2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Kiwis coming to the Mustang 50th

Hey brothers and sisters, I am excited to post this thread. This has been over 10 years in the making for me since I discovered the 03 Mach 1 and had to have it and then thankfully discovered this wonderful site The Mach 1 Registry.(Thank you Dave and of course Frank). It took me nearly 7 years to lobby the NZ Government to get the laws changed so that I and others didn't have to convert these iconic American muscle cars to right hand drive to be able to drive them on NZ roads. During these hard years I can tell you that logging onto this site and following all of your threads/stories really helped encourage me to keep going, even though I am at least over 12,000 miles away I have felt close to many of you and feel like friendships have been formed. There have been some good laughs, serous conversations, help and along the way we have lost some of our Mach 1 family, a bit like a real family. It is my wish that I get to meet some of you in Charlotte and get to shake your hands, hugs are okay too, and have the important photos and share some yarns (stories) and maybe a cold beer.Tuesday next week my wife Elaine and I fly out on Air NZ to Los Angeles This will be the longest holiday we have had in 27 years, 4 weeks in a row! Of course the catalyst is the 50th Mustang anniversary in Charlotte and the thought of meeting some of you characters. I am coming up with a number of friends from our local mustang club (Auckland Mustang Owners Club) and some others, about 20 couples. We have purchased large van/small bus and will also have a SUV with us. Our mate who has done a lot of the organising flew out yesterday with his wife and will pick up the bus in Portland. We are booked in for the dinner on the Thursday night at Charlotte and I suspect will be there on the Friday and poss Saturday. Elaine and I fly out from Charlotte- we leave our group on the 20th and head to New York for 5 nights with one other couple and then fly down to Washington DC for 3 nights. We fly out on 29th for San Fran then onto Auckland-home. We are catching up with an American friend in DC, Tom from Pittsburg PA who we met at the Shelby facility in Las Vegas back in 2006 our first trip to the USA. Turned out Tom had the same Mach 1 as us, color, year and all. Well Tom has since sold the Mach but we have kept in touch by email as the seasons have changed and a solid friendship has been forged over the years. It will be great to catch up with Tom again in person and his wife in DC as it will be with those of you that are making the pilgrimage to Charlotte and would like to say "Gidday mate." I have attached our itinerary if you are interested. I have also attached a couple of pics one of myself, you will see our logo we have on our polos, I had my registry call sign MUZMAN put on under the tour logo along with the registry name, so please keep an eye for me if you will and make your selves known to me, I will appreciate that. I have been in touch with Scott Hoag who was also helpful during my LHD campaign and I am looking forward to meeting Scott as well. Wishing you all safe travels and happy times, your mate from NZ, Jeff the Muzman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeff By Mach 1.jpg (96.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang 50th Tour Logo front of polo.jpg (219.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang 50th logo on back of polo.jpg (117.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg NZ Logo on sleeve.jpg (165.7 KB, 55 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mustang Tour schedule.pdf (98.7 KB, 31 views)
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Re: Kiwis coming to the Mustang 50th

WOW! Can we go with you? We can ride on top of the bus if all seats are taken like in Pakistan. Did you notice Wed. night we will be having dinner at Hooters in Concord? The shirt is way cool. We also have signed up for the Thursday night birthday dinner.
The Mustangs Across America group of over 500 Mustangs that we are going with will be stopping at some of the places you folks are. When you meet me I will be the one with the buzzer in my hand.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
WOW! Can we go with you? We can ride on top of the bus if all seats are taken like in Pakistan. Did you notice Wed. night we will be having dinner at Hooters in Concord? The shirt is way cool. We also have signed up for the Thursday night birthday dinner.
The Mustangs Across America group of over 500 Mustangs that we are going with will be stopping at some of the places you folks are. When you meet me I will be the one with the buzzer in my hand.
That's awesome Russ, a secret hand shake! How far away is Hooters I mean Concord from Charlotte? Looking forward to seeing lots of mustangs and their owners.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 03-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
That's awesome Russ, a secret hand shake! How far away is Hooters I mean Concord from Charlotte? Looking forward to seeing lots of mustangs and their owners.
Here is the map link Muzman. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...685c06da65e884

It looks to be centered with all motels and very close to the track.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I plan on being at Hooters as well. Great shirt and really look forward to seeing you there! I'm hoping to get Wolfgang there that night or one of our dinners.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
I plan on being at Hooters as well. Great shirt and really look forward to seeing you there! I'm hoping to get Wolfgang there that night or one of our dinners.

