2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

USPS tracking sucks

I have several shipments coming to me and going to others. Some are USPS. Their tracking system sucks. When are they going to step up to the level of service from UPS and Fedx ground?
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Re: USPS tracking sucks

USPS only updates the tracking site AFTER the package has been delivered! I too hate that considering Priority Mail costs nearly as much as the other guys and they have great tracking sites....

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Charles236

Never! I will give the USPS credit, they deliver a volume of mail and packages that FedEx, UPS, DHL and the others can only dream of delivering, but the very volume they carry means they will never be able to track it efficiently. I get aggravated by their absence of a working tracking system too, but I don't expect them to get any better.
Charles236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
chrome&paint

yeah USPS sucks
04 Mach 1 Azure Blue w/ IUP transgo shift kit 8K HID smoked projectors 8K HID smoked fogs c/f grill stealth license plate bracket black out tail lights side markers and 3rd brake light optima red top 20" SOLD
07 300C Inferno Red Lux Group II sunroof uconnect limo tint volant CAI, Stealth 93 CAI Tune
chrome&paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

The reason the Post Office's tracking system sucks is that we have no one who's specific job it is to do nothing but scan this stuff. They expect us clerks who sort the mail to also scan every single package that has a tracking bar code on it. When they first came out with the Delivery Confirmation their was'nt that many packages to scan, but now it's about every 5th package or so. It just adds so much extra time to the sorting process. We don't have the extra person for it. All the post office is doing is downsizing all the time. When someone retires, their job is eliminated and they heap that exta work onto everyone else to take up that job. Us clerks can only do so much. Management could'nt care less about manpower. All they want to do is eliminate jobs so that money can go into their pocket instead. To top that off, the new clerks we do hire have been worthless, and they get fired because they don't understand how to do the work. People think this job is so easy until they actually do it themselves. WRONG!!

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Blackpony04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
The reason the Post Office's tracking system sucks is that we have no one who's specific job it is to do nothing but scan this stuff. They expect us clerks who sort the mail to also scan every single package that has a tracking bar code on it. When they first came out with the Delivery Confirmation their was'nt that many packages to scan, but now it's about every 5th package or so. It just adds so much extra time to the sorting process. We don't have the extra person for it. All the post office is doing is downsizing all the time. When someone retires, their job is eliminated and they heap that exta work onto everyone else to take up that job. Us clerks can only do so much. Management could'nt care less about manpower. All they want to do is eliminate jobs so that money can go into their pocket instead. To top that off, the new clerks we do hire have been worthless, and they get fired because they don't understand how to do the work. People think this job is so easy until they actually do it themselves. WRONG!!
Do you at least get to wear shorts as a clerk?

Recovering Mach Addict
Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Navymailman

Ok, relax all you USPS haters. I can tell you first hand as a Letter Carrier that it all comes down to money. As it is, people complain because the price of postage goes up 2 cents. Three months ago every letter carrier was given new IMD (intelligent mail devices) as we slowly upgrade to newer and better technology. Unfortunetly, these devices provide no real time tracking either. Sorry.

We do the best job we can, with what we are given to work with. As a reminder, we proudly deliver (mail, parcels, express mail) to every address in the United States, Mon. thru Sat. It is my job and every other Letter Carriers job to make sure that every delivery confirmatin package is scanned appropriately. Maybe one day, the USPS will commit to purchasing the equipment that is needed to outfit every single Post Office and Processing Station in the U.S. with real time tracking technology, however the day that happens is also the day it will cost over $1.00 to mail a single piece of First Class mail. In the meantime I will be providing my customers with the best service I can give them.

2003 DSG Mach 1
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...zeWizard-3.jpg
Navymailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #8
Navymailman

BTW, I'm also a proud member of the SCS club...lol

2003 DSG Mach 1
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
jaydub

Yes. I can't wait until we get government run healthcare!!!!
5 spd

Son's:
2006 Tungsten Gray Coupe V-6/ Charcoal
5 spd
IUP
Pony Package

Traded in:
2004 Azure Blue
5 spd
IUP
281 Cobra Jet
jaydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
machwun

I ordered (and won) a brouchure off of eBay, and the seller used PayPal shipping via USPS. The USPS Track & Confirm system showed that it was delivered on 27 July, but I never received it. I contacted them and they were quick to reply (via email), and eventually received a call from the local Post Office saying that the mail carrier doesn't remember delivering it. I wonder how a person could remember a single large envelope with all the mail they deliver. Anyway, I think I'm out off luck. Maybe some neighbor has it. It was under $15, so I don't think I will pursue it anymore.
machwun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 AM   #11
Navymailman

Most Letter Carriers (those with senority) have their own route. Therefore they deliver to the same addresses and customers every single day. Man that sound boring! lol Anyway, back to my point. Our procedure doesn't deviate much from day to day, therefore something like a package (depending on the neighborhood) can be left by the front door, out of plain site, without any problems. But if the regular carrier is not working due to illness or vacation, usaually a part time flex carrier will be asked to carry the route. Plus every week the carrier will also have a rotating day off, in which case a T-6 carrier will then deliver the route. It is during these occasions when misdeliveries occur, not always, but more often then not. Common mistakes such as delivering mail to the same number but different street. Or in case of apartments, delivering to an old name or the wrong apartment number. It's obvious that the item was in possesion of the mail carrier at some point, otherwise there is no way it could have been scanned "delivered" by the carrier using the IMD. I'm sorry that you didn't receive your item. Hopefully, if in fact it was misdelivered, that customer will return it to the carrier for proper delivery. You never know.

