2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
clarehills
cookie monster

Angry Caught going 89 in a 65 :(

So I was just caught riving 89 mph in a 65 limit zone. The fella was real nice and said I could do traffic school to get rid of the ticket - I still have to pay a fine though right?
Any CA cops on here? How much of a fine am I looking at? It is my first violation (ie: first time getting caught )

Thanks!
Clarehills
Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
TEXASDSGMACH1
LS WHO?

Re: Caught going 89 in a 65 :(

In Texas I think 24 over is the highest speed you can take traffic school for. You may have got really lucky if its the same in CA
00 GT with a 4v

Sold, but still in the family
03 DSG Mach

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarehills View Post
So I was just caught riving 89 mph in a 65 limit zone. The fella was real nice and said I could do traffic school to get rid of the ticket - I still have to pay a fine though right?
Any CA cops on here? How much of a fine am I looking at? It is my first violation (ie: first time getting caught )

Thanks!
Clarehills
That sounds good to me ..they sure wont let you do that in N.C. for that speed ..you lose your driving privlages.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
Old 09-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
one mach 1
Pro-gun Conservative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarehills View Post

Thanks!
Clarehills
lucky guy! You could have been doing 90 and got a wreckless driving arrest!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
BeachMach1
Old Retired Navy Guy

Get your speedo calibrated, take a driver improvement course up front before you go to court (AAA has one on line), and get a lawyer. If you have a decent record you can easily get it reduced.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMach1 View Post
Get your speedo calibrated, take a driver improvement course up front before you go to court (AAA has one on line), and get a lawyer. If you have a decent record you can easily get it reduced.
Use the old "speedo calibrated" ploy here in N.C. and they can add improper equipment on the list too.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

May God have mercy on you my son.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
MachGirl04

My only ticket in the Mach and actually in the last 10 yrs was for 87 in a 65. I didn't get to go to stinkin' driving school or whatever they call it. WTH. All I got was Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
PrISM
Skinjob Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachGirl04 View Post
My only ticket in the Mach and actually in the last 10 yrs was for 87 in a 65. I didn't get to go to stinkin' driving school or whatever they call it. WTH. All I got was Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
Didn't you try to bat your eyes at the officer and get a warning?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
mach1 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachGirl04 View Post
you were going 87 in a 65! lol
Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
That sounds good to me ..they sure wont let you do that in N.C. for that speed ..you lose your driving privlages.
Yup.. After conviction for an "over 80" speed charge, DMV will boot you for 60 days IIRC.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

I cannot legally drive in Ohio right now thanks to last years shoot out LMAO
Old 09-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
clarehills
cookie monster

Jases - I guess I am lucky I was going 89 in CA and not in SC or FL! Wow that is cold.

Anyway- I will report back how I get on - I am expecting the notice in the mail in the next couple of weeks. From searching the web I suspect it will be about $300 plus 30-40 for traffic school. After that I will have to keep my nose clean for 18 months... think of all the gas I will save driving 65!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #14
Apollo240
12's

The police and government are so harsh on tickets because they make good money off it. They lie to you and tell you to fight it in court, when you get to court you are already guilty. When I went out for the state police they were saying how the side of the road is not the place to argue about the ticket thats for court...well B/S, if you can walk up and give the ticket then you can stand there and talk about it. If its to dangerous to talk right then its too dangerous to write a ticket. Im so glad I made the better choice to go to the Fire Department.

Current: Ls1 Corvette
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
The police and government are so harsh on tickets because they make good money off it. They lie to you and tell you to fight it in court, when you get to court you are already guilty. When I went out for the state police they were saying how the side of the road is not the place to argue about the ticket thats for court...well B/S, if you can walk up and give the ticket then you can stand there and talk about it. If its to dangerous to talk right then its too dangerous to write a ticket. Im so glad I made the better choice to go to the Fire Department.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 09-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #16
ylopony

Quote:
There is a solution to that. Don't break the law then you won't have to pay. I have no sympathy for someone that has to pay for a ticket, and that includes the couple I had years ago.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
tumbleweedmb70

My grandpa used to have a saying that covers most things in life. "If you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler." Sounds like you enjoyed the dance so grab your wallet, the fiddler is waiting with his hand out.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #18
Apollo240
12's

Wild guess, but you all were or are probably doughnut munchers arent you? Hahaa, I know how it works. I guess you think its smart to walk out in front of a vehicle speeding down the road too? We lost an Officer who did that 2 years ago, not a good thing. How would you like to tell his family he got killed in the line of duty for a stupid speeding ticket. I understand busting an idiot doing 100 in a 55 but come on now, devoting so many resources and money just to bust people doing 5 over? Now they got speed cameras...so that allows cops to be even lazier, gotta get cameras to do what their officers cant.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #19
ylopony

Quote:
Wild guess, but you all were or are probably doughnut munchers arent you? Hahaa, I know how it works. .
I'm a donut muncher(as evidenced by a 40 inch waist) but I'm no police officer. For someone who is a fireman(that I do commend you for) you sure do have a low opinion of others who are in public service to protect and save others. Perhaps that ticket the donut muncher wrote for going 20 miles over the limit prevented them from waking you up from your sleep at the station so that you won't have to pull the remains of the car off of a tree.

Hopefully you will never have to call one of those donut munchers to put their life on the line to save yours.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #20
mach1nm

here you can just take driving school and not get tickets for 3 months and your good.
slp lm1
steeda cold air
steeda tri ax/steeda clutch quadrent and adjuster
full subframe connectors
steeda upper and lower control arms
steeda front and rear sway bars
steeda shock tower bar
steeda strut tower bar
2" lowering kit
Old 09-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #21
MachGirl04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1 03 View Post
you were going 87 in a 65! lol
yeah, exactly, in the right hand slow lane, getting passed by several people. That's what I get for having such a damned gorgeous car . I figure it 'looked' like it was going much faster than everyone else.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
Old 09-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #22
mach1 03

My dads always on me about driving fast in the mach. he always sys a cop will pull you over faster than another car even if your going slower. Unfortunately he’s right.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #23
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Wild guess, but you all were or are probably doughnut munchers arent you? Hahaa, I know how it works. I guess you think its smart to walk out in front of a vehicle speeding down the road too? We lost an Officer who did that 2 years ago, not a good thing. How would you like to tell his family he got killed in the line of duty for a stupid speeding ticket. I understand busting an idiot doing 100 in a 55 but come on now, devoting so many resources and money just to bust people doing 5 over? Now they got speed cameras...so that allows cops to be even lazier, gotta get cameras to do what their officers cant.
If I had the desperate need to be liked by everyone, I would have stayed a Fireman.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
Apollo240
12's

Dont get me wrong, I dont hate cops. I just dont like how so much focus is put into stopping speeders. Like I said 100 in a 55 or something similar deserves a ticket. I know that when I travel out of state I see a lot less effort put towards stopping speeders. My county/state, spends soooo much money and puts too much effort into it. There are plenty of better things police could be doing, helping kids, stopping drug deals, etc. There are cops that I know in my county who feel the same way, they joined to protect and serve. However people tend to not like you when your known for writing them tickets.

BTW I dont mind getting up in the middle of the night to pull someone out of a car wrapped around the tree. However, theres a flipside to that, the cop tries to pull them over and they decide to run...now I have to deal with the damage the suspect caused and peel a cop out of his cruiser. Plus, I choose my profession because I like helping people.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #25
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, I dont hate cops.
Yet you're willing to name call them? C'mon.

Quote:
However people tend to not like you when your known for writing them tickets.
That is the single most reason people get angry at the Police. Such is life.

Quote:
BTW I dont mind getting up in the middle of the night to pull someone out of a car wrapped around the tree. However, theres a flipside to that, the cop tries to pull them over and they decide to run...now I have to deal with the damage the suspect caused and peel a cop out of his cruiser. Plus, I choose my profession because I like helping people.
You've just contradicted yourself. That car not stopped for speeding, even for 15-20 over can just as easily cause a death. Maybe that stop prevented a fatality. Peeling a Brother out of his cruiser, unfortunately IS part of the Job. Been there, done that too many times. But it is accepted.

Your Job, I've done too. The car accident, injuries, etc, yeah... we go hand in hand with you to do that stuff. Now, spraying water on a fire... Would you say the same about a fellow firefighter? (going into a fully involved structure, with no victims inside, yet he still goes in to put the fire out - then gets hurt or God forbid, he dies) Could have easily stayed outside and sprayed the water. That happens a lot too, you know. Been there, done that.

Donut Munchers you say. Police have to search for crime.... its called Patrol. How come you guys don't Patrol for Fires? I know... too busy sleeping in your bunks all cozy. Yup, I said it... been there, done that. I like stopping stuff before it happens, not get there after to clean up.

Closed Thread