2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 12-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
D1SC_Mach

D1SC issues

Looking to connect with other who have a procharger stage 2 kit with intercooler installed stock pulley.

I'm having some idle stall issues out of the blue, as well as hesitation.

I just had my tranny replaced with a tranzilla from rockland standard gear, along with a McLeod single disk clutch and flywheel (still in breakin process).

I have cleaned the IAC as well as fabricated the "Fix plate" which seemed to work for a while. but since the i got the car back from the tranny shop its kinda been down hill. Its going back to them for a vibration in the rear end as well as some pretty harsh bucking that started to occur after about 110 miles into the breakin. I will let off the gas lightly at almost any rpm and the car wants to buck...in first gear its pretty violent as i can easily wack the gas and thus create a bounce action.

Looking for some suggestions. Im prob going to rip out the MAF, and Mafia puck but that's going to involve taking the front bumper off and what not so that's going to be time sensitive as this is my daily.
D1SC_Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
not a gt

Re: D1SC issues

I had an issue like this with P1SC, wind up being dirty air at MAF in fender, went with HPX in pipe right before TB and issue solved...get rid of the MAF and get a HPX, you will be happy and tuner will hug you
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
D1SC_Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
I had an issue like this with P1SC, wind up being dirty air at MAF in fender, went with HPX in pipe right before TB and issue solved...get rid of the MAF and get a HPX, you will be happy and tuner will hug you

refresh my memory HPX?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

go with a slot style maf and move it into the engine bay. Your issue sounds tune related with likely complications from where procharger puts the stock style maf

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
D1SC_Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
go with a slot style maf and move it into the engine bay. Your issue sounds tune related with likely complications from where procharger puts the stock style maf
Thanks, the stalling and hesitation issue just popped up after a new tranzilla transmission, mcleod clutch and flywheel went in. I dont think its related, but the cold weather is prob an issue. when i have some time the next thing i'm going to dig into is the MAF setup, I need to confirm its actually done the way the procharger setup says to with the mesh screen in front. I will also clean it, if that doesn't give me a fix, then its on to the EGR, prob replace the IAC, and maybe do as you suggested go with a diff MAF. Although I would most likely have to have it retuned, but that might not be a bad thing as I might need a summer and winter tune.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Or send s log to your tuner before pissing away money on random parts

Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Also, I wouldn't think it would be necessary for a winter tune, unless you were on E85 or changing gas to a different octane. The ECU should have no prob adjusting to the weather etc.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #8
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
The ECU should have no prob adjusting to the weather etc.
sometimes E85 can be a pain in the *** to get cold start fueling set up correctly but even so, once its set you still only need one e85 tune

the original post wasnt so clear that the issue started after the transmission install. Still not sure how that would cause it though

Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #9
D1SC_Mach

well im not E85, but i need to buy a butt load of gauges since this car came with none...sad, but some people are ok with a tuner saying your all good and trusting that forever.

I may actully do that, once i can data log all the required data and send that off to have it checked.

im sure the idle and hesitation issues are something just acting stupid because of the cold weather.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #10
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1SC_Mach View Post
refresh my memory HPX?
Slot style MAF, also you may need a MAFia extender, tuner can advise.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
Slot style MAF, also you may need a MAFia extender, tuner can advise.
an HPX in a tube the same size as the piece coming off the TB won't need a MAFia or anything like that..I've got plenty of head room at 15psi and 700+

Old 12-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #12
D1SC_Mach

UPDATE:

SOOOOOoooo, seems like I had a very small...or medium vacuum leak at the surge valve (new diaphragm installed and 95% of the hesitation is now gone).

ROFL no sooner did i go ahhh good stuff, my idler pulley fragged out bearings shot, thing is rubbing hardcore on the supercharger bracket, alum flakes EVERYWHERE! 80 or so bucks shipped from ATI, i suppose no biggie. im so happy it wasn't an issue with my head unit because the sound was really loud all around it, but the fact the pulley was grinding on the supercharger bracket would explain why the sound was omnipresent all around.

Even though no one was able to respond with info I hope to share this as a reference on things to check.

Here is some of my research info i gathered from all over the place and ATI techs in particular if you call there office in kentucky ask for Phillip VanBuskirk he was very knowledgeable and stayed after hours we are in diff time zones to go over my situation and give me the low down on my particular kit. He did say the pulleys are a issue, but should get more than 20k miles before they start to fail...i know some people who have put over 100k on them and they are good. Its all in the installation people have pros do it, or if you do it yourself there are some tight spots on the kit for the mach 1 or 01-04 stangs so pay particular attention to those, or call them and ask.

here is the info i got from them on just what you should be doing if you get a tuner kit:

procharger tech
phillipv@procharger.com

ati pn for idler pulley DC003A-61SM 67.00% 14.00% shipping will fit new edge mach1, GT, not the cobra.

Stuff to install for the min 8psi of boost from a 4" + main pulley
- 39lb injectors
- 340lpm pump In tank
- idle 45-55psi expected idle fuel pressure
- WOT i 1psi per 1 psi boost general expectations, may vary on cars with better air flow (exhaust, intake, TB etc)

NGK 1 step colder, or any other brand you like that is one step cooler than the stock ford plugs

Keep note this is for a TUNER kit...the regular kits they sell for the cars that come with a ECU update tool, area a bit more expensive but come with EVERYTHING you need up front.

Also the lady i spoke with was more than happy to send me out a model specific Procharger catalog for free to me...funny enuf they said they have procharger kits for harleys

Cheers! If anyone else wants to add to this feel free
Old 12-28-2018, 10:32 PM   #13
D1SC_Mach

Update, She RUNS! ripped the whole procharger system out made sure everything was in place and installed correctly. Found a lot of custom pieces that looked like they were missing and then fabbed, so im guessing this is not an original kit bought for this car, rather a used one that was missing stuff. Either way got the new idler pulley installed which is by far the hardest part of the install, Fixed and extend the Mafia wire harness and it ran rather well. Still getting some stalling issues so I have to OHM out the IAC to make sure its still in spec, then go from there.