Awesome John have printed the map Russ sent, not sure what time we get in Wednesday but would be great to see you there.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Mach1 EH
original owner

This Commonwealth country person will not be @ Hooters on Wednesday night as I'll be at the Welcome Party. Unless it is a dud, then will head over to Hooters after.

Looking forward to meeting you in person @ this event. (I'll get the 1st round - long distance award)
My Mach1 will be parked with Chris @ M.O.R.E. parking with Team Shelby.

See you then sir!!

Will it be an early or late night @ Hooters y'all??
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 EH View Post
This Commonwealth country person will not be @ Hooters on Wednesday night as I'll be at the Welcome Party. Unless it is a dud, then will head over to Hooters after.

Looking forward to meeting you in person @ this event. (I'll get the 1st round - long distance award)

See you then sir!!

I feel a plan forming, I'm not drinking Canadian Club though, has to be a single malt. Looking forward to meeting you too.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 03-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #9
Lonestar77777

Cool Re: Kiwis coming to the Mustang 50th

Wish I could go sounds like a really good time will be had by all.

LS
Lonestar77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 EH View Post

See you then sir!!

I have tickets to the Welcome Party also Ray, but was thinking the same as you. If it's a dud, then I'll need a Plan B, or H! LOL!
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Looking forward to meeting up at Charlotte with you also, Jeff. Still debating on which Mustang to drive. I know it will be a white one. Just not sure if it will be the white 1970 Mach 1 or the white 2014 Shelby GT-500. I know I'll receive a lot of sympathy from my Mach 1 Registry brethren as they have always been there for me in tough times (LOL).

The last three years at Carlisle I drove a Shelby but still register as a "Mach 1 Registry" member on the registration and this time was no different. A lot of us are still M1R members even without our 03/04 Mach 1's. The Mach 1's brought us together but the friendships established keep us coming back.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #12
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Looking forward to meeting up at Charlotte with you also, Jeff. Still debating on which Mustang to drive. I know it will be a white one. Just not sure if it will be the white 1970 Mach 1 or the white 2014 Shelby GT-500. I know I'll receive a lot of sympathy from my Mach 1 Registry brethren as they have always been there for me in tough times (LOL).

The last three years at Carlisle I drove a Shelby but still register as a "Mach 1 Registry" member on the registration and this time was no different. A lot of us are still M1R members even without our 03/04 Mach 1's. The Mach 1's brought us together but the friendships established keep us coming back.
You won't see my ears for the grin when I meet you Bill
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
You won't see my ears for the grin when I meet you Bill
It might be from the fright of meeting him

I am really, really sorry I will not meet you in person. You are one of my Mach 1 Registry heroes. I hope you enjoy the trip!
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #14
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post

I am really, really sorry I will not meet you in person. You are one of my Mach 1 Registry heroes. I hope you enjoy the trip!
Ha ha Bill might be scared when he sees me in person.

Geez Tony not sure what to say except thank you and that you have always been are one of my Registry heroes, a legend! I'm sure we will meet up one day, and I look forward to that sir, if ever you are coming to NZ.....
SOLD Feb 2007

Last edited by muzman; 03-26-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #15
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post

We're going to miss you, Tony. I think nowadays you're putting more miles on your running shoes than your Mustangs (LOL). Maybe you can make it to Carlisle this year, eh?
My 1970 Mach

2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
I think nowadays you're putting more miles on your running shoes than your Mustangs (LOL).
Probably true, man
Old 03-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Alas we won't be there to meet you either Jeff.. We just can't make it to the 50th...
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #18
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
Alas we won't be there to meet you either Jeff.. We just can't make it to the 50th...
aw shucks come on its just down the road Jeff! No worries, next time for sure mate.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #19
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Heading out to the airport, the journey begins.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 04-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #20
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Currently in Vegas, off to Shelby tomorrow followed by hoover dam and end up in Williams according to the plan tomorrow night.
SOLD Feb 2007

Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #21
boney
True Blue Ford

Quote:
Currently in Vegas, off to Shelby tomorrow followed by hoover dam and end up in Williams according to the plan tomorrow night.
Enjoy your trip and I will see you at hooters on Wednesday .
boney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #22
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:

Enjoy your time out West and be seeing you in Charlotte.
My 1970 Mach

Old 04-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #23
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Hooters and the Muzman in Charlotte. Now that's going to be a hoot.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Safe travels, muzman!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #25
2camsam

My wife and I will be at the Charlotte show, unfortanetly the Mach won't be there. I'm driving my 97 triple black Cobra and my wife will be in her 2008 Gt. Hope to see some Registry people there Saturday!

Last edited by 2camsam; 04-08-2014 at 09:05 PM.
2camsam is offline   Reply With Quote