2003 DSG Mach 1
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 AM   #12
THEONE1
I call her Kate

usps = Snail Mail

2003 DSG Mach 1 "Kate"
6 speed

1.71s-60ft 8.01s-1/8mile ???-1/4

Stock, "Driver Mod" only

Custom IAC restrictor plate
THEONE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #13
Navymailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEONE1 View Post
usps = Snail Mail
USPS = My paycheck! lol

2003 DSG Mach 1
Old 08-08-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
usps = Snail Mail
^^^ His occupation-waiter/bartender.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #15
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

I am sorry I titled this thread this way. I did not mean to offend anyone. I should have realized we have some folks on here that work at USPS. The only point is I wish they had the same tracking system that FedX ground and UPS has. It makes it easy when buying and selling things to have a feel of the shippments progress. I have been using FedX ground lately and their prices are pretty good.
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #16
04VAMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP View Post
I am sorry I titled this thread this way. I did not mean to offend anyone. I should have realized we have some folks on here that work at USPS. The only point is I wish they had the same tracking system that FedX ground and UPS has. It makes it easy when buying and selling things to have a feel of the shippments progress. I have been using FedX ground lately and their prices are pretty good.
I don't think that you need to apologize for anything. I agree with you 100%. Even if a package gets lost, the tracking number doesn't even give the USPS enough information to find it. What's the use in paying for it then?

I'm not saying that what these folks are doing is easy, but they have admitted that part of the problem boils down to some people that are not doing the job correctly. That is a management problem and it starts at the top. There is no excuse for not being able to receive the service that you are paying for. The USPS is finding that out as more and more packages are being diverted to more dependable delivery options. The main thing that the USPS is used for these days is advertisements...and of course Netflix (which get lost quite often).
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #17
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
The USPS is finding that out as more and more packages are being diverted to more dependable delivery options.
The Post Office gave up on packages 40 years ago when UPS came along. We basically gave them the package service because we did'nt want it. We had enough letter and magazine mail to deliver. For lighter packages the Post Office is mostly cheaper, but for heavier stuff UPS prices are better. We don't want the heavier stuff anyway . The mail volume is dropping year by year as the computer takes over more. I'm just hoping the Post Office will still be around. 15 years down, 15 to go.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #18
MachTN
Modify...Tastefully

Like everything in life, "you get what you paid for". I've been with FedEx Express for almost 25 years and it's our fast/reliable service and ability to provide electronic information from pickup to delivery that's set the standard for overnight shipping. FedEx Ground is different and can't offer as many services as Express, nor are the costs to customers as high. USPS offers fewer services and again, doesn't offer as many resources. Just my two cents...

K & N Air Charger, Blue Thunder shifter.
18" Black Deep Dish Bullet Wheels with Yokohamas; 265/35 front, 295/35 rear.

Bassani exhaust; Mid-length headers, X w/cats mid-pipe, Cat-back.

Eibach Pro Sport Springs, UPR C&C plates, Kenny Brown Subframe Kit, Lower Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace, SCT chip, Red MRT Knob

Dyno'd on 4/2/05
W/chip tune:
314.9 rwhp (SAE)
336.4 rwtq (SAE)

Traded 12/26/07 on a Lincoln MKZ...adios and thanks!
MachTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #19
Blackpony04

Freakin' Jose with his Over-the-Shaker pix at the mail yard!

So now that I removed my shaker extension will you finally stop sticking mail in it?!?

Recovering Mach Addict
Old 08-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
NightOfTheCow
Space Olympics

I dislike UPS. They've left a few $1,000+ guitars on my doorstep without me being there to sign for 'em.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #21
Blackpony04

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmeir View Post
I dislike UPS. They've left a few $1,000+ guitars on my doorstep without me being there to sign for 'em.
That's because they charge the shipper extra for delivery confirmation. Another option lol....

Recovering Mach Addict
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #22
THEONE1
I call her Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
^^^ His occupation-waiter/bartender.
whats wrong with being a bartender and waiter? i make close to 60 grand a year.. and this is my first year doing it... 200 - 300 bucks a night in flip flops and shorts drinking all the free beer i want... i even thought about quitting college... i dont know what to do with all the money i make

2003 DSG Mach 1 "Kate"
6 speed

1.71s-60ft 8.01s-1/8mile ???-1/4

Stock, "Driver Mod" only

Custom IAC restrictor plate
THEONE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:59 AM   #23
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
whats wrong with being a bartender and waiter? i make close to 60 grand a year.. and this is my first year doing it... 200 - 300 bucks a night in flip flops and shorts drinking all the free beer i want... i even thought about quitting college... i dont know what to do with all the money i make
Don't insult what I do for a living with your dumbazz "Snail Mail" comment and I'll leave what you do for a living alone.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #24
03mach1
Admin/Founder

We have been selling items (Over 1000+) on here for the past 3+ years and use USPS exclusively, almost always Priority Mail. Many of you know, since you get the products so fast. ! Most are delivered in 2 days, sometimes 3.

We have had a few long delays upwards of 2 weeks (even though we paid and sent it Priority mail) in delivery and only 1 that never got delivered.

Another problem with the Fedex/UPS, they surcharge your for a residential pickup or sometimes extra delivery fees if in a RURAL Area. USPS doesn't and they pick up at your house for NO Extra Charge.!!

Larger Items (over 4 pounds) usually go DHL. They are normally cheaper than the others.
Founder/Admin Member #0001
http://www.Mach1Registry.com
http://www.Mach1Performance.org
Amsoil T-1 Certified Independant Dealer
Member, MCA
'03 Mach 1, '08 V6 WIP, 76 Cobra II
VIN#301788
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #25
FordMan
I Am Cornholio!!!

Quote:
I never knew a bartender who drank all the free beer they want on the job, nor would I want to....
FordMan is offline   Reply With Quote