2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Best Mustang Parts

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #276
Lonestar77777
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tomball TX
Posts: 415
Cool Re: 4.30's or 4.10

4:56

Don't fear the gear!

LS
Lonestar77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #277
slojunk91
Registered User
 
slojunk91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NEW YORK HIGHEST TAXES IN AMERICA
Posts: 603
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar77777 View Post
4:56

Don't fear the gear!

LS
slojunk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #278
blk 04 mach 1
Registered User
 
blk 04 mach 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hallsville Texas
Posts: 953
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

4.56 seems like it would be to much gear? 430 is perfect fit in the mach1 i have 430s now but bought them used..... so i would like to get a new set.... but i am open to 456 if its not too much gear.... just not sure
blk 04 mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #279
blk 04 mach 1
Registered User
 
blk 04 mach 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hallsville Texas
Posts: 953
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

thanks slojunk!
blk 04 mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #280
palsar
Registered User
 
palsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Posts: 161
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Anybody have a comparison in drag times between 4.10's and 4.30's? I currently have 4.10's and I'm running 12.8's. I'd like to see if switching to 4.30's (or even 4.56's) would be worth the money vs. the ET gain.
__________________
2003 TR IUP Auto - 60K Miles, 4:10s, MagnaFlow Cat-Bac, 31 spline Axles, SCT Tuner, JLT CAI, CircleD TQ, Mickey Thompson DR, 12.72 @ 105.67, 1.76 60'
palsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #281
palsar
Registered User
 
palsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Posts: 161
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsar View Post
Anybody have a comparison in drag times between 4.10's and 4.30's? I currently have 4.10's and I'm running 12.8's. I'd like to see if switching to 4.30's (or even 4.56's) would be worth the money vs. the ET gain.

Nobody has any thoughts on this?
__________________
2003 TR IUP Auto - 60K Miles, 4:10s, MagnaFlow Cat-Bac, 31 spline Axles, SCT Tuner, JLT CAI, CircleD TQ, Mickey Thompson DR, 12.72 @ 105.67, 1.76 60'
palsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #282
slojunk91
Registered User
 
slojunk91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NEW YORK HIGHEST TAXES IN AMERICA
Posts: 603
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Back when I was NA I picked .2 going from 4.30 to 4.56 trapping 6400 with a 26" DR 5 speed. And it was totally streetable...not nearly as bad as you would think.
slojunk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #283
lcaptmorg
Registered User
 
lcaptmorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,087
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

No hard data on that but with a tire that dead hooks I suspect .05-.08
lcaptmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #284
slojunk91
Registered User
 
slojunk91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NEW YORK HIGHEST TAXES IN AMERICA
Posts: 603
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

^^^ I agree...
slojunk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #285
palsar
Registered User
 
palsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Posts: 161
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Thanks, I kind of suspected. To me .05-08 isn't worth the almost $500 in total costs.
__________________
2003 TR IUP Auto - 60K Miles, 4:10s, MagnaFlow Cat-Bac, 31 spline Axles, SCT Tuner, JLT CAI, CircleD TQ, Mickey Thompson DR, 12.72 @ 105.67, 1.76 60'
palsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #286
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese
 
VA-Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 794
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsar View Post
Thanks, I kind of suspected. To me .05-08 isn't worth the almost $500 in total costs.
That depends on your competition level and goals. For me it's not worth it. But if I had the money and desire to win it would be priceless.
VA-Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #287
palsar
Registered User
 
palsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsfield, MA
Posts: 161
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mach1 View Post
That depends on your competition level and goals. For me it's not worth it. But if I had the money and desire to win it would be priceless.
No, I run in the Street ET and Pro ET classes at the local track. If I run 12.8's vs. 12.7's, doesn't matter. Now if I can improve .3 or more, than it's worth it.
__________________
2003 TR IUP Auto - 60K Miles, 4:10s, MagnaFlow Cat-Bac, 31 spline Axles, SCT Tuner, JLT CAI, CircleD TQ, Mickey Thompson DR, 12.72 @ 105.67, 1.76 60'
palsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #288
blk 04 mach 1
Registered User
 
blk 04 mach 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hallsville Texas
Posts: 953
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

so Thinking about going with 4.56's I have 4.30'S now... Is it going to be noticable going to a gear like that? do not do a lot of highway driving... Just want some input from all of you that have 4.56's. Thanks!
blk 04 mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:30 AM   #289
sutyak
it's soo-tack
 
sutyak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairmont, WV
Posts: 2,076
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

