2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Old 12-04-2002, 02:08 PM   #1
lope 2000

Any One Need A Mach Order

I'm not trying to make money on this or anything I just have an extra Mach order and the dealer won't refund my deposit, but he will switch it over. It is out of Norman OK and is a $1,000 down. Basically it's a 5-speed red w/ IUP. He said the color could still be changed. If you are interested email me and I will give you the dealers information. The transaction will all be through the dealer so you won't be sending me any money. By the way he is selling it at MSRP.

Thanks,
Jesse
Fort Worth
lope 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
70MachCJ

I'm no lawyer, but I don't believe he can legally keep your deposit. Call Ford Customer Service and Complain!!!
03 Mach 1 Torch Red 4.6L
70MachCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:31 PM   #3
Bart

Quote:
Originally posted by 70MachCJ
I'm no lawyer, but I don't believe he can legally keep your deposit. Call Ford Customer Service and Complain!!!
I agree. The sales manager at a local dealer gave me some good info on this topic. He said some dealers try to play that game but unless you signed something that specifically said the deposit is not refundable, you can get it back.
He explained that when pushed hard it comes to this - A dealer very rarely is able to keep a deposit for a service/product they did not deliver, especially when the dealer can't demonstrate that there was a $ loss to them. Since they will just sell the Mach to the next buyer or dealer trade it, there should be no loss/cost to them at all.

I'd press their button and talk legal action. It's likely they will see it as my dealer explained and give you a refund.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Last edited by Bart; 12-04-2002 at 02:34 PM.
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:43 PM   #4
POLSMACH03

Tanklawyer

Where's "Tanklawyer"; he is a lawyer.

Oh I forgot he's probably out riding around in his Torch Red!!!!
POLSMACH03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
lope 2000

Well I called ford customer care and they said that they will document it, but could not get involved. They said it was a dealer-sales manager issue.

Jesse
Fort Worth
Old 12-04-2002, 03:24 PM   #6
70MachCJ

Lawyer Time!!!! Threaten legal action, they always crumble!
03 Mach 1 Torch Red 4.6L
70MachCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:44 PM   #7
lope 2000

Thanks for all the suggestions basically the ford customer care did call the dealership and told them I was not satisfied. 5 minutes after getting off the phone with Ford the dealer called and said they were cutting me a check.

Thanks for the help again and if anybody is in Fort Worth and wants a ride in a DSG Mach let me know.

Jesse
Fort Worth
Old 12-04-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
Mach1 w/Shaker
Don Ron de Mach-O

I'm Game!!!!

Jesse,

I'll take you up on that ride. I live in the Northeast area of Fort Worth. What area are you in?
  • 1969 Calypso Coral Mach 1
    Now champagne gold
  • 2003 Torch Red Mach 1
    5-Speed & IUP
    Born on Feb. 8 2003
    Gone but not forgotten
Mach1 w/Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 04:17 PM   #9
lope 2000

I'm on Berry St. off of Interstate 35

Jesse
Fort Worth

Long as its not raining.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:39 PM   #10
Mach1 w/Shaker
Don Ron de Mach-O

Cool, I'll email you this week and see if we can set something up.
  • 1969 Calypso Coral Mach 1
    Now champagne gold
  • 2003 Torch Red Mach 1
    5-Speed & IUP
    Born on Feb. 8 2003
    Gone but not forgotten
Mach1 w/Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #11
Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart

... especially when the dealer can't demonstrate that there was a $ loss to them. Since they will just sell the Mach to the next buyer or dealer trade it, there should be no loss/cost to them at all.
I think that is a very good point and worth emphasizing.

It isn't like you had them custom order a Crown Victoria with
no A/C, a manual transmission, and in pink and green, or
something like that. The Mach 1 should be very easy for them
to sell to someone else.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #12
XCR440SP

Maybe I'm the only one that sees it this way, but I dont' think you should get your deposit back unless you'd specifically said that you were ordering at 2 dealers and taking the fist car to arrive.

1. Yes, the car is sellable, but how many people that asked about a Mach 1 were told by that dealer that their allocation was sold sending that customer to another dealer.

2. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of a deposit to keep the buyer from backing out of a deal? If the deposit gets refunded if you change your mind, what's the point of taking a deposit, couldn't they just collect the whole amount on delivery?

3. The dealer could get in big trouble with Ford due to the fact that they had a "Retail" order that will show up in stock. I was told that in our region "faking" a Mach 1 retail would result in severe punishment, don't know if thats true in all regions, but I'm willing to bet that when the Sold to name doesn't match the ordered by name the dealer at least gets a phone call.

Also your double order could have prevented someone else from getting a Mach or at least delayed their scheduling. So for those complaining about not having a VIN yet, I'd say you can thank people that ordered 2 to get one partially for this.

There have been several posts complaining about dealers raising prices after making the deal and placing the order. This is entirely unfair as just because the dealer screwed up and sold the car for less than they could have gotten for it, they had made a deal. On the other side of this shouldn't the customer have to honor the deal if they placed an order or at least forfit their deposit?

If you told the whole story to the dealer when placing the order and where told that you could get your deposit back if they didn't get the car first my apologies, but if not, I feel your every bit as much in the wrong as the dealer thats jumping from $500 over invoice to MSRP on some other individuals.

Sorry for the rant, this just really touched a nerve.
XCR440SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 09:08 PM   #13
lope 2000

Actually I didn't order 2 I bought one of a lot. And I didn't feel bad because my dealer never stayed in contact with me and would never tell me any info. He wouldn't even send me documentation for my deposit did it over the phone and it took 3 phone calls to get papers faxed to me. A dealer that actually cared (or at least cared for my money) gave me a call when one came in because I test drove a GT back in August. I paid the price of impaitence by paying more for the car to have it now. So I'm not taking one away from someone but making a Torch Red one availible. And it still is availible just have to call Reynolds Ford in Norman, OK.

Jesse
Fort Worth

Last edited by lope 2000; 12-04-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:14 PM   #14
FlashBack

Jesse, they were not entitled to keep your deposit. They gave it back because they knew if you pursued it they would lose! The deposit was a deposit to hold the car for you. You no longer desire to purchase that car from them and they are now free to sell it to someone else. A car which they are still not in possession of anyway! They would have ordered the car anyway. They will sell it with no problem what so ever and incur no loss! There was no reason for them to try and keep your money other than greed!
FlashBack is offline   Reply With Quote