2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
shadowmaker

Irene-all media hype?

I know theres going to be some damage but the media is acting like this is the storm of all storms, worst of all times, storm of a life time. While I realize a cat 2 is nothing to sneeze at, its not like its leveling cities and killing millions.

Again, not saying its not serious but there have been alot worse storms. Hugo, Floyd.....

Is the media jacking all this up to have something to report on? What do you think? Personally, I think its a reason to jack prices up on stuff, including gas.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Re: Irene-all media hype?

Who knows what the weather is going to do.
I work for NYSDOT and we are taking this very serious.
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
73mach03

Maybe a bit, but I just looked at the radar and that mother is huge!
73mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
StangFever2846
MMM, SHAKER!!!

Alot of times it's not the wind but the flooding that causes the biggest problems.
#108 of 9652

Dyno tuned, C&L 85mm CAI, MRT Catted H, Mac SS Catback, JLT Oil Separator, MGW Short Throw/Orange handle, Rich1's Shaker Air Diverter, Fiore Clutch Quad/FWA, AFS Mach 1 MAC Black Replicas 17X9/10.5, Nitto NT555 G2's in 275/315, Steeda (Sport Springs, Bumpsteer Kit and X2's), Tokico Blues, 2003 Cobra Clutch, Explicit Auto's Aluminum Finish Retro Rings, IUP upgrades, Craig's No Drill LP Bracket, MGW Satin Finish Interior Bling, Web Electric Sequentials
StangFever2846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I've never seen a hurricane skirt the coast from North Carolina all the way up to Maine before. They blew it alittle out of proportion calling for it to get up to a Cat. 4 before hitting landfall, but like they said if the upper east coast has already been getting alot of rain in August then this hurricane will flood alot of places.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Take it seriously. if it turns out to be a false alarm (which it doesn't look to be), great. You got an idea now how to plan for the next one. IF it's a serious as it sounds, you'll be happier that you planned for the worst and hoped for the best. Nothing wrong wiht that.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Take it seriously. if it turns out to be a false alarm (which it doesn't look to be), great. You got an idea now how to plan for the next one. IF it's a serious as it sounds, you'll be happier that you planned for the worst and hoped for the best. Nothing wrong wiht that.

Touche!

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
FL Mach 1
Nitrous Lizard

Falcon is right. The only problem is that every time there is a storm the weathermen down here go crazy, even if it has no possibility of hitting us.

It is much better to be prepared and have things you never need than to need things you don't have but I think the media blows things way out of proportion. Then it ends up being like the boy who cried wolf. When the big one does come people aren't ready because every thing previously, even the ones that don't hit, was the big one.

Hopefully everyone that is in the path is prepared. Good luck and stay safe.
2003 Azure blue Mach 1
member #13
FL Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
GR8 WYT

With a hurricane....SIZE MATTERS.

Remember...most people have the IQ of a turnip. So, the media has taken upon themselves to hype it up to get viewers.

Also, takes focus off the "Vacationer in Chief" as he fiddles while our Rome burns.....
Old 08-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Schmokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 WYT View Post
With a hurricane....SIZE MATTERS.

Remember...most people have the IQ of a turnip. So, the media has taken upon themselves to hype it up to get viewers.
Also, takes focus off the "Vacationer in Chief" as he fiddles while our Rome burns.....
No doubt! Look at all the people that stayed when Katrina hit. My tail would have been long gone before the storm hit...
Schmokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmokn View Post
No doubt! Look at all the people that stayed when Katrina hit. My tail would have been long gone before the storm hit...
I'm glad you brought Katrina up. One factory that I've always considered an important piece of the disaster puzzle that keeps getting left out of why so many people stayed in harms way for Katrina is that the year before there was an evacuation of the New Orleans area for a hurricane that never hit there. So many people spen8-12 hours stuck in a logjam of traffic trying to get out for what turned out to be a false alarm, that when the very same thing happened a year later they chose to stay, thinking that the results would be the same. They weren't.
One other thing I've noticed over the last few days, is that apparently the people in charge of the areas that are going to be affected don't seem to be in contact with people in those same positions here as far as evacuations. I've noticed terrible gridlock on the highways being used, while opposite direction lanes are completely unused. We use something called contra-flow in a hurricane evacuation, where both direction lanes are use for a single traffic direction to move people out. I'm not seeing this. I'm sure there are other examples of poor, or no, communication. Sad. Peoples lives are at stake.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Irene was a bad storm( 135 mph) right up until it got to the beach in N.C. We have had a record number of days in the 100 degrees for weeks now. When the storm came near the the coast the air was so dry and hot it evaporated alot of the water in the storm and then it lost alot of strenth(100mph)
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote