfy, and I can have my speed at the same time. Don't post back until you drive one. I will admit the styling is bland. But with the right grill, differnt rims, and deletion of the spoiler, it would be pretty sweet. Some times simple is good. Corvette power with the abilty to carry 4 adult passengers Comfortably. Check out the pontiac website. Look at the interior and you will see what I mean. No one is offering a fast car with this type of quality for the $. Even the new body style stangers have no room inside compared to the gto. They are better than ours but not even close to the gto. Pretty frickin loong post huh. I never thought i would drive anything other than a mustang. I guess I will be traveling over to the dark side.
I have had 2 Machs, 1 GTO (05), and one C6, so I can speak with some knowledge here (I still have the 04 Mach and sold the rest). Getting in the back of the GTO is a joke and much harder than a mustang. Not to mention you can not have sex in the back of the GTO, but you can in the back of the stang (two different ways ). You cannot put big wheels and tires on the GTO either w/out some modifications, but the seats are nice and in general the interior is good (the Mach's interior is dated). The trunk in the GTO is the smallest of any car I have ever driven. The Mach does not handle great, but the GTO is worse w/not many options to upgrade suspension. The 05 GTO is fast, but I traded it in on an 05 TL w/nav as my daily driver (100 times better interior for less money). Oh yeah, you can have sex in the TL even easier, but the leather is more supple so you have to be clean .

In the interest of full disclosure I should add that if the GTO looked remotely like a sports car I would have kept it, but I never got a single complement on it (it was black with chrome wheels and limo tint). I get them almost every day in the Mach (more than the C6).

If I could only have one car, it would be neither. I would probably get the IS350.

Last edited by fanofstang; 02-23-2006 at 09:54 AM.
fanofstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #39
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
Your point is????????????
Well see what happens out in PHX in a little bit. Only thing is there isn't any goat even close to me other than Todd and he's almost a half a second behind my time in the same city......with me shutting off early. Too bad Todd is selling his goat too.
Look at his mods............not all of em either in the strip set up:
04 a4 ls1 gto.

Black on red.

Webasto Sunroof.

ls6 crate motor (8000 miles)

AZPS02 cam, Comp 921 dual springs

SW long tubes no cats, Magnaflow catback

TNT F1 wet kit (available, or can be taken off) with window switch, heater, etc.

K&N intake

18" C6 black replica wheels

245-40-18 nitto 555s
275-35-18 bfg drag radials

ran 12.50@111 on motor

11.45@120 on a 100 shot not squeezin the whole run

immaculate condition. 13k miles.

$22k
Sure a 100 shot!
whatever you have with todd is between you and him, nothing proved yet other than "i would run this". i'm sure it would be a great match between both cars. run what you brung and have fun..

and again, who told you Vador had MT drag radials??? is the other car a freak as well???, both had 1.8 60's, i ran 13.07@108.35mph with almost a 2.1 60' and the same nitto 245 dr's, engine barely had 3000 miles, does it makes my car a freak as well, same track elevation, a little worst DA in my case.

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #40
SteelwingDSG
Procharger = Very Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1dsg
where did you race your car???
edited: fontana 01/14/06, now i remember....
i did 13.07@108.35 next day on 01/15/06, back then i had 350rhpw 350rwtq

btw, mach1marauder ran 12.52 with just a cb, x pipe and 4.10s

anyways, i want to race you car next time at california dragway, i know you were getting a TC???, also, how much boost are you running???
i'm getting something else as well :THUMBSUP:
I blew my Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (who knows how long ago, I've got fuel in my crank-case!!! ) So, I'm looking to get that fixed today.

The torque converter won't be for a while. I'm on the wife cooldown period after that supercharger, if you know what I mean.

I do have 4.10's on order. They should be here in the next few days, but won't get installed for a while.

Yes, M1M is a great driver, for one. He may have been on a pretty good track, too. And let me guess, his 60' time was a little less than 2.00 (1.6x?)? That's where I get killed. I need that torque converter before anything else. I think between the TC and the 4.10's, I SHOULD be able to hit a high 11. There is a lot left in this car, and the mods to get there aren't very expensive. :ORANGE:
Old 02-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #41
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
You're bragging on a 13.07??????
no, i'm not, i'm just pointing out the 12.52 was done with nittos not MT drag radials. again, if you have a problem with todd, is between you and him. my car is not as fast as the fastest mach1 with a stock longblock in the nation. , but i've told you before, todd would kick your butt, and i hope you won't use the power difference between both cars as an excuse.

i don't think i would be as fast as you or todd since i'm planning to keep this car as my daily driver for 2 or 3 years like i did with with the mach1, that's why i would go with a little spray for track duties only. i'll have my 12's pass N/A next time out, then i'll see what i can do with a 100-150 shot

like i've said, run what you brung and have fun with it, machyoung is kicking my butt right now with only 296rwhp, steelwingdsg is kicking my butt right now with 385rwhp. would i be mad because of it??? heck no, we're friends and we would have fun with our cars at the track. i hope to run faster than them next time

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #42
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelwingDSG
I blew my Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (who knows how long ago, I've got fuel in my crank-case!!! ) So, I'm looking to get that fixed today.

