2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 11-11-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
CA Lightfoot

Factory suspension alignment

Just got my new DSG '03 Mach 5-speed. 500 miles in 2 weeks. Omigod it's fast! And somehow I've kept it under 5k rpm during break-in. Jeez, so much low-end grunt. How do you guys NOT get a ticket everytime you get behind the wheel? Maybe it's my imagination but I think the Mach is some kinda cop magnet.

Steering wheel was a bit crooked, so I took it to a local alignment shop with an xlnt rep, been in business over 20 years. Manager said my alignment was right-on EXCEPT the toe-in (I think that's what he said) was 3/8 inch off. That's a lot, he said it was good I brought it in. I thought $25 well spent. Steering feels about the same, maybe a bit lighter & more responsive. Highway tracking was good & seems the same. Peace of mind way up.

Anyone with suspension alignment advise? Was the factory alignment best, should I have left it unchanged? I've been reading this website for months and don't recall any comments.

This is my first new V8 since the 5.0 in my long-gone '79 LX auto. That was just ok-fast. Nothing compared to the Mach. I just can't believe how fast the Mach feels.
'79 Mustang LX 5.0 auto (long gone)
CA Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:38 AM   #2
loveOliver

I'm taking mine in for an alignment as well.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
fastgenious

Smile

Before I purchased my Mach1, I noticed that the steering wheel was cocked to the left. The dealer realigned the Mach and straightened the steering wheel and it now tracks perfect down any road. I love it, quess I have been lucky so far with zero problems and NO rattles...
fastgenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
TommyT

Just a word of advice to those with alignment issues. There is no reason to spend good money on having your car realigned anywhere but your Ford dealer. Alignments are covered under warranty for the first year of ownership.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
loveOliver

TommyT,

I wasn't aware of that. Is it in the warranty package given with the car? I don't remember anything about alignment issues, but I very well could have missed it. Thanks a ton for the heads up.

r