2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 05-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
RealFord89
HOOAH!

ON3 single turbo kit

I am really considering getting this kit. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...urbo-Kit-96-04

Has anyone used this kit? is it any good? I want to make a bit over 450 whp.
Also kit says it's a tuner kit and requires fuel upgrades and tubular K member.

What all fuel upgrades are needed. Based on my very small amount of knowledge it looks like MAF, at least 47lb injectors(to make 450ish @85% duty), and 300+ lph pump. Anything else?

With the tubular K do you have to have tubular A arms and coilovers as well? Thanks for all of your help in advance.
2003 DSG Mach 1. "MODS": JLT RAI, MAC cat-back, MGW Shifter, FRPP aluminum DS, Accel Super COP's, Chrome 18"x9" 00' Cobra R's, tinted rear side reflectors, tinted sequential tails w/ Raxiom modified flasher, led license lights, black reflective bumper insert letters, flame grille pony.
RealFord89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Flash88

Re: ON3 single turbo kit

Im using a mmr hotside/on3 70mm/cxracing hotside and made 510whp @10psi. On my cobra shortblock with no boost controller.

If you have bigger plans in the future i would do a good fuel system now. Im using twin 340lph pumps and 60# injectors. But for 450whp, stock cobra pumps, injectors will work. I made 500whp with stock cobra pumps/injectors. And turbos are more effiecent than blowers.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
not a gt

With my P1, I made 467 with #39 lb injectors and a 290lph Walbro pump and 40 A BAP (82% duty cycle). MAF is a HPX slot, just to give a comparison, I would think whether it be centri or turbo, same general requirements woud apply, could be wrong as usual though. The first question you need to ask yourself out the gate" What EXACTLY is your goal for the car beyond just a HP number and how will you most use the car?? Oh, how ya been, doing a test n tune night Friday at SGMP in Adel Friday, May 16th, love to have you come out, will be some cool rides there.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Flash88

Oh, where ya live at? Jax or GA?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
TKat13
Mach-T

You would be better off with the newer kit, forward facing header version. My build log shows many of the details of the new kit. You should also consider getting the headers ceramic coated.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
Flash88

def go for a forward facing kit
Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
Shane@TM
Toledo Mustangs

I had a terrible experience with on3. Unless you are very good with making things fit and are not afraid to modify parts I would go for a higher quality kit.
CRT PERFORMANCE TUNED
Shane@TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #8
systemdz
systemdz

Here is 02gtconvertible's build thread. He has had good results. http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=127406
2003 Mach 1 Torch Red, 4.6 WAP block .20 coated manley pistons, manley h-beams, 98 cobra cam, BTR springs, Fererra valves, BC auto 4r75w w Freddie Brown MVB w brake, CircleD 4c, built rear and baseline drag suspension. NOS wet kit w NANO.
systemdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #9
RealFord89
HOOAH!

Flash I'm in GA. From Jax and go down there often. Notagt I can't make it. Too far and I'm on 2hr recall for the next few months.
2003 DSG Mach 1. "MODS": JLT RAI, MAC cat-back, MGW Shifter, FRPP aluminum DS, Accel Super COP's, Chrome 18"x9" 00' Cobra R's, tinted rear side reflectors, tinted sequential tails w/ Raxiom modified flasher, led license lights, black reflective bumper insert letters, flame grille pony.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Flash88

I was prepared to modify afew things with my set up but truth is, everything fit perfectly.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
TKat13
Mach-T

After reading the description, it seems the one at LMR is the FF kit. Just does not show it in the pictures. Another option that is not included at LMR is the larger intercooler option, I did this as well. It was only 100.00 more. I made some modifications, but they were self-made reasons with putting in a cut-out on the down pipe and the larger radiator I have made some clearance issues. But outside of that, I did not have to modify the piping. Had I not had the larger radiator, I would not have needed to modify anything. I did have to notch out the lower support bracket for the ABS module to clear a waste gate, but that was a total of 5 minutes of work.

Other notables is I used new Ford Exhaust gaskets instead of the ones they provided in the kit. Bolt in the headers, then loosely attach the pipe to each header and tighten the V-clamps in steps alternating between the 3, it will all come together fairly well. Mount the intercooler last, the piping will dictate where the intercooler needs to be mounted. I eventually used my C&L tube, modified the pipe going to the throttle body but that is not needed. My test fit of the On3 cold side as a whole was really good. I have read others having a good amount of fitment issues, but it is possible they have fixed those issues now, at least I did not have any of those horror stories.

Again, I would recommend ceramic coating the headers, once they are on you will not want to remove them. I would also recommend buying the Canton relocation kit for the oil, the unit that comes with the kit is pretty cheaply made and not worth risking an oil delivery issue. Besides, the Canton is easier to adjust to the perfect angle to clear the K-Member for the oil lines, it rotates.

As for the K-Member, I used the UPR with UPR A-arms but used the Maximum Motorsports coil-over kit.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #12
RealFord89
HOOAH!

This seems like much more then I was looking to get into so I guess I will keep my car slow for now and wait until I can afford a faster a Mustang there's no reason to put that much money into that car just to make it slightly faster and just barely keeping up with the newer Mustangs they have better interior and better ride quality and handling and gas mileage. So I will probably go with a tune and cut half a coil in front and call it done.