The torque converter won't be for a while. I'm on the wife cooldown period after that supercharger, if you know what I mean.

I do have 4.10's on order. They should be here in the next few days, but won't get installed for a while.

Yes, M1M is a great driver, for one. He may have been on a pretty good track, too. And let me guess, his 60' time was a little less than 2.00 (1.6x?)? That's where I get killed. I need that torque converter before anything else. I think between the TC and the 4.10's, I SHOULD be able to hit a high 11. There is a lot left in this car, and the mods to get there aren't very expensive. :ORANGE:
i know what you're saying, my wife is still mad at me because i mentioned her the possibility of getting lt headers, a cam and a tune next month, but now there is justification,she is 3 months pregnant, (2nd baby), our first one has almost 7 months , so i would go with a little spray for now.

see you at fontana next time.

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #43
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
How could Todd whoop my butt? His car is up for sale, no nos, blew up his tranny....blaa blaa blaa
Did his best come close to mine? ....naaaaaa
And stop saying I have a problem with him............no where on the internet will you find me saying or infering that I have a problem with him!
ok, it was only an impression though after reading both of you guys comments at each other , so i would stop saying that from now on...

but still 11.54@119mph > 11.69@115mph, those are the times you guys are using on both sig's

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #44
mtm87tx

what mods are on the GTO to have those 11 sec times?
mtm87tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #45
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

from wild bill, (i didn't even know )

2004 GTO, A4

ls6 crate motor (8000 miles)

AZPS02 cam, Comp 921 dual springs

SW long tubes no cats, Magnaflow catback

TNT F1 wet kit with window switch, heater, etc.

K&N intake

18" C6 black replica wheels

245-40-18 nitto 555s
275-35-18 bfg drag radials

ran 12.50@111 on motor

11.45@120 on a 100 shot not squeezin the whole run

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #46
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
LMAO!!!
Not when the 11.54 is with a BIG 100 shot and the 11.69 is N/A!!
hey, he doesn't have a builded up suspension/drivetrain either, and it was done on 18" wheels with bfg dr's.

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #47
SteelwingDSG
Procharger = Very Fun

I don't really see the point in arguing anything. Physics are physics. There is nothing supernatural about our vehicles, they will run exactly what physics will allow. The only factor other than physics is the driver. Comparing physics to physics is stupid. If anything, the only comparison worth mentioning would be the driver mod, but that's just my .02.

All that said, there is nothing wrong with smack talking. But, to get in arguments over "freaks" and what not... I just don't see the point!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #48
2k4mach
LuLz

hmmmm guess illl throw my take on this, Wild BIll has a kick *** bolt on combo that has proved itself and just proves what the machs can do when you fine tune your combo to maximize its potential.
now on the goat seems more like he built a very nice fast street car. regardless Wild Bills mach is more impressive to me just for the fact that its a untouched longblock and can make a helluva 1/4 pass.
not saying the goat is a piece of ****, but from my drag racers point of view the mach wins.....wild bill may be a tad slower than the goat but like he said that was a N/A pass, he could always spray a little , from a street car guys point of view it would be a toss up cause i like fast well built street car but at the same time if i didnt know M1M and just saw his car and seen his colonel sanders looking azz tell me he could pull an 11 second quarter in it id call BS till i saw it

both cars are nice cars and all its just all dependent on what you wanted to do with the car. not knocking M1M or da goat.
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #49
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
LMAO....Did all your brains run outta your head when you sold the Mach1 or when you bought the GTO?
LMAO!!!
we can debate all you want about our cars, but i don't understand the need for such comments. i'm not offending you in any way, have i???

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #50
mach1dsg
Cam only LS2 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach
hmmmm guess illl throw my take on this, Wild BIll has a kick *** bolt on combo that has proved itself and just proves what the machs can do when you fine tune your combo to maximize its potential.
now on the goat seems more like he built a very nice fast street car. regardless Wild Bills mach is more impressive to me just for the fact that its a untouched longblock and can make a helluva 1/4 pass.
not saying the goat is a piece of ****, but from my drag racers point of view the mach wins.....wild bill may be a tad slower than the goat but like he said that was a N/A pass, he could always spray a little , from a street car guys point of view it would be a toss up cause i like fast well built street car but at the same time if i didnt know M1M and just saw his car and seen his colonel sanders looking azz tell me he could pull an 11 second quarter in it id call BS till i saw it

both cars are nice cars and all its just all dependent on what you wanted to do with the car. not knocking M1M or da goat.
well said

13.43@104.3mph, 2.01 60'