I had 4.56 gears in my N/A Mach and loved them.
__________________
mark
2004 DSG Mach 1. Built motor. Turbo. 667whp
2006 Sonic Blue Focus. Built motor. Turbo. 12.4 @ 115mph (sold)
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #290
gfong
Greg Fonger
 
gfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,398
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk 04 mach 1 View Post
so Thinking about going with 4.56's I have 4.30'S now... Is it going to be noticeable going to a gear like that? do not do a lot of highway driving... Just want some input from all of you that have 4.56's. Thanks!
What do you feel you are lacking with the 4.30?
Yes you will notice a difference. 4.30's felt like a bump up from the 4.10's. 4.56 brought it into a different game. Everything got quicker to do and revs up faster.

You will need a slick or some type of bias ply tire to race. I have tried drag radials (all brands) and they either hit or you blow the tires off. I am also launching at 6500 to 7 grand. I use Drag radials for daily drivers

Do you care about high revs, gas mileage, shifting twice to get across an intersection without reving up to 4500 rpm in 1st!

I have had 3.55, 4.10's , 4.30's and currently for the last 6 or 7 years 4.56's. take what I say as a grain of salt as other people have had the same or different experiences then me. I have had the car since new and started modding it about a month into ownership. Most of my testing of gears or rear end/ tire stories are on this site.

Good luck and if I would do it again I probably would have left it at 4.30's cause I could drive to the track with my Hoosier or MT drag radials, lower the psi to about 12 and pull of consistent 1.68 60 foot times and then put air back in and drive home with the AC on if needed!
Now I haul a jack, wrenches, air gun, 4 bias ply tires and whatever else I feel I need to change them up. I'm 54 and getting sick of changing tires at the track! Good luck man.
__________________
03 Torch Red Mach 1
5 spd, IUP
Respect the mans car, the man respects you
gfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #291
ShakeMe
Registered User
 
ShakeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: TX.
Posts: 2,486
Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfong View Post
What do you feel you are lacking with the 4.30?
Yes you will notice a difference. 4.30's felt like a bump up from the 4.10's. 4.56 brought it into a different game. Everything got quicker to do and revs up faster.

You will need a slick or some type of bias ply tire to race. I have tried drag radials (all brands) and they either hit or you blow the tires off. I am also launching at 6500 to 7 grand. I use Drag radials for daily drivers

Do you care about high revs, gas mileage, shifting twice to get across an intersection without reving up to 4500 rpm in 1st!

I have had 3.55, 4.10's , 4.30's and currently for the last 6 or 7 years 4.56's. take what I say as a grain of salt as other people have had the same or different experiences then me. I have had the car since new and started modding it about a month into ownership. Most of my testing of gears or rear end/ tire stories are on this site.

Good luck and if I would do it again I probably would have left it at 4.30's cause I could drive to the track with my Hoosier or MT drag radials, lower the psi to about 12 and pull of consistent 1.68 60 foot times and then put air back in and drive home with the AC on if needed!
Now I haul a jack, wrenches, air gun, 4 bias ply tires and whatever else I feel I need to change them up. I'm 54 and getting sick of changing tires at the track! Good luck man.
What he said 4.30s have been in my Mach since 2004.
__________________
03 Mach DSG
Build Date 07/25/03

Feb 09 N2O 10.91 @ 124.21(1.55 60ft)
Feb 09 NA 11.85 @ 112.87 (1.60 60ft)
ShakeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2002-2013 Mach1Registry